Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

Do you think your preference for intuitive thinking affects how well you are able to communicate and connect with others?
Yes. I think it helps me adress every person in a congenial way, finding the words that they will more easily understand when explaining something they don't usually consider, avoiding what may cause unnecessary conflicts and so on. It also helps understanding what the others are saying even if it is not said in a way that is congenial to me. The downside (which you already mention and which is, I think, a downside only because it makes you realise, very soon, how very little interaction is really meaningful which leaves a sense of bitterness, but eventually makes life lighter and leaves more space for meaning, I think) is that of dismissing most conversations because "hm, pointless, boring", and then staying all alone in a corner(not too bad, I usually carry a book or a notebook). Or, also, getting strange looks when I express myself freely without bothering being congenial= same outcome as before.
Considering the intuitive/sensor aspect, I would say, in a super condensed summary, this would be an interaction where one side sees the other as "talking about things that don't exist vs talking about things that don't matter/have any meaning" (future, possibilities, "invisible" "truths" vs present, details, "real" "things"). And both sides would be wrong to see it this way, if said sides were both mature. Because I suppose they would both be saying something consistent, and not just strange absurd things/small talk, banalities. But in this case I'm sure they would both recognise it.
Intuitive-intuitive interactions are more immediate. Little to no need to paraphrase, similar concerns and interests.
Are your closest friends intuitives or sensors?How do you view sensors and friendships with them?
My closest friends are intj, ????, isfj and infj. (Sensors in bold)
I suspect ???? might be a sensor. ???? is the person I find easier to open up and talk with, because good listener, thoughtful but also frank and open, does not provide unrequested advice; immediately detects and cuts it short when I start spinning my Ni-Ti crazy wheel= helps me stay grounded. Doesn't fully understand my life choices(and is not supposed to, after all), but pacifically accepts them.(might as well be undercover infj). Is an achiever, gets things done(the things ???? wants to do), but graciously, no big fuss about it. This is inspiring. Asks for advice, likes to discuss subtle/finer aspects of life, but doesn't explore the whole depths. Stops kind of where I feel thing are really beginning to be deep(funny lapsus, I wrote begging instead of beginning lololol).
Intj is probably my favourite person on earth. But...intj. On some quest I'm trying to use my superior Ni to show it is derailing. It gets noted but rejected because "personal non discussable values/choices, Intj will rather go down with the ship". So, surprisingly, there is kind of a serious issue of "close-mindedness": hard to make plans with a sinking ship that could save itself without giving up values if it just adjusted its course a little. But maybe sinking is itself a value. Other than this, it's the only person allowed to give me advice because it's always really good advice, that comes from a place of real care. Most understanding person I met. Allows me to follow my train of thoughts almost to the end. Then points what doesn't work. Super thoughtful. Great gifts. Cooks. Fixes stuff. Great to travel with. Almost psychic connection. It's magic. And, when intj gets mad, scary.
D: I just realised you were only asking about the sensors...but I'll finish the list, it might give some cues on why and how intuitives are becoming less common if this is really happening (=autodestructive tendencies, isolation, abstention from reproduction because "ewh". And I mean this seriously, most intuitives I know say they choose to not have children because they don't want to inflict life on someone).
So...Infj. Infj is crazy. Instant understanding. Don't even need to speak with this person to connect. When we do speak, other people might not get a single thing we say or do (also happens with intj, buth with intj we get what we mean, while with infj it is completely off the rails, we get our nonsense). But as I said, infj is crazy. Extremely dependable, difficult to manage. Great person but still immature=impossible to plan something consistent. Same chances of someday taking control of own life and do something great or being submerged by own madness. May the odds be with Infj. Also, aggressively cares about me when sees me, then disappears for months(I am more detached, and I tend to disappear too, but I'm also the one who reaches out after a while). Can be counted on for open onest insightful feedback, especially on Infjs fields of interest, wouldn't ask for advice with people because weak on that area(strangely, but there are reasons for this).
Isfj is a very nice person. It took me some time to adjust to how Isfj goes about things, and sometimes it still feels a bit odd to interact, but it works well!
We have a different approach to life, I feel it strongly when we meet, but it affects small trivial aspects of our friendship more than the quality of our conversations/personal exchanges, I think. There are similarities with my interactions with ????(thoughtful but more matter of fact, keeps me with feet on the ground) This is the person I get to talk more about...uhm...universal aspects of human condition. Because I think we share the same open genuine curiosity, the wonder, deep within, the desire to see how this thing(life) is, and to describe it through our very own eyes(we both write and exchange poetry). And the difference in our visions, in our perception, is evident, and probably sensing/intuition is exactly what makes the difference, but, because we're both using these to grasp what is universal within personal and therefore unique experiences(?...yeah) somehow I feel we're very well aligned. This person is also an achiever, also inspiring, but is not as laid back as ???? and followed a field of study that, however very reasonable/practical, doesn't really make sense to me, both generally and considering the person.
(Sorry for the lack of pronouns, I hope what I wrote is still clear enough D:)
I feel connected to and love all of these people, even though I see most of them rarely. I questioned and tested my connection and friendship to all of them, but only to find it was after all genuine, real and reliable.

