Theories on sensor/intuitive communication | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Theories on sensor/intuitive communication

dont tase me bro

and when i say tase i mean call me out like that

and what i say bro i mean non romantically because you hate gays

and when i say dont tase me bro i mean damn straight i cant do it that well, i protest!

[MENTION=731]uberrogo[/MENTION]

Reactions: the
Some very interesting points to consider. :)

I think intuitives, especially INXX are more mental in that they think about things more carefully before they express themselves. They are not comfortable blurting things out. They'd rather be right than verbal. They are less spontaneous when speaking. They may use more pauses or stops to consider what they're saying. While sensors are more likely to speak more fluidly. They are more likely to just speak. I think sensors have a quicker speech where they just go for it, rather than contemplate for a long period of time whether they should say something.

I do pause a lot. I do process a lot of cues before I speak. I do notice how you stand, your posture, the way you talk, demeanor. I thought that was because I was told to notice these things rather than that just being who I am.

It's sounds stupid after I say it.
Why so complicated. Maybe it's better to just go for it, but I just can't.

Sensors and Intuitives can't communicate. It doesn't work. Sensors don't make sense and it's a silly effort to try and work with them. They always looked confused and like they have no clue; I'm pretty sure because they don't. Death to sensors. Long live the venerable sensor.

One of the points of MBTI is to learn language of others:)
I understand my coflicts with others much better than before and it helps.

[MENTION=4956]Asarya[/MENTION]

great description, very precise.
I realised that I can recognize INFPs by communication. INFJ as well, but I know only one in RL beside me.
I know one ISTP and ve have identical type of humor, probably Ni+Ti combination:)

Thank you [MENTION=1069]Jana[/MENTION].
ISTPs do have a similar sense of humour in my experience, I know what you mean.

Sensors and Intuitives can't communicate. It doesn't work. Sensors don't make sense and it's a silly effort to try and work with them. They always looked confused and like they have no clue; I'm pretty sure because they don't. Death to sensors. Long live the venerable sensor.

you are using your type as an excuse. "I'm an intuitive, they are sensors, therefore they are stupid and I am wise and we'll never be able to communicate. if you believe this is true it will become a self fullfilling profecy. If you believe that sensors don't make sense you will only see the facts that confirm your believe and will rule out the facts that contradict it. You will even act towards sensors in a way that will make your believe about them come true.

but if you are willing to learn how other types (like sensors) think and communicate, you'll get a far better knowledge of what sensors are, what their positive or negative trades are and how you can cooperate with them in a complementary way. Your own communication skills will improve and you'll become a much more balanced person.

you are using your type as an excuse. "I'm an intuitive, they are sensors, therefore they are stupid and I am wise and we'll never be able to communicate. if you believe this is true it will become a self fullfilling profecy. If you believe that sensors don't make sense you will only see the facts that confirm your believe and will rule out the facts that contradict it. You will even act towards sensors in a way that will make your believe about them come true.

but if you are willing to learn how other types (like sensors) think and communicate, you'll get a far better knowledge of what sensors are, what their positive or negative trades are