Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 8 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

The results are below, from two different sites. (the other being http://keys2cognition.com/explore.htm)

res2.png

res4.png

My mother is INFP. GFs were (1x INFP, 3x INTJ). All have Fi lol.

Why is it devilish? Maybe I understand, but I'm not sure, I mean the more I read about it, the more I think that's my problem (too strong Fi) lol.

Reactions: Happy Phantom
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I think I scored higher Si than expected because at times I use my past experiences to avoid repeating similar future ones.

AN13qqn.jpg

Last edited:

Why is it devilish? Maybe I understand, but I'm not sure, I mean the more I read about it, the more I think that's my problem (too strong Fi) lol.
Well, it goes a bit like this: there's your main four function stack, your personality, and then the other four functions are like background shadow functions that make up what is called the "shadow self". This would be you when you are bad. Well, it's not necessarily something awful. For example the first shadow function is usually the one that takes the lead when one becomes defensive. It's the opposing function. here http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/INTP.cfm
I don't have much information about this, just googled around, but I find it interesting and considering what I found about infjs'shadow function it did explain many things. I just can't find much now on intp, I might look later. So, I said devilish just because Fi is in the 8th position of the whole intp function stack, and is called like that. If I remember correctly, it should indicate how you well, how you behave at your worst. But, if you have a strong Fi, maybe it means that you developed it (in a positive way). But I'm just guessing. Does this make sense?
3 intj gfs....mmm...let's keep in conctact XD lol I'm acting so pathetic I need to stop this.
Sorry, it's near bed time and I think aloud. And apparently write what I think. I'll go hit my head on a wall and see if it gets fixed

Reactions: infinite dreams

Devilish (aka the Demon) is the fourth of the shadow functions. For INTPs, this would be Fi.

With your Fi being so strong, perhaps you're more accurately an INFP? :grinning: It really comes down to how your internal processes are focused and organized. If you're constantly refining a set of objective logical precepts that you use to make decisions and solve problems, Ti. If you're constantly refining a set of core personal values that you're using to make decisions and solve problems, Fi.

ETA: Also interesting that you point out the influence other Fi users may have had on you during your life. I feel as though my Fe was similarly influenced (at times I believe it's a stronger function for me than Si, which I typically find to be unreliable).

Last edited:
Interesting. Thanks for sharing. I think I scored higher Si than expected because at times I use my past experiences to avoid repeating similar future ones.

You're welcome! :) You can also do the other one haha.

Well, it goes a bit like this: there's your main four function stack, your personality, and then the other four functions are like background shadow functions that make up what is called the "shadow self". This would be you when you are bad. Well, it's not necessarily something awful. For example the first shadow function is usually the one that takes the lead when one becomes defensive. It's the opposing function. here http://www.cognitiveprocesses.com/16Types/INTP.cfm
I don't have much information about this, just googled around, but I find it interesting and considering what I found about infjs'shadow function it did explain many things. I just can't find much now on intp, I might look later. So, I said devilish just because Fi is in the 8th position of the whole intp function stack, and is called like that. If I remember correctly, it should indicate how you well, how you behave at your worst. But, if you have a strong Fi, maybe it means that you developed it (in a positive way). But I'm just guessing. Does this make sense?
3 intj gfs....mmm...let's keep in conctact XD lol I'm acting so pathetic I need to stop this.
Sorry, it's near bed time and I think aloud. And apparently write what I think. I'll go hit my head on a wall and see if it gets fixed

Oh that. I've heard shadow, just not devil. lol. Keep in contact? You want them? lol :p

Devilish (aka the Demon) is the fourth of the shadow functions. For INTPs, this would be Fi.

With your Fi being so strong, perhaps you're more accurately an INFP? :grinning: It really comes down to how your internal processes are focused and organized. If you're constantly refining a set of objective logical precepts that you use to make decisions and solve problems, Ti. If you're constantly refining a set of core personal values that you're using to make decisions and solve problems, Fi.