what do you think explains INFJ loneliness?
I wonder if this might somehow be linked to Fi. I'll try to explain how I see it.
Fi is INFJs' shadow function sometimes called "The Critical Parent". From www.psychologyjunkie.com :
"Introverted Feeling manifests itself in the INFJ as an internal criticizing voice. "Why can't you make up your mind? Don't you stand for anything? You are such a fake. You have failed to uphold your own standards". It can also express itself in judgements the INFJ makes upon others; "that person is being fake, that person is a phony, that person has no real values or morals, they are a failure and an embarassement". Normally the Critical Parent function will only show itself in times of extreme stress where something important is at risk. When it is engaged, it can overpower us and cause major damage to ourselves and our relationships."
To give you an idea of what I mean I'm adding some possible question to the list provided above:
Are you even sure you like these people(your friends)?
Can you really trust/be friends with/relato to someone who did x and y?
They just had no reaction to your favourite movie. They didn't get it. How could you think there was a connection between you? It's clearly impossible.
They put ketchup all over the fries...how can you not be sure now that you are alone in the universe surrounded by monsters?
Thus follow my considerations:
INFJs are known to have a hard time tuning in their own feelings(and I think this is where one would look for the "feeling" of connection). When they try to, they engage a shadow function that works as a critic, whose main mode is "questioning". This is a bit unsettling. If one is not confident about what this "Critical Parent" is questioning, then it might get lost in its game and dismiss what is under scrutiny. There is another possible outcome, a positive one, where this shadow function finds the INFJ "en garde" and by "duelling" with it, the INFJ "defends the honour" of what he recognises as valuable/meaningful/important etc. When the INFJ is in distress though, and that's when the "Critical Parent" is more likely to hit, the INFJ will hardly have the energy and will to defend anything.
With this situation set, it's hard to feel connected to anyone, because, even when you find someone with whom everything seems to "click", there will still be this huge question mark in the background. Just to be a little more lengthy, here is how I picture the(unconscious) process:
INFJ: I think I succesfully made conctact with this person. So, for once, I will let myself be overjoyed by a feeling of unity and oneness with my fellow human bei.......
Fi: Uh, hello?
INFJ: Yes Fi?
Fi: So you and this guy have some similar thoughts.
INFJ: ...yes!(?)
Fi: Does it even mean anything?
INFJ: ...that...some people do understand me?
Fi: Pff, please. Someone just understood a couple of your thoughts, not you.
INFJ: I know and that's not what I meant, you know what I mean
Fi: Are you sure YOU know what you mean?
INFJ: oh, c'mon have mercy on me, it was a nice conversation can't you jus..
Fi: You're pathetic.

c0d484682dfaaa736393488c5ba21c99.jpg

If my understanding of this is correct, then I think it is the main reason for INFJs' loneliness.
Of course being loners by nature doesn't help. It means less chances to "validate" the connection. Less chances to meet people.
People being generally superficial small-talkers filled with nothing but air is also a big one. But these are, I think, more superficial reasons. I think it is possible to overcome these problems and feel connected to virtually anyone and anything, I believe many of these sort of wonders happen when mastering a positive relationship with the "shadow self" (it might seem like I'm saying it lightly, but I am aware it is not easy).

The other main reason for loneliness is that we are really, all of us, as individuals, alone. If one experiences the depths of existence(some types/people do more than others), he/she will eventually experience this fundamental alone-ness. I think this is true for everyone. And it's not easy to experience it without discomfort. That is called loneliness. The opposite, being alone but not lonely, might just be freedom.

