Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 43 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

What is the best phone under $400 that will handle a continuously running app?

My phone has been white-listed according to Dexcom and no longer supports the app...hasn't even been 10 days yet.

It sounded off around 10pm last night telling me I was at 57 and dropping...nah, so I pricked my finger and a nice 163 calmed that fear. After uninstalling and reinstalling I get a message that the phone does not support the app programming. It's been working fine for over a week.....I called tech support, and she had me do the very thing I'd just done and get the same message.

It's the model number that wasn't checked by the DE during setup. Nice inconvenience for me. Waiting for the DE to call me back regarding what to do next. I can justify the expense of a new phone if it will work to continue to save my life.

Damn fools do not understand that without the correct read and dosage this situation could go horribly wrong in a short amount of time.
giphy.gif

frustrated and wanting to thro a hissy fit but all I can muster is a laugh.

Are you open to a used/refurbished phone? (not from ebay)
Android or iPhone?
What other criteria would you need? (battery life/camera quality/push button flip phone:laughing:)
I'm thinking I'm going to have to bite the tech rod and buy a phone off the company list if I want my pump and reader to go through the phone.

The pod receiver works similar to the app, I have to stay within 20 feet of it anyhow, and the Dexcom receiver will work to set up each change for it ... so instead of running out and buying any-old-phone I'll need a pocket-pen holder that fits 3 cell phones :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

I've drafted a few patterns so I can sew me up a mini purse I can wear like a lanyard, lol.

giphy.gif
:p lol

I’d love to see that list of phones.

Just Sayin’,
Ian

I’d love to see that list of phones.

Just Sayin’,
Ian
Ian, go to this website
https://www.dexcom.com/compatibility/dexcom-g6-app
and it gives the list of phone types compatible with the G6 app, however, going into the list further it shows which OS is needed for each....that's the part we missed initially with my phone.

I'm thinking after my meeting today with the DE and a reinsert, the chip sensor itself is malfunctioning because after 4 hours of 30 minute connectivity search it alarms saying there is no chip, lol, smh, so I'm waiting for the DE to call me back as to how I should proceed.

Thankfully the OmniPod reader is working to give me my continous read and dose amout.....otherwise I'd have already pulled off each and nonpolietly returned them :sweatsmile::tearsofjoy:

Google Pixel 6 and Pixel 6 Pro running Android 12 are both listed. My sense is the Pixel 6a running Android 12 will eventually work, but I understand your situation is one where you don’t have the freedom to test or the time to wait on the unproven. The Pixel 6a is too new to be listed, but I think it will be added soon given the popularity of the phone.

In looking for some other models, it became apparent the lag in approval presents a difficulty in purchase. Samsung A32/A52 are out of production and not easily obtainable.

Google Pixel 6 may be an option. Who is your cellular/mobile service provider?

Don’t mind me, I love to do focused tech shopping and deal-finding. :)

-------

Here is a link where you can generate a version of the Dexcom app with the device compatibility turned off so it will work with your (recent/new) phone which is not listed, and would otherwise be blocked.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScD76G0Y-BlL4tZljaFkjlwuqhT83QlFM5v6ZEfO7gCU98iJQ/viewform

Discussion thread about BYOD experiences:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dexcom/comments/y2czug/is_byod_safe/

The Reddit Dexcom subreddit, which is a good source of information, as well as other app links which Dexcom users value and use...

https://www.reddit.com/r/dexcom/

Best to You,
Ian

Don’t mind me, I love to do focused tech shopping and deal-finding. :)
I'm happy you weighed in....much appreciated too!
I'll post after I meet with the Geek Squad techy at his store. He was gracious and checked every model on the list against current inventory and one is on sale for $199 +change. :D

What's the difference between an unlocked phone and a locked phone?

I'm happy you weighed in....much appreciated too!
I'll post after I meet with the Geek Squad techy at his store. He was gracious and checked every model on the list against current inventory and one is on sale for $199 +change. :D

What's the difference between an unlocked phone and a locked phone?

unlocked means pick any provider, no software bloat, no contract.

DO NOT buy a locked phone.

I like Mint on T-Mobile for $15 a month. :)

locked means the phone is tied to a supplier, will have additional software installed you cannot remove, and you will likely have a contract and pay more each month.

What does Geek Squad want to sell you for $199? I smell malfeasance. Good for them, but not necessarily for you.

Cheers,
Ian

What does Geek Squad want to sell you for $199? I smell malfeasance.
$329 later my 'compatible' phone arrives on the 2nd...if not, I'm out a $45 restocking fee. lol. We, meaning carrier, Geek, and Dexcom staff, matched model to accessibility and fingers crossed I can get back to the original secure set-up.

