Think too much | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Think too much

I overthink so much at night and have so little Se that an invisible cup of hot liquid would probably be as effective. :)

I find it helpful to write down my thoughts on paper when I cant sleep at night. Then i can continue those thoughts whenever :). Also, some relaxing breathing exercise as previously mentioned by some, can be helpful.
Happens very often for me that all sorts of thoughts going through my head when I should sleep. Also I find it a good time to think because its quiet and nothing is disturbing ones thougths. Often I will get what seems as cool ideas, but next morning I find those ideas like, not so good :m038:

This might sound very esoteric and hard to grasp, but this is something that I have noticed in myself that tells me I am falling alseep, and it allows me to in a way make me fall alseep.

When I am about to conk out, my vision gets very bright. It is similar to what you see if you close your eyes, and press on them hard with the side of your fist, after 5 seconds or so, you see flowing undulating shapes. Only for when I am falling alseep, it is very bright light. So bright that I could mistake it for a light in the room. It moves and changes, over time. Interestingly, if I try too hard to focus on it, it "flashes" and goes away until I stop trying to think about it. Eventually it comes back. I have found that around 5 minutes after noticing this, I will have fallen alseep. I truly have no idea what this is (and it is completely unrelated to the lights I see durring the day. For those of you who don't already know, I see lights), but it helps me sleep in a way. Because it tells me I am close to it, and I can also "remind" myself that I will see this light before I go to sleep, and it will come later on.

I also have this problem.
I tend to read before I go to bed, and listen to relaxing music.
Aslong as I focus on the music itself I sort of shut down my other thinking.

I was thinking about the reason for thinking a lot last night.:rolleyes:

I feel a mental never stop about thinking.
I'm thought about what I did all day, what I will do tomorrow, what I read, why (someone) said this?, why I did this?, and thus, if I go to sleep before I feel sleepy may has continued in my thoughts then I can not sleep then had to get up a little bit do anything and then go back to sleep.
If one told me that something strange or frightening for me, I continue about thought in it and usually when I sleep I dream of it for this I do not like to hear a scary story at night.

I do not have a solution for you except if you can not a sleep a little uprise do anything and then back to the sleep.

Well do you, more specifically when your trying to sleep.

I had times where I've in a very literal sense laid in bed for hours trying to get my head to shut off.

All. the. time.

i think a lot!!!

i think always

and i'm soooo tired of thinking
i'm tired of being kind to people
i'm tired of being too much selfless
i'm tired of my life

i don't even want to think about anything at all
i want to not think and die

I have tried tea and cocoa and it does not work for me.

But it might have to do with me brushing my teeth afterwards, before I head to bed. There is something refreshing about brushing teeth that is more of a 'wake up' thing than 'getting ready to bed'