Attachments

• c0d484682dfaaa736393488c5ba21c99.jpg
    c0d484682dfaaa736393488c5ba21c99.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 0
Yes. I think it helps me adress every person in a congenial way, finding the words that they will more easily understand when explaining something they don't usually consider, avoiding what may cause unnecessary conflicts and so on. It also helps understanding what the others are saying even if it is not said in a way that is congenial to me. The downside (which you already mention and which is, I think, a downside only because it makes you realise, very soon, how very little interaction is really meaningful which leaves a sense of bitterness, but eventually makes life lighter and leaves more space for meaning, I think) is that of dismissing most conversations because "hm, pointless, boring", and then staying all alone in a corner(not too bad, I usually carry a book or a notebook). Or, also, getting strange looks when I express myself freely without bothering being congenial= same outcome as before.
Considering the intuitive/sensor aspect, I would say, in a super condensed summary, this would be an interaction where one side sees the other as "talking about things that don't exist vs talking about things that don't matter/have any meaning" (future, possibilities, "invisible" "truths" vs present, details, "real" "things"). And both sides would be wrong to see it this way, if said sides were both mature. Because I suppose they would both be saying something consistent, and not just strange absurd things/small talk, banalities. But in this case I'm sure they would both recognise it.
Intuitive-intuitive interactions are more immediate. Little to no need to paraphrase, similar concerns and interests.

My closest friends are intj, ????, isfj and infj. (Sensors in bold)
I suspect ???? might be a sensor. ???? is the person I find easier to open up and talk with, because good listener, thoughtful but also frank and open, does not provide unrequested advice; immediately detects and cuts it short when I start spinning my Ni-Ti crazy wheel= helps me stay grounded. Doesn't fully understand my life choices(and is not supposed to, after all), but pacifically accepts them.(might as well be undercover infj). Is an achiever, gets things done(the things ???? wants to do), but graciously, no big fuss about it. This is inspiring. Asks for advice, likes to discuss subtle/finer aspects of life, but doesn't explore the whole depths. Stops kind of where I feel thing are really beginning to be deep(funny lapsus, I wrote begging instead of beginning lololol).
Intj is probably my favourite person on earth. But...intj. On some quest I'm trying to use my superior Ni to show it is derailing. It gets noted but rejected because "personal non discussable values/choices, Intj will rather go down with the ship". So, surprisingly, there is kind of a serious issue of "close-mindedness": hard to make plans with a sinking ship that could save itself without giving up values if it just adjusted its course a little. But maybe sinking is itself a value. Other than this, it's the only person allowed to give me advice because it's always really good advice, that comes from a place of real care. Most understanding person I met. Allows me to follow my train of thoughts almost to the end. Then points what doesn't work. Super thoughtful. Great gifts. Cooks. Fixes stuff. Great to travel with. Almost psychic connection. It's magic. And, when intj gets mad, scary.
D: I just realised you were only asking about the sensors...but I'll finish the list, it might give some cues on why and how intuitives are becoming less common if this is really happening (=autodestructive tendencies, isolation, abstention from reproduction because "ewh". And I mean this seriously, most intuitives I know say they choose to not have children because they don't want to inflict life on someone).
So...Infj. Infj is crazy. Instant understanding. Don't even need to speak with this person to connect. When we do speak, other people might not get a single thing we say or do (also happens with intj, buth with intj we get what we mean, while with infj it is completely off the rails, we get our nonsense). But as I said, infj is crazy. Extremely dependable, difficult to manage. Great person but still immature=impossible to plan something consistent. Same chances of someday taking control of own life and do something great or being submerged by own madness. May the odds be with Infj. Also, aggressively cares about me when sees me, then disappears for months(I am more detached, and I tend to disappear too, but I'm also the one who reaches out after a while). Can be counted on for open onest insightful feedback, especially on Infjs fields of interest, wouldn't ask for advice with people because weak on that area(strangely, but there are reasons for this).
Isfj is a very nice person. It took me some time to adjust to how Isfj goes about things, and sometimes it still feels a bit odd to interact, but it works well!
We have a different approach to life, I feel it strongly when we meet, but it affects small trivial aspects of our friendship more than the quality of our conversations/personal exchanges, I think. There are similarities with my interactions with ????(thoughtful but more matter of fact, keeps me with feet on the ground) This is the person I get to talk more about...uhm...universal aspects of human condition. Because I think we share the same open genuine curiosity, the wonder, deep within, the desire to see how this thing(life) is, and to describe it through our very own eyes(we both write and exchange poetry). And the difference in our visions, in our perception, is evident, and probably sensing/intuition is exactly what makes the difference, but, because we're both using these to grasp what is universal within personal and therefore unique experiences(?...yeah) somehow I feel we're very well aligned. This person is also an achiever, also inspiring, but is not as laid back as ???? and followed a field of study that, however very reasonable/practical, doesn't really make sense to me, both generally and considering the person.
(Sorry for the lack of pronouns, I hope what I wrote is still clear enough D:)
I feel connected to and love all of these people, even though I see most of them rarely. I questioned and tested my connection and friendship to all of them, but only to find it was after all genuine, real and reliable.

