IndigoSensor

Product Obtained
Retired Staff
Nov 12, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2 sx/so/sp
I have noticed I tend to get in moods like this when I have nothing to do. Ironiclly, I long for the abillity to have nothing to do.

I refuse to acknolage it (doing so makes it true) that I subconscienly look for something to brood, be upset, long, or be sad over. And right now is no exception. I am home work winter break. I really would like to go back to montana, but I find myself totally inward. I don't want to do anything, talk to anyone, I just want to sleep. I am not sad or depressed, just "down". It is hard to explain, it is like being sad, but it is distinctly different.

Right now I find myself obsessing over something (I would rather not say, cause it is embaressing, but if you must know, PM away) that I can never have. I am just longing over it, wanting it, feeling a sort of jelously over it. I would rather stop thinking about it, but I find that I cant. I would just like to turn off, but I just want it so badly. I just want to go to sleep...

Acknowledge
Subconsciously
Embarrassing

Last edited by a moderator:
I have noticed I tend to get in moods like this when I have nothing to do. Ironiclly, I long for the abillity to have nothing to do.

I refuse to acknolage it (doing so makes it true) that I subconscienly look for something to brood, be upset, long, or be sad over.

... I just want to go to sleep...

I feel this.

I have to say that I suffer from this exact brand of malaise. I've found it useful to physically straighten myself up and raise my chin if I'm moping around. This attention to my physical posture and outward appearance usually helps me return to baseline a bit. :m096:

yes, me too and I hate that state because it's on the fence. I usually go on a cleaning spree when that happens and I get out of it more quickly.

I refuse to acknolage it (doing so makes it true) that I subconscienly look for something to brood, be upset, long, or be sad over.

I just want to go to sleep...

I'm the same way. I'm home for winter break as well, and I want nothing more than to be able to go back to college.

I don't quite understand this one. Do you want to feel bad so you can be down at yourself or so you can feel something strongly or so you can avoid people or what? Can someone explain why you do this? I want to understand.

I used to do this all the time. I would often be unable to sleep (it could be 6 or 7 in the morning sometimes) because I was mulling over all the wrong doings of the world. I think I was actually addicted to being angry at malicious people. Our bodies store stress as muscle tension and it is usually stored in one or two places in the body. INFJ's feel all the pain of others but our introversion stops us releasing this stress, which is why INFJ's are so prone to things like headaches and stomach issues (I get both of these). I think it is this heartache at the world not being a moral place that causes us these problems