DO NOT buy a locked phone.
I went with unlocked so I could keep my current provider.

My anxiety level is manageable:p

oh boi :(

This old Aunt is heart deep tore up as I witness a lesson in contra-dependence amongst my family members...including my self involvement.

My neice, running behind and in a rush to get to work this morning, went out and started her truck, tossed in her coat and purse, went back in to be sure the dog had food and water for the day, locked her door, and as she was hurrying she took a misstep on an icy step she had only moments avoided and slipped and fell.

Thank goodness she had her phone in her sweater pocket. When she landed her leg was pointed straight but her foot was pointed opposite. She sat in the cold on the icy step for almost an hour before EMT's could get to her.

When she called me to tell me the docs had her looped up on heavy pain killers and just coming out of xray reset of her foot. She's broken both leg bones that hold her foot in place at the ankle and is in a temporary blow up cast after being transported an hour and fifteen minutes away to the orthopedic hospital that her mother is in ortho rehab in across a sky walk from her. :confounded:
They are waiting to take her in for an MRI to be sure the brake doesn't extend up her leg before taking her into surgery to fix her.

I can't help. I'm still nursing my own health delema. There is no way I could drive the almost 6-hours to the hospital to help and certainly i am in no shape to get the dog and bring her home to my house while both she and her mother are in the hospital.

I'm not going to kick myself in the head over this one. However, it's tough on me because regardless of her shinnanneghans, she's very important to me.

Update, she called me while typing, they think she's cracked her knee too...geeish. smfh in disbelief.

Oh no.

Your niece must have a friend or neighbor who will be able to help her and the pup? Your superhero cape has been put in storage, I'm sure you will retrieve it again when you are ready, but for now just stick to the plan and please don't feel guilty about it. You are responsible for getting your own health back, not for their unfortunate difficulties.

Best wishes for your niece - ouch.

Last edited:
Oh good gosh Sandie! At least they can do a fantastic job of fixing such things these days. Hope her operation goes well and she recovers ok. It must be frustrating not being able to help but it’s got to be for the best.

Your superhero cape has been put in storage, I'm sure you will retrieve it again when you are ready,

It must be frustrating not being able to help but it’s got to be for the best.

It is extremely frustrating to be unable to assist her. As MoonFlier said, my cape is temporarily hung up for now.

An update to her condition tho...she's broken all three bones in her ankle and torn the ligaments. The ambulance is returning her home later this evening with a wheelchair and her foot wrapped to her knee with steel bracing until she returns fir surgery in two weeks. I swear she's more stubborn than her aunt. lol. and twice as rugged. This will give time for her ankle to reduce the swelling as well as make a plan for the pupper to be taken care of. A long-time family friend will be going over for her surgery and take her and bring her home. It's sad to say, but there is no one to stay with her while she recuperates. I'm hopeful she'll stay positive until she's mended.

I'm celebrating twice this week.

Wednesday I found out that in November my A1C's were 16+, this week they are 7.3 with my diligence and now my new delivery system. Whoot!:D

Today at my surgical appointment I was asked to try a collagen and silver patch in my healing process. This thing is cardstock thin and feels so much better than all the gauze. The idea is that this patch will dissolve and form 'scaffolding' for new cells to fill in the opening quicker. :D

One step closer to good health. ...oh, I almost forgot the dude keeps in touch:D so perhaps I have a smitten kitten lol

I was asked to try a collagen and silver patch in my healing process.

Colloidal silver patches for wound healing and closure are the business. I’m glad you’re being served caviar.

Cheers,
Ian

All the girls received their letter on official letterhead paper. Now maybe I can enjoy the sense of peace that comes with the closure that brings.

It's time to draft the next chapter in my own life and get myself to where I would like to be.

After a lengthy conversation with the contractor, I've decided to get the little things fixed in the home this spring and tackle the large demo project next spring. I have a few windows that need replacing. The wild artic cold that settled in on the area pointed out how much heat loss I'm experiencing.

That wind has been howling since late Thursday. Yesterday was the worst of it. We had a band of snow move through and the wind made things more difficult. With the wide and open farm fields the wind scraped the snow across roads everywhere. The temperature dropped to -2, and with the wind it felt like -30. Salt does nothing to melt the snowy roads, and the sand did little for traction.

Tomorrow the predicted temperature is 40, lol. With next week having unseasonably warm temperatures....a snotty mess for sure.

I'm hoping to get some more boxes packed and out of here. The girls will still get their sentimental trinkets and treasures packed up. Then if they decide not to Puck them up at my convenience the boxes will be donated to the local landfill.

The curtains have been drawn on this dramatic tale for good...exit stage right.