I wonder if this might somehow be linked to Fi. I'll try to explain how I see it.
Fi is INFJs' shadow function sometimes called "The Critical Parent". From www.psychologyjunkie.com :
"Introverted Feeling manifests itself in the INFJ as an internal criticizing voice. "Why can't you make up your mind? Don't you stand for anything? You are such a fake. You have failed to uphold your own standards". It can also express itself in judgements the INFJ makes upon others; "that person is being fake, that person is a phony, that person has no real values or morals, they are a failure and an embarassement". Normally the Critical Parent function will only show itself in times of extreme stress where something important is at risk. When it is engaged, it can overpower us and cause major damage to ourselves and our relationships."
To give you an idea of what I mean I'm adding some possible question to the list provided above:
Are you even sure you like these people(your friends)?
Can you really trust/be friends with/relato to someone who did x and y?
They just had no reaction to your favourite movie. They didn't get it. How could you think there was a connection between you? It's clearly impossible.
They put ketchup all over the fries...how can you not be sure now that you are alone in the universe surrounded by monsters?
Thus follow my considerations:
INFJs are known to have a hard time tuning in their own feelings(and I think this is where one would look for the "feeling" of connection). When they try to, they engage a shadow function that works as a critic, whose main mode is "questioning". This is a bit unsettling. If one is not confident about what this "Critical Parent" is questioning, then it might get lost in its game and dismiss what is under scrutiny. There is another possible outcome, a positive one, where this shadow function finds the INFJ "en garde" and by "duelling" with it, the INFJ "defends the honour" of what he recognises as valuable/meaningful/important etc. When the INFJ is in distress though, and that's when the "Critical Parent" is more likely to hit, the INFJ will hardly have the energy and will to defend anything.
With this situation set, it's hard to feel connected to anyone, because, even when you find someone with whom everything seems to "click", there will still be this huge question mark in the background. Just to be a little more lengthy, here is how I picture the(unconscious) process:
INFJ: I think I succesfully made conctact with this person. So, for once, I will let myself be overjoyed by a feeling of unity and oneness with my fellow human bei.......
Fi: Uh, hello?
INFJ: Yes Fi?
Fi: So you and this guy have some similar thoughts.
INFJ: ...yes!(?)
Fi: Does it even mean anything?
INFJ: ...that...some people do understand me?
Fi: Pff, please. Someone just understood a couple of your thoughts, not you.
INFJ: I know and that's not what I meant, you know what I mean
Fi: Are you sure YOU know what you mean?
INFJ: oh, c'mon have mercy on me, it was a nice conversation can't you jus..
Fi: You're pathetic.

If my understanding of this is correct, then I think it is the main reason for INFJs' loneliness.
Of course being loners by nature doesn't help. It means less chances to "validate" the connection. Less chances to meet people.
People being generally superficial small-talkers filled with nothing but air is also a big one. But these are, I think, more superficial reasons. I think it is possible to overcome these problems and feel connected to virtually anyone and anything, I believe many of these sort of wonders happen when mastering a positive relationship with the "shadow self" (it might seem like I'm saying it lightly, but I am aware it is not easy).

