Things you most like and dislike about (being an) INFJ(s) | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

Things you most like and dislike about (being an) INFJ(s)

I'm going to assume that AI is meant here by artificial intelligence. I watched 2 minutes of this video, and I have to say that I can't imagine that a robot would be able to produce these statements. Rather I can imagine that real humans used cues from AI to formulate complete sentences. And if these statements really come from an AI, it is still a question of training. This training is always very one-sided, because not all aspects of a topic can be considered. Already at the beginning of the computer generation, one could often hear the argument: "This or that statement comes from the calculations of a computer, so it must be true, because computers cannot lie." This is complete nonsense. I myself work mostly as a programmer, and programmers make mistakes. And these programming errors are, after all, in artificial intelligence. AI statements are mostly about statistical calculations. The data for these calculations are collected by humans and entered into the computer. Or do you know of a robot that has traveled the entire journey of life from kindergarten, to school, to working life, to acquire wisdom and knowledge on its own. As long as this does not happen, stop trusting the statements and decisions of an AI. Sorry, but I had to get rid of this once.

You know about 80% of people on social media are bots. The "Mandala Effect" (specifically the Village People part about it.) Look into how they added a member... now it's got so many people fooled, but if you look closely you can see that EVERY SINGLE PHOTO! includes this fated sixth member... If google can do this. Surely AI is advanced enough to do that.

I personally have utter disdain for AI... as it is slowly ripping away our creativity. It shows with many.

-_- you're overlooking the reason i was posting it.

I watched several videos on INFJs i usually look at the comments.

on most videos... there are those who aspire to be INFJ after watching a specific video.

The reason i shared it is not because of all that...

I shared it because it reigned true to my own personal situation. (i get misunderstood... even by infjs... i don't understand why i am so hard to understand...)

But the added details made it fit here... as i dislike how people are in so many videos, all going on about how they're joyously INFJ.

Sorry... i may need to take a bit of a break... as i noticed i am being too rambunctious. Please, please... don't take this as a means of me being mean, i am travelling back into my past which is a scary place and often frustrates me...

37B98807-2744-48C3-8408-93712D56E7F8.jpeg

What do you most like about INFJs or being an INFJ, and what do you most dislike about INFJs or being an INFJ?
What I most like about them is their intuitive abilities, which facilitates conversation greatly. What I most dislike about them is how judgemental they can be about people's feelings, or lack thereof.
What I like:
-Seeing through another's eyes, as if I was one with them in the moment. Essentially, understanding people well.
-Insights about patterns that most people miss.
-Ponderings and analysis, which make sense on a level I cannot quite explain, as if the depth of the inner framework is partially hidden until the 'string' of insight pulls it along.
-Daily 'woo-woos'.
-Sensing the interconnected nature of all things.

What I dislike:
-A sense of obligation to others, even those most undeserving of it.
-Inner critical voice, which proliferates guilt and shame.
-Attracting abuse like a moth to a flame, because when confronted with the broken I am compelled towards their darkness, and in ensuring their good.
-Rarely finding anyone who is willing to go to a depth that I desire to go.
-Constant paradoxical nature, Ti and Fe at odds. A desire for truth and accuracy sometimes negates the desire for balance/harmony and invites contentions. Finding a balance is difficult.
-Being an INFJ. lmao. I would rather be an ENTP, to be honest.

@Anomaly -

Would you really rather be a T rather than an F? Why?
Yes, absolutely. Fe tertiary is pure, and is better balanced with Ti. The realm of logic is absolute; there is no comedy of error. No risk of fragmentation. Sure, ENTPs struggle with ambiguity, but through Ne frivolity they have the means to 'escape' it. There is guilt, but it is tempered with logical reasoning and justifications to defer it. There is a compulsion to act, which I admire as well.
We cannot be another, but I purposely try to develop my Ti in the hopes that I can at least better balance that inner 'war'. When it is my focus, I can be more cold and cutting with truth, without the weight of guilt.

That is dense, @Anomaly. Would take me a bit to digest.

