Train Ne and Se | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Train Ne and Se

I think this is exercising Se..Correct me if I am wrong, someone.
Some times I will sit outside and focus my senses entirely on the environment.
It's very soothing, and like a form of meditation. Focus on how the wind sounds, feels and smells etc. etc. etc.

Or watch people and listen to their conversations. Although thats the creepier option :D

What is mindfulness? It sounds more like introspection rather than spinning webs.

Sorry for getting in to this thread so late. I was looking for how to improve or engage my Se.

[MENTION=4137]technics[/MENTION]

I couldn't help but want to share with you some resources regarding Mindfulness that are especially geared towards the Western Mind.

Jon Kabat Zinn is awesome for explaining it's usefulness in our lives.
I had bookmarked a Science Daily article that you might find as evidence.

This free book "Mindfulness in Plain English" is the straight forward simple way for a westerner to practice. We read this book aloud in my Monday night meditation group for clarity, to improve our practice, and get results.

[video=youtube;3nwwKbM_vJc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3nwwKbM_vJc[/video]

[h=1]Mindfulness Meditation Training Changes Brain Structure in Eight Weeks[/h]http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/01/110121144007.htm

Mindfulness in Plain English pdf : http://www.urbandharma.org/pdf/mindfulness_in_plain_english.pdf

Reactions: technics
So what is the difference between Si and Se? At cognitiveprocesses.com they both sound very similar.

SE:
oh look iced waterfall!
oh look this is like in fable stories, snow pines and everything! (my mother said these two lines, although in finnish, esfp)
oh look a buttefly! (stereotypic Se example)
you heard she bought new bed? yes really! yes i know you dont care but im telling you anyways this useless piece of crap! (ok, maybe that last sentence is not what they say, but should -.-)

Si:
is quiet of their observations.
si is the memory of useless data, like remembering all the flags or all the cities on planet earth, which you will never need >.<
or remembering you already flushed your toilet. (i fail to remember, and usually flush twice =X but this is N dom thing, while yes it means super weak S)

most mbti related sites are unreliable, try comparing how it works in real life to see how it really is.
or compare the dom types in contrast to their opposite: enfp vs esfp etc.

Reactions: technics
or remembering you already flushed your toilet. (i fail to remember, and usually flush twice =X but this is N dom thing, while yes it means super weak S)

Haha! Yeah, I'm the sort of person who forgets after a few seconds whether I already locked the door :D

Haha! Yeah, I'm the sort of person who forgets after a few seconds whether I already locked the door :D

so yeh, for N doms its a question of either having horrible memory or trouble believing your eyes.
i have both... =X
also Si is more concerned for _your_ health while Se is more concerned for others physical well being.
for example, Se may wear a suit as casual wear just to please others eyes, eve if its very uncomfortable.
which explains entp's comfort clothing domination. weak Si, care for your own comfort, entirely missing Se = couldnt care a less how others see me. (but might care for some other reasons.)