The other main reason for loneliness is that we are really, all of us, as individuals, alone. If one experiences the depths of existence(some types/people do more than others), he/she will eventually experience this fundamental alone-ness. I think this is true for everyone. And it's not easy to experience it without discomfort. That is called loneliness. The opposite, being alone but not lonely, might just be freedom.
Thank you for your deeply thought out reply :)
I have a question though. How do you get along so well with NT' s? I get the thought they are speaking down to me and being disrespectful in effect that I just may be as if not more than intelligent, lol.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Asa
Not sure @Isabella ,
Here is another link I had read. I wonder often if we polled every human for their MBTI if the stats would change?

https://aroomofrequirement.wordpress.com/2014/09/29/why-more-sensing-types-than-intuitive-types/

Hi Sandie, I didn't get a chance to reply yesterday or day before (had to dash out of the house due to an emergency). Thanks again for the main article and link above - actually did a quick search and found the same link. Really surprised that there isn't anything more substantial - which is in itself very intriguing. My Ni has gone into super exploration mode and I'm actually getting that rush of excitement of not knowing but knowing (if that makes any sense)....and off on a journey I go. Thanks again for posting. xx

Reactions: Skarekrow
No prob, thank you for the interesting questions u.u
How do you get along so well with NT' s?
There are many reasons, here some:
1. I grew up with an ESTJ father and an ESTJ older sister. I am trained in standing against Te. I learned that the harshness is not ment to personally attack people, it's just how it is.
2. I have little to no interest in winning arguments. I'm just happy to dismiss what turns out false and validate what shines true. NTs have usually a lot of information and knowledge I lack and a different approach to problems =great chance to learn and grow. If I see they are making some mistake somewhere, I don't insist too much on it unless they are open and willing to discuss it. I expect the same in return.
3. I carefully choose people. I met I think two INTJs with very average intelligence. These things exist. INTJs with no big brains are something dramatic. I just don't bother dealing with them. They are sad and not much can be done for them because they still think they are incredibly intelligent=always right, or they are afraid to face the truth of their lack of knowledge to the point of refraining from learning which is nonsensical and especially applied to INTJ, monstruous.
4. I can get high on "always being right" too so...I try to forgive myself and them for being too proud, after all, it is generally true that we are very insightful and it has its downsides.

No prob, thank you for the interesting questions u.u

There are many reasons, here some:
1. I grew up with an ESTJ father and an ESTJ older sister. I am trained in standing against Te. I learned that the harshness is not ment to personally attack people, it's just how it is.
2. I have little to no interest in winning arguments. I'm just happy to dismiss what turns out false and validate what shines true. NTs have usually a lot of information and knowledge I lack and a different approach to problems =great chance to learn and grow. If I see they are making some mistake somewhere, I don't insist too much on it unless they are open and willing to discuss it. I expect the same in return.
3. I carefully choose people. I met I think two INTJs with very average intelligence. These things exist. INTJs with no big brains are something dramatic. I just don't bother dealing with them. They are sad and not much can be done for them because they still think they are incredibly intelligent=always right, or they are afraid to face the truth of their lack of knowledge to the point of refraining from learning which is nonsensical and especially applied to INTJ, monstruous.
4. I can get high on "always being right" too so...I try to forgive myself and them for being too proud, after all, it is generally true that we are very insightful and it has its downsides.
Thank you for going into that extra detail, it's very much appreciated. :)
For me, I have a few acquaintances I suspect are ISTJ, one I do know as she is into MBTI and proudly told me she was. I get along with them easier than I do an INTJ (not sure when I encounter an INTP, My Dad is ISTP). I have come to realize that it is the harshness, need to be right and exactingness, no gray areas, that discombobulates me when I'm around suspect NT's. By joining here in the forum I've learned to think first before reacting to a suspected NT post. I stick to fact laced replies much of the time. But, when the NT doesn't show the same regard and fires off with that exactingness and "I'm right you are wrong" crap, I get fired up and lash back. I'm trying to learn not to do that. I've even tried dismissing the conversation all together. IRL it's even more difficult...almost like the INTJ sniffs me out like a bloodhound on a trail, lol. These conversations almost always end in conflict and I generally am the one that leaves the conversation as I detest conflict of any kind. Alas, I just keep trying to figure out what the igniter is. I don't like a loss of self-control these encounters bring.