ETA: Also interesting that you point out the influence other Fi users may have had on you during your life. I feel as though my Fe was similarly influenced (at times I believe it's a stronger function for me than Si, which I typically find to be unreliable).

I'm fairly sure I'm an INTP. That's just my suspicion, where I was infected with this haha

Hi @Vienna
I thought about your question all afternoon. I had physical therapy on my hand where I had surgery, so that left me time to reflect. The short answer is yes, I believe that Go is the leading cause of loneliness...as well as Anxiety.
Here is my albiet, lengthy reply...
Just to be a little more lengthy, here is how I picture the(unconscious) process:
INFJ: I think I succesfully made conctact with this person. So, for once, I will let myself be overjoyed by a feeling of unity and oneness with my fellow human bei.......
Fi: Uh, hello?
INFJ: Yes Fi?
Fi: So you and this guy have some similar thoughts.
INFJ: ...yes!(?)
Fi: Does it even mean anything?
INFJ: ...that...some people do understand me?
Fi: Pff, please. Someone just understood a couple of your thoughts, not you.
INFJ: I know and that's not what I meant, you know what I mean
Fi: Are you sure YOU know what you mean?
INFJ: oh, c'mon have mercy on me, it was a nice conversation can't you jus..
Fi: You're pathetic.

undefined
The spoiler had me chuckling. Your rendition puts all that feeling into perspective for sure. Sharing a moment and thoughts with another is definitely does not mean they consistently understand you ;) that takes time.

I don't experience this though. Perhaps when I was younger I questioned my interactions to this extent. I can see how internalizing feelings can cause an internal ruckus though. I question my feelings all the time. I had to learn the names of feelings and analyze what each meant to/for me; as well as understanding they are indeed different than emotions...and we shouldn't stuff them away until a better time to come back to them, because we never do, and they build up and cause neurosis. Expressing them posed some troubles for me in the past, and still can cause issues now if the person I'm conveying them to misunderstands my meaning. Or, if they witness me breaking down and crying at another person's sad story, even if this person is a stranger. I've done this since childhood though. However. I don't laugh with others each time. There are things I find hillarious, yet others...like when folks will find an obvious 'weakness' about another then use that person and that weakness to create a joke to get the others attention. That repulses me.

Back to Fi and loneliness. I've felt loneliness in a crowd of people before. I have always felt alone in my family because I am not materialistic and 'physical', instead I am feelings based...a big feelings antenna if you will:D It has taken me years to decipher that it was not my loneliness, but rather I was picking up on someone in the room and their loneliness. I am alone most of the time. I prefer it; however, I haven't experienced lonely in a number of years once I learned the difference between alone, and lonely.

Loneliness stems from the need to have others around, to be understood and to connect and when everyone in our circle is busy and can't spend time with us, we feel lonely and alone. If this is cronic, like folks who have no friends it can be quite affectual. Once a person becomes comfortable alone though, occupying themselves, that feeling goes away.

The key I found To snuff out that feeling of loneliness is self-confidence and self-esteem. Thus we loop back to the skit and cartoon. We shouldn't second guess our time spent with others. Put it out there and let it land where it may. Things like "did I say too much, not enough, do they like me", all that is detremental to good self-esteem and confidence. Which in turn only causes one to internalize their feelings deeper. Tough for an introvert.

I've often thought that if others are caught up thinking things like this, they at best only paid attention to 50% of what I said or did anyway, so why am I making a fuss if I connected with them or no? either way I self-validated. Besides that, they may not have understood the depth of what I shared anyway, especially if they didn't have questions. So, if they come back and talk with me again then I'm one step closer to creating a friendship with this person. Otherwise, I'm happy with being alone to persue my other/personal endeavors. I don't worry about being lonely. Instead, I find something or someone to focus my energy on and do that.

