Toy Story 3 | INFJ Forum

Toy Story 3

Lilchamor

Regular Poster
Aug 18, 2009
MBTI
INFJ
1.) Did you go to see it? If so, why?

2.) Do you think that this movie was "necessary" (ie did it satisfy you to know "the ending"), or was it just another attempt to make money on the part of Disney and Pixar?

3.) The movie: Awesome, good, bad, indifferent? Why?

I'm curious about this too....

havent seen it yet, i only know based on past experience that any pixar = worth while.

I'll have to watch the first two.... hmm, I'll wait till it comes out on DVD and then rent all three and have an all-night movie session.

edit. Oh wait, is this one in 3D?

The only unnecessary part was seeing it in 3D, but that's a separate issue entirely.

I didn't think another sequel was absolutely necessary; I would've been fine not knowing exactly what was going to happen to the toys after Andy "grew up." It was still worth seeing, though, and I'm glad they revisited the story. I was really, really excited about seeing it (and saw it today) because I loved the original so much and thought the second was pretty good, too.

In short, I liked it. It was a lot like the prior two; the entire time I was really, really anxious, even though I knew all the toys would somehow end up all together and safe in the end, and I laughed a lot. And then I almost cried a little at the end, which I will admit even if it makes me sound like a cheeseball.

In my opinion, it wasn't bad at all.

Oh. But they didn't leave in the part with the dinosaur and the IM with the other dinosaur down the street (which was in the trailer). I thought that was really funny. Also, that old teddy bear thing/guy, the one that smells like strawberries, reminded me too much of the Prospector from Toy Story 2, so that was just a bit generally weird.

In short, I liked it. It was a lot like the prior two; the entire time I was really, really anxious, even though I knew all the toys would somehow end up all together and safe in the end, and I laughed a lot. And then I almost cried a little at the end, which I will admit even if it makes me sound like a cheeseball.

Actually, almost everyone I've talked to says their eyes filled a little bit during the climax/end (or even in the beginning when Rex says, "He held me!!! He actually held me!!!" So sad...). If you're a 20-something who remembers seeing Toy Story in the theaters as a kid, it's impossible not to be affected by all that happened in 3.

Raccoon Love, why couldn't you see it? Transportation issues? That was always my problem before I had a car. When I was 13, I was a huge fan of Hey Arnold!, and I wanted desperately to see the movie in theaters, but I didn't drive, and my mom had just had a baby...so we couldn't. I had to wait a whole 7 months for it to come out on video!!! :(