Tips for a Shy Girl Hoping to Meet People? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Tips for a Shy Girl Hoping to Meet People?

Ah, ok. That's a common stage for guys. I went through that sort of thing when I was 23. By the time I was 27, I had come out the other side. But don't bother waiting around. Its a one way process, and its just as bad on the other side.

That is something that changed for me. The older I got, the more people I liked. There are still a few people who rub me the wrong way, but they are not even a large minority. I'm more of an old dog. Just don't step on me and I don't bite. And I don't bite kids. Still, meeting that special someone did take time and we did happen to have a lot of similar values. We were also making the same maturity mistakes at the same time, so it was easier to take.

I agree that you should be tough, and not everyone deserves you, but its ok to show that you are hurt. Obviously you won't use it as a weapon. It seems like from your writing that you wouldn't do that. But you don't have to pretend.

Ah. I feel a little heart broken right now. In some ways, I feel like i've lost faith in romantic relationships...I wish I could show him that I'm distraught, but I know (b/c he's so socially inexperienced, confused, sensitive,and overly defensive) that he's going to overreact. I'd rather not deal with that. I just want some peace. ...life is funny because one moment you think it's giving you a gift, the next moment, it's taken that gift away from you...

I see. Well, take care of yourself. I'm sure something better will come your way in time.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0zfB1l1x0"]YouTube- Bridget Jones's All by myself[/ame]

pof.com will probably get you more attention and mail than you're comfortable with. Being INFJ, there's probably a very small pool of people that you'll really like enough to make a life with them. That is, if you're being realistic about who people are, and judging hard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D0zfB1l1x0

Being INFJ, there's probably a very small pool of people that you'll really like enough to make a life with them. That is, if you're being realistic about who people are, and judging hard.

So true, Pierce. That's the realization I've come to. Sometimes I think it's a simple matter of math; if I increase the number of people I meet, then I increase my chances of meeting someone I'll like. But meeting people can be exhausting. I suppose it's a matter of finding the proper balance.

So true, Pierce. That's the realization I've come to. Sometimes I think it's a simple matter of math; if I increase the number of people I meet, then I increase my chances of meeting someone I'll like. But meeting people can be exhausting. I suppose it's a matter of finding the proper balance.

Indeed...this is a great thought. Something I should be doing myself :/ haha.

Are you a closet INTJ? Whenever I talk stats to INFJ I get responses like "I don't like stats, they seem cold" or some other friend goes mystical on me "I don't think of it that way. I think that the people who are meant to be in my life will show up when they are meant to."