Hope that helps? If not, let me know :)

Reactions: seba
I had physical therapy on my hand where I had surgery
D: I'm sorry for that, I hope it's getting better!
Thank you for your reply, it's kind of a weird feeling to aknowledge you specifically dedicated some of your time to think about what I asked, I appreciate it. I like this forum thing.
I basically agree with everything you said.
With the exception that I am very aware of my processes, but still extremely neurotic. But they say Fe is the cure for INFJs. So I'll get back to you to investigate it. But right now I'll go to sleep because I'm sleep drunk. Thank you
Also, I think I'm beginning to have an idea of what a more balanced/developed infj is like. It's interesting.

Reactions: Sandie33
D: I'm sorry for that, I hope it's getting better!
Thank you for your reply, it's kind of a weird feeling to aknowledge you specifically dedicated some of your time to think about what I asked, I appreciate it. I like this forum thing.
I basically agree with everything you said.
With the exception that I am very aware of my processes, but still extremely neurotic. But they say Fe is the cure for INFJs. So I'll get back to you to investigate it. But right now I'll go to sleep because I'm sleep drunk. Thank you
Also, I think I'm beginning to have an idea of what a more balanced/developed infj is like. It's interesting.
Sleep well, and sweet dreams :)

Reactions: Vienna and James
Well now. This test was new to me. I'm not sure how to react to the results given. Would seem my "T" is the weaker link. :D

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (80%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (80%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

///////////////////////////////////////

Well now. This test was new to me. I'm not sure how to react to the results given. Would seem my "T" is the weaker link. :D

Te (Extroverted Thinking) (25%)
your valuation of / adherence to logic of external systems / hierarchies / methods

Ti (Introverted Thinking) (30%)
your valuation of / adherence to your own internally devised logic/rational

Ne (Extroverted Intuition) (75%)
your valuation of / tendency towards free association and creating with external stimuli

Ni (Introverted Intuition) (90%)
your valuation of / tendency towards internal/original free association and creativity

Se (Extroverted Sensing) (40%)
your valuation of / tendency to fully experience the world unfiltered, in the moment

Si (Introverted Sensing) (80%)
your valuation of / focus on internal sensations and reliving past moments

Fe (Extroverted Feeling) (80%)
your valuation of / adherence to external morals, ethics, traditions, customs, groups

Fi (Introverted Feeling) (100%)
your valuation of / adherence to the sanctity of your own feelings / ideals / sentiment

///////////////////////////////////////

From this it seems you are more like an atypical INFP :eek:

@Sandie33 they are speaking down to me and being disrespectful in effect that I just may be as if not more than intelligent

Hey, it's okay. You're lack of comprehension on the intellectual superiority of NTs is only to be expected.

*pats sandie on the head*

Now run along and play with the other cute little NFs.

but get over yourself and eat a dick, you aren’t the smartest person in the room all the time.

:fearscream: How dare you suggest I'm not the most intelligent being in the universe at all times.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see such petty jealousy. You can only dream to reach the peak that is "The Mastermind".

@Sandie33 they are speaking down to me and being disrespectful in effect that I just may be as if not more than intelligent

Hey, it's okay. You're lack of comprehension on the intellectual superiority of NTs is only to be expected.

*pats sandie on the head*

Now run along and play with the other cute little NFs.

:fearscream: How dare you suggest I'm not the most intelligent being in the universe at all times.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised to see such petty jealousy. You can only dream to reach the peak that is "The Mastermind".
Hmmft, and patronizing too.

Don't slam the door when you leave the thread. Thank you.

From this it seems you are more like an atypical INFP :eek:
Yep, but also half a dozen of the 16 types depending on who wrote the test. :D

Meaning I typically test as INFJ on many tests, yet depending on my mood I test ENFP, or INFP.

Reactions: Littlelissa
Yep, but also half a dozen of the 16 types depending on who wrote the test. :D

Meaning I typically test as INFJ on many tests, yet depending on my mood I test ENFP, or INFP.

I can see why.
I usually get ENTP and INFP as other options in those test that give alternative result options.