At a high level, I prefer being predisposed to highly prioritize concerns over how things may make people feel.
I wouldn't say it is that dense. To sum it up, I long to be more logic leaning than values leaning and the reason is due to being less manipulated or fragmented because I could focus on the cold nature of logic instead. I've always joked that I would rather be some sentient Ai or brain in a jar. I don't wish to be a sack of flesh and bone; as the frailty of this nature and the propensity for others to judge it as if it were somehow representative of who you are, is as much a blemish of humanity as the proclivity for cruelty. I wish to exist in spirit and mind alone. Perhaps, someday I will get my wish, sooner rather than later.

Yes, prioritizing objectivity would be nice.

Yes, absolutely. Fe tertiary is pure, and is better balanced with Ti. The realm of logic is absolute; there is no comedy of error. No risk of fragmentation. Sure, ENTPs struggle with ambiguity, but through Ne frivolity they have the means to 'escape' it. There is guilt, but it is tempered with logical reasoning and justifications to defer it. There is a compulsion to act, which I admire as well.
We cannot be another, but I purposely try to develop my Ti in the hopes that I can at least better balance that inner 'war'. When it is my focus, I can be more cold and cutting with truth, without the weight of guilt.

Logic for sake of logic is incredibly boring never mind limiting once what makes us human has been stripped away leaving an empty husk. My advice if you go down that path be mindful what you discard that once gone regaining will end up proving to be one of the hardest things one could do in life.

Logic for sake of logic is incredibly boring never mind limiting once what makes us human has been stripped away leaving an empty husk. My advice if you go down that path be mindful what you discard that once gone regaining will end up proving to be one of the hardest things one could do in life.
I'll take this advice, carefully. Thank you.

Reactions: aeon and o2b
I wouldn't say it is that dense. To sum it up, I long to be more logic leaning than values leaning and the reason is due to being less manipulated or fragmented because I could focus on the cold nature of logic instead. I've always joked that I would rather be some sentient Ai or brain in a jar. I don't wish to be a sack of flesh and bone; as the frailty of this nature and the propensity for others to judge it as if it were somehow representative of who you are, is as much a blemish of humanity as the proclivity for cruelty. I wish to exist in spirit and mind alone. Perhaps, someday I will get my wish, sooner rather than later.

AI is the death of what you desire, frankly it is the death of all that is living.

Reactions: ESC2367 and Sorn
AI is the death of what you desire, frankly it is the death of all that is living.
Perhaps, slightly contradictory given my latest blog entry. I live in the realm of irony, often.

Reactions: ESC2367
To sum it up, I long to be more logic leaning than values leaning and the reason is due to being less manipulated or fragmented because I could focus on the cold nature of logic instead.

@Anomaly, I found your post to be quite interesting.

So, at a real high level, could your statement be summarized by - being predisposed to focusing on cold logic is preferable because a predisposition to focus on feeling is more painful?

Seems equivalent to AI, as it has been discussed. No feeling. No soul. No real sentience.

As to your last statement, it appears you are agreeing with me, but I don't see how you really can, given what I specified with prioritization.

No worries though, it's all good!:relaxed:

To be a human being, or to be human, means for me above all to have a broad basis in all areas.
That means, also totally contrary ideas are in my thoughts. For example logic and feeling.
On the one hand I am a very emphatic person, on the other hand I am concerned about Gödel's incompleteness theorems.
The wider the base of a house or pyramid is, the higher you can build it.
That's why I put up with contradictory ideas. I want to explore the limits,
and not be surprised when I suddenly stand in front of an abyss.
I think it would be unhealthy to give preference only to logic, for example.
I often think of Spock and McCoy in this context.
The idea of introducing these two opposing characters into StarTrek was a brilliant move.

Reactions: o2b
Non INFJs.

Why? Because I can rip into an INFJ and I know they'll know I know they know I know.

Any other type, if I wanted to be the apex predator I was born to be, will just crumble inward or outward.

Inward into themselves to reconsider what I said, or outwards backlashing onto my for what I said.

They can't see the gray area where the comment was neither an insult nor a compliment, it was just my statement handed to them with no connotation.

I know every human on earth does this with information, but we do it the fastest so to know that everyone else inherently does it slower, hours, minutes, days, weeks slower, I feel annoyed by this.