Thank you for going into that extra detail, it's very much appreciated. :)
For me, I have a few acquaintances I suspect are ISTJ, one I do know as she is into MBTI and proudly told me she was. I get along with them easier than I do an INTJ (not sure when I encounter an INTP, My Dad is ISTP). I have come to realize that it is the harshness, need to be right and exactingness, no gray areas, that discombobulates me when I'm around suspect NT's. By joining here in the forum I've learned to think first before reacting to a suspected NT post. I stick to fact laced replies much of the time. But, when the NT doesn't show the same regard and fires off with that exactingness and "I'm right you are wrong" crap, I get fired up and lash back. I'm trying to learn not to do that. I've even tried dismissing the conversation all together. IRL it's even more difficult...almost like the INTJ sniffs me out like a bloodhound on a trail, lol. These conversations almost always end in conflict and I generally am the one that leaves the conversation as I detest conflict of any kind. Alas, I just keep trying to figure out what the igniter is. I don't like a loss of self-control these encounters bring.

I see...well, to say something useful about this I think I would need to see this happening to evaluate what is really going on...from what I read it could be either these INTJs are really just arrogant, or they are just very confident in what they say because they have thoroughly researched, studied and thought about it and are in fact right(and they're not polite about it because that's not in Te's nature). Or, since they tend to study very widely and deeply, they might not constantly keep in mind that they have not explored the whole vastness of knowledge, and thus miss something. Especially things they don't know are important. Sometimes they just decide they have mastered something because they went so far they got bored, and decide to dismiss "details"(or whole aspects of the matter they might ignore exist) as unimportant, when "small" details can sometimes make a great difference. Hence, they really don't see where they might be wrong or partial. And they probably meet few people that can really outsmart them(and I mean outsmart them on their terms), so that after a while they might just automatically assume this is not possible even if it happens. Exactingness comes out of setting high standards. It's both a way of showing respect and of selecting people to talk with. They expect people to keep up to said standards, or to auto-eliminate. If they insist on someone with this, it's probably because they think their standards apply to this person. I don't see other reasons to this other than logorrhea and/or sadism.
I am sorry you experience all that discombobulation (I didn't know the word, I love it). I think in the end it's just a matter of getting used to how these people operate: we tend to interpret some attitudes with the intention we attribute to them. More often than not, we see a certain intention where there really is nothing.
And I am really really sorry, but this
"almost like the INTJ sniffs me out like a bloodhound on a trail"
sounds very nasty. Are you sure there isn't something funny going on with these NTs? Do you usually go around dressed in a red hooded cape? XD

discombobulation (I didn't know the word, I love it)
;) it is synonymous with bewildered, confused, puzzled.

And I am really really sorry, but this
"almost like the INTJ sniffs me out like a bloodhound on a trail"
sounds very nasty. Are you sure there isn't something funny going on with these NTs? Do you usually go around dressed in a red hooded cape?
This is just a metaphor. Similar to "being drawn in like a magnet to metal" or "moth to a flame".

Just figures of speech used here.

anyway, @Sandie33 ,I'm curious to know what you think about the idea that Fi has a big role in INFJs' feelings of loneliness that I brought up. Does it make sense to you? Let me know your thoughts about it when you have time.

Reactions: Skarekrow
anyway, @Sandie33 ,I'm curious to know what you think about the idea that Fi has a big role in INFJs' feelings of loneliness that I brought up. Does it make sense to you? Let me know your thoughts about it when you have time.
Ok. I'll think on it and come back.

I have a very strong Fe as well as Se and Te. Which I think puts me in a Fi/Ti loop sometimes. I had a typing done in a workshop when I still worked corporate; two sessions with the expert and she still couldn't cast why all my functions are extroverted (Ne/Ni Se, Te, Fe). She told me I'm very intuitive ;).

Thank you for your deeply thought out reply :)
I have a question though. How do you get along so well with NT' s? I get the thought they are speaking down to me and being disrespectful in effect that I just may be as if not more than intelligent, lol.

