Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 25 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

Okay, I've been needing a fun pick-me-up... :D

My younger sister came over today. I didn't ask her to, but she had time ... and she wanted her head shaved so I told her come on over.

While we were sitting on the deck having coffee around 9 am this morning we had 1, then 2, then 3 little visitors come out and play. I took a video, but of course can't understand how to up load them here.

Still pictures it is :D They were so fekkin cute to watch. ❤ I called the wildlife lady because they can't stay under the shed. If momma comes back for them it's good, if no, the wildlife rescue lady can set up box traps and away they go.

20220608_112131.jpg

20220608_114152.jpg

20220608_120221.jpg

Attachments

• 20220608_120223.jpg
    20220608_120223.jpg
    717.8 KB · Views: 4
Absolutely beautiful. I love foxes. It's the coyotes I could do without.

Those little ones look like they're about ready to head off hunting with mom. They den near humans for protection and look old enough so even if you don't see mom she may be about, just more alert and weary of people. If you put a radio near them they'll get the hint and move on.

Last edited:
Okay, I've been needing a fun pick-me-up... :D

My younger sister came over today. I didn't ask her to, but she had time ... and she wanted her head shaved so I told her come on over.

While we were sitting on the deck having coffee around 9 am this morning we had 1, then 2, then 3 little visitors come out and play. I took a video, but of course can't understand how to up load them here.

Still pictures it is :D They were so fekkin cute to watch. ❤ I called the wildlife lady because they can't stay under the shed. If momma comes back for them it's good, if no, the wildlife rescue lady can set up box traps and away they go.

View attachment 88495

View attachment 88496

View attachment 88498

Glad to see you doing well, Sandie :smile:

Absolutely beautiful. I love foxes. It's the coyotes I could do without.

Those little ones look like they're about ready to head off hunting with mom. They den near humans for protection. They look old enough so even if you don't see mom she may be about, just more alert and weary of people. If you put a radio near them they'll get the hint and move on.
Thank you for the tip :)

I've put a camera on them and called animal rescue. The camera is so that I can see if momma is about.

I love foxes too. It was so much fun sitting and watching them jump around and play. They really do chase butterflies too. The one ran down over the bank to the creek chasing a yellow butterfly.

It was nice to have some distraction from every day life. ;)

20220610_220431.jpg
Dad keeps handing me this picture of me when I was three. I put it back in the sleeve of his wallet only to have him take it out the very next time he has his wallet. I have it locked up when not in use. Since his social security card came up missing in September, I've taken all but his pictures out and carry it in my purse while he has photo copies of all.

I'm not certain what the significance is of this particular picture is and why he continues with this ritual, so-to-speak.

What a cutie you are there. You remind me of my own daughter, both in face shape and the look in your eyes, LOL :hearteyes:
oh my, lol.

Is she an INFJ too? One thing I've noticed in photos of me over the years is that 'what the hell are you even talking about." look ;) lol

I made a comment in another thread that Mercury Retrograde has been causing internal and external communications malfunctions for years.

Since I was born with Mercury in Retrograde, well actually it was in Station Direct and stalled to get moving in the forward direction, I do not feel the same drudgery that is associated with a retrograde planet like Mercury.
:m075:
I was born with five planets retrograde and several moons and asteroids too.

The only real correlation I've found in the 40+ years of studying astrology is I was a late-bloomer in many areas, while wise beyond years in others. ♡

oh my, lol.
Is she an INFJ too?

She's a hard one to peg
She claims she's taken the tests and is an ENFJ, She's an activist for sure and not afraid to speak her mind if someone has their facts wrong or is just being insensitive to others. Very social compared to me and will look inward to take care of herself, something I think many INFJs have to learn to do.

One thing I've noticed in photos of me over the years is that 'what the hell are you even talking about." look ;) lol
It's funny when we look back at our photos and wonder what was going through our heads at the time. Most of mine were "Just take the picture, my brother is pinching the heck out of me and I need to whack him."

Last edited:

Damn straight.
Yaisse.gif

Cheers,
Ian

grrr...Stranded again today.

