Thoughts From A Tired Soul | Page 37 | INFJ Forum

Thoughts From A Tired Soul

Sounds like reason to be well-chuffed all around. :)

Sounds like reason for iced fruit tea with a nip of distilled spirits for relaxation, dontcha know?

Cheers,
Ian

I'm so happy to hear the results, and glad you went into his office for a quick check.
Hope you heal up very well and that's the end of those buggers.
We're almost to autumn, can you believe? People around here are decorating for Halloween already. LOL.
Any fun fall plans?

Hope you heal up very well and that's the end of those buggers.
Thank you, and this news makes me happy too. I'm thrilled they think there is a connection which means there may be a cure.
I might be a mutant tho...

We're almost to autumn, can you believe?
I know! Autumn excites me.
I'll try and share lots of pictures as the leaves change.
Any fun fall plans?
I do! My sister, two neices and myself are entering the towns Skarecrow contest with Goofy and Pluto :D top prize is $500

I do! My sister, two neices and myself are entering the towns Skarecrow contest with Goofy and Pluto :D top prize is $500

Pluto?! I must see. I adore that character so much, not as much as Marie, Berlioz, and Toulouse, but they'd be sitting ON the scarecrow defeating the point of it :laughing:

$500... hm... I say animatronics are a must for the win. (Probably against the rules.)

Last edited:
Pluto?! I must see. I adore that character so much, not as much as Marie, Berlioz, and Toulouse, but they'd be sitting ON the scarecrow defeating the point of it :laughing:

$500... hm... I say animatronics are a must for the win. (Probably against the rules.)
I promise pictures. Pluto will be made of pumpkins wire and paint with black wool ears, while goofy will be pvc pipe, straw, pumpkin head and overalls, lol.

I wanted Ferdinand as my neice has a real mini highland cow and 4 goats in her front yard, in town! They're so cute on a main street...she puts her dogs in there with them when she goes to work, lol.

I was out voted for a win for Goofy & Pluto tho. $500 split 4-ways is nice purse. 2nd is $250, 3rd is $100, honorable mention and local paper pictures for the rest. :)

Today hasn't gone any way but up and down.

Sitting vigil tonight after being up most of last night with Dad. Today he got up at 1:30 pm. Had lunch and only took a few bites. We snuggled him in his recliner on heat and covered in a blanket. He slept there until after 6, ate a few bites for dinner and fell back asleep.

I put him to he'd early and he's snoring loudly. I'd wager he will be up around midnight again wanting to stay up all night like last night.

Our helper is coming at 11 pm tonight to sit and get up with Dad if need be. I have to get some sleep. These kitty naps for days at a time aren't helping me heal.

I am so greatful she agreed. I didn't get to he'd until after 4am and back up again at 6...It seems similar to last year when the season was starting to change...maybe dad is just changing.

Thursday night worked out in many ways.
I was able to get some sleep.
Dad slept through the night.
Our home aide made $160 to sleep in Dad's recliner.

However Friday morning didn't give any of us a break.

After I called in to both docs, they agreed Dad needed to be seen in the ER. I felt like I was in the dog house. I ran an errand in town and came back home and called the squad to come for what the docs call a non-emergency emergency transport.

Off we go to the hospital. They are short of beds and they put Dad in the back corner of a curtained hall. Thank goodness they had him on a bed alarm because he tried to escape several times out the bottom of the bed.

Dehydration was the big issue. We can't rule our TIA's, experience the nurse witnessed one right there in the ER. Addressing his refusals of food and fluid comes with his now being assigned a social worker. The group of docs, including his own, agreed he is in Stage 7.

Stage 7 Dementia brings with it all the other behavior traits of the previous 6, but with the added breakdown in physicality. Onward we go into the downward spiral of whatever is to come.

My sister and aide were just as much in awe as the squad drivers...when I go into Commander Mode I sound like General Sandie, lol :tearsofjoy: I enjoy talking with nursing and physician staff on their level. One thing that turns not only my stomach but my Bitch Switch as well is the condescending arrogance of a person assuming I don't understand the lingo...bitch, I received my PhD in medicine from the couch. fo- politely. :kissingheart::p

I was thinking about you. Good to know you got some sleep. Your health is so important, without it everything falls apart.

I am very sorry your dad is in the final stage.. from my experience we can still have good days along with the bad. There are moments in which my dad came back, if not in memory, in loving personality and he was wonderful to be around. I'm hoping the same for you.

Sadness permeates the house today. DwD had to go into ER via ambulance yesterday. He has been refusing food and drinks, meds and not getting out of bed. Thursday my home aide helper and I thought he was having a TIA. Called his docs Friday morning and they wanted to see him in the ER for hydration. While there, the docs did a complete work up and a CTscan of his brain. Not even an hour later after the CT, the ER doc, nurse and I watched him have a TIA. They let me bring him back home, with a half-hearted okay and information that he's entered S7 of his Dementia. Since he has Parkinson’s too, he has been unable to get around as before and needs the walker with assistance now. He can rise from his bed with help, yet cannot rise from his chair with or without help. After several tries we can get him up and moving. Docs say he is forgetting how to complete things and will want to sleep more and more. I'm planning end of life things with his newly assigned social worker. Memory care isn't an option any longer; instead, we will need full care if he survives. I'm worried he will have a stroke before the plans are in place.

I was thinking about you. Good to know you got some sleep. Your health is so important, without it everything falls apart.

I am very sorry your dad is in the final stage.. from my experience we can still have good days along with the bad. There are moments in which my dad came back, if not in memory, in loving personality and he was wonderful to be around. I'm hoping the same for you.
Thank you ♡
I'm still in shock today. Dad thinks he's still at the hospital. :( I'm letting him nap while I continue to clear the house.