Truth!
(Except for @Tin Man and most all INTJs. ;) )

I’m speaking of the immature INTJs, or the ones who ride the line of, or are sociopaths.
I find it funny how someone can insult my intelligence because they disagree with my take on things...then infer I am the one who is unyielding in my demand that people see only my way or no way.
(I’m not speaking of just one person here either...fyi)
The constant berating is always skewed in the direction of - I am smarter than you, and you must confirm that you understand this is so...if not, I will vaguely, sometimes overtly question your own intelligence until you yield to my superior brain power.
The more you don’t do that...the more they dislike you.
Imho, there are many who are sociopaths who don’t know it, and instead of figuring themselves out, they get angry at the world for not understanding them, when it is they who cannot understand basic human nature or social cues.
So then they feel this urge to be the best...or they know the most about this or that...or it is this viewpoint that no one else can understand, that is the most correct, regardless of factual information.
I don’t know why the constant oneupmanship that seems to be present in many of them?
To be the smartest.
I mean...I ain’t no dummy. ;)
Someone could say.......assist with fucking open heart surgery, and someone has the gall to infer they're stupid or not see people on the level.
Sure...it doesn’t make me brilliant, but it’s not flipping burgers either.

The rest of the INTJs I have know, have been some of the most awesome people I have met!
Most are really intense and deep...they do have emotions and the ones who are mature are in touch with that in a powerful way.
Most are very intelligent...even the ones who have to let you know it for some fucking reason...but get over yourself and eat a dick, you aren’t the smartest person in the room all the time.
I can relate to INTJs, and enjoy the logic that some have molded into a fine art.
So...like any group of people...like INFJs...you have the majority who are fine and nice people...with a few rotten eggs.

Last edited:
Truth!
(Except for @Tin Man and most all INTJs. ;) )

I’m speaking of the immature INTJs, or the ones who ride the line of, or are sociopaths.
I find it funny how someone can insult my intelligence because they disagree with my take on things...then infer I am the one who is unyielding in my demand that people see only my way or no way.
(I’m not speaking of just one person here either...fyi)
The constant berating is always skewed in the direction of - I am smarter than you, and you must confirm that you understand this is so...if not, I will vaguely, sometimes overtly question your own intelligence until you yield to my superior brain power.
The more you don’t do that...the more they dislike you.
Imho, there are many who are sociopaths who don’t know it, and instead of figuring themselves out, they get angry at the world for not understanding them, when it is they who cannot understand basic human nature or social cues.
So then they feel this urge to be the best...or they know the most about this or that...or it is this viewpoint that no one else can understand, that is the most correct, regardless of factual information.
I don’t know why the constant oneupmanship that seems to be present in many of them?
To be the smartest.
I mean...I ain’t no dummy. ;)
Someone could say.......assist with fucking open heart surgery, and someone has the gall to infer they're stupid or not see people on the level.
Sure...it doesn’t make me brilliant, but it’s not flipping burgers either.

The rest of the INTJs I have know, have been some of the most awesome people I have met!
Most are really intense and deep...they do have emotions and the ones who are mature are in touch with that in a powerful way.
Most are very intelligent...even the ones who have to let you know it for some fucking reason...but get over yourself and eat a dick, you aren’t the smartest person in the room all the time.
I can relate to INTJs, and enjoy the logic that some have molded into a fine art.
So...like any group of people...like INFJs...you have the majority who are fine and nice people...with a few rotten eggs.
Post perfect! I thank you for your candor. ❤
We won't let a few bad apples spoil the whole cart ;)

Post perfect! I thank you for your candor. ❤
We won't let a few bad apples spoil the whole cart ;)
Nah...we just throw those to the pigs.

Reactions: Sandie33
Ok. I'll think on it and come back.

I have a very strong Fe as well as Se and Te. Which I think puts me in a Fi/Ti loop sometimes. I had a typing done in a workshop when I still worked corporate; two sessions with the expert and she still couldn't cast why all my functions are extroverted (Ne/Ni Se, Te, Fe). She told me I'm very intuitive ;).
Thank you, I appreciate very much :) . I'm really not an mbti expert, so feedback on my ramblings would be useful. Also, I think my Fe is weak, I could use Fe counseling XD, joking. Well, not really joking, but I wouldn't give you this burden ._.

Reactions: Sandie33
Nah...we just throw those to the pigs.
giphy.gif
bahaha:p

Thank you, I appreciate very much :) . I'm really not an mbti expert, so feedback on my ramblings would be useful. Also, I think my Fe is weak, I could use Fe counseling XD, joking. Well, not really joking, but I wouldn't give you this burden ._.
No burden at all ;) I would be happy to help if I can.