It's like, why u no adapt to incoming feeling and thinking data and be able to analyze it on the fly.

Only humans I don't mind are INTJs. They can keep up with the processing power.

Edit: What I like about being INFJ: INTJs
What I don't like about being INFJ: Non-INFJs

Last edited:
Non INFJs.

Why? Because I can rip into an INFJ and I know they'll know I know they know I know.

Any other type, if I wanted to be the apex predator I was born to be, will just crumble inward or outward.

Inward into themselves to reconsider what I said, or outwards backlashing onto my for what I said.

They can't see the gray area where the comment was neither an insult nor a compliment, it was just my statement handed to them with no connotation.

I know every human on earth does this with information, but we do it the fastest so to know that everyone else inherently does it slower, hours, minutes, days, weeks slower, I feel annoyed by this.

It's like, why u no adapt to incoming feeling and thinking data and be able to analyze it on the fly.

Only humans I don't mind are INTJs. They can keep up with the processing power.
giphy.gif

I don't dislike anything about being an INFJ. Anyone can encounter the same and/or different problems, and nobody is some universal sort of "perfect". However, I am perfectly fit for my subjective role in the world and seeing that makes life easy, and that makes me feel thankful for it all. Likewise, I don't dislike anything in other INFJs, but I do often dislike dealing with them, as Fe-Fe can lead to pointless friction.

Reactions: Anomaly
I can't believe some people actually like the Fe and Ti functions. I guess everyone likes what's familiar.

When I get home and relax, my Fi engages: I'll think about my day and note that I've been true to my values... and that feels good. I'll sit in my comfy chair or play my piano a bit, enjoying the sensory aspects, but also the ongoing choice to keep my surroundings modest, yet not without some minimal comfort.

These little things give me the warm buzzy feelings INFJs seem to anticipate they'd feel if world peace was achieved.

I just can't imagine getting home and engaging Ti: replaying interactions to analyse their logical consistency, trying to construct worldviews which logically account for acting like a doormat, and pondering if genocide might actually be necessary in some scenarios.

Reactions: Anomaly
I can't believe some people actually like the Fe and Ti functions. I guess everyone likes what's familiar.

When I get home and relax, my Fi engages: I'll think about my day and note that I've been true to my values... and that feels good. I'll sit in my comfy chair or play my piano a bit, enjoying the sensory aspects, but also the ongoing choice to keep my surroundings modest, yet not without some minimal comfort.

These little things give me the warm buzzy feelings INFJs seem to anticipate they'd feel if world peace was achieved.

I just can't imagine getting home and engaging Ti: replaying interactions to analyse their logical consistency, trying to construct worldviews which logically account for acting like a doormat, and pondering if genocide might actually be necessary in some scenarios.
It’s interesting that Fi is so significant for you. I’ve noticed this with other INTJs as well. I would never think of Ti being my relax mode - it takes me effort to use it, though I’m pretty good at it. My relax go-to when I’m alone is mainly Ni, with a dash of Se.

I’ve noticed that there is a strong parallel between INTJ and INFJ when we get into looping patterns though: Ni <-> Ti can be obsessed with what is wrong, while Ni <-> Fi can be obsessed with what is immoral. They both express themselves in black and white terms and seem to me to be two sides of the same coin deep down.

I've always joked that I would rather be some sentient Ai or brain in a jar. I don't wish to be a sack of flesh and bone; as the frailty of this nature and the propensity for others to judge it as if it were somehow representative of who you are, is as much a blemish of humanity as the proclivity for cruelty. I wish to exist in spirit and mind alone.
This resonates with me <3

May I ask, why is it you believe you don't exist in spirit & mind alone?
like, our bodies enable those things to carry-on about Earth, and help us reach out to each other. But if you were software, or a brain in a jar, would it not be another form of avatar?

I feel that you wish to be known for who you are, and no amount of distancing from our mortal forms can do this without others wishing to bridge the gap.
We could be a disembodied ghost and still be seen completely not for how we feel ourselves to be.

Reactions: aeon and Jexocuha