Our highway men and women are hard at work resurfacing the road out front.

Yesterday the hopper that relays the chewed up blacktop broke down around 1 pm and we listened to the repair crew clunking and cursing while trying to fix it. The sound of the impact wrench was still tickling my ears at bedtime though they pulled up stakes around supper time. :tearsofjoy:

I can tolerate a lot of things, however the constant hum of big machinery isn't one.

Today will be about the same. From the sounds at 6 am they'll be in front of the neighbors by noon, :p :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

giphy.gif

lol

How have you been doing lately? Getting back into the normal grind of things with your Dad? Remembering to take care of yourself?

I totally feel your pain on the sound of machines... feels like it's been forever here since we had a whole 3 days off from it. Sundays are usually a reprieve. I think we're going on a solid 6 years of it here. At one point we didn't even get a break at night as the highway crews were working on a 3 year project to replace a bridge that crossed over the highway. Out of sight, but still too close.

I've taken to pulling up sounds of birds chirping in fields to offset the constant noise. It's ironic that in order to enjoy life as it is meant to be, to cancel out the man-made "noise" we can turn to other man-made things to mask. I feel like peace is an illusion.

New How have you been doing lately?
I'm doing fair. Thank you for asking.
I went to the cardiologist on Monday for the annual check up and have to go in the morning to have a Holter put on and go back on Friday to get it removed. The doc wants me to do my normal 'work' day, i.e. mowing, running the weed whacker, chasing Dad, lol, you know the usual. He's scheduled an annual Echo too abd then a head-to-toe PET scan in August. The heart muscle is good, however the hospitalist saw a leaking valve back in September and suggested the cardiologist address that. With my having PVC's and PAV's keeping the actual heart muscle in good shape is key to staying healthy.

I was grateful to him to have read the entire report to me from the Hospitalist, now her comment at the time of "you have a lot going on, which do you want addressed first", makes perfect sense now.

Getting back into the normal grind of things with your Dad?
Oh my yes, a grind it can be, lol. With the Strawberry moon last Saturday we had a challenging time of it. I didn't get to bed until 3am and toasted the Moon with a slug of Fireball...slept uninterrupted for 4 hours, lol. Poor Dad though. He spends more abd more time in the wanting to go home symptoms.

He has been shouting out during the night for his parents. I bought some small milk bottles to offer him with a cookie or two when he has these episodes. Catering to his inner boy seems to work best with these nightmares. I give him the snack, bathroom break, let him talk his dream out a bit and then tuck him back in.

Purchasing the bed alarm was a genius idea. My own sleep has improved significantly...we have one for his recliner too now, primarily so I can grab an hour or two nap in the afternoon while his feet are up, lol.

I've beenvery creativesince September's incident. I can't say enough how importantself care is for a caregiver. I've created opportunities to sew, write, garden again. It has improved my mood and wellness considerably to create time for me things...it is very easy to get lost, or perhaps consumed is a better label, while caregiving.

Remembering to take care of yourself?
^;)

It's ironic that in order to enjoy life as it is meant to be, to cancel out the man-made "noise" we can turn to other man-made things to mask. I feel like peace is an illusion.
I deeply relate to that statement. I've not had much meditative time these past 3 years. I squeeze it in where I can but much of the time I fall asleep rather than contemplate.

I think we're going on a solid 6 years of it here.
Ooph. I don't think I'd like that much construction around for that length of time. When we get the creek and drainage done in August I'll be at least a week with the excavator and dozer here tearing up the yard. My job will be keeping Dad out of the frucus;)

I am sad, mad, and it hurts.

My good friend went to the hospital because her heart was acting up and they found she needed bypass. They sent her home to gain some strength and she had to go back to the hospital...after multiple tests, she has Stage 4 lung cancer, it's matesticized into her liver, bones, kidneys, blood and brain...the family has put her in hospice as she only has days before passing.

I am heart broken over this news.

She has been an important sounding board with this caregiving with Dad ... she had taken care of her own mother & dad. She is 76. Three kids and 6 grands with one great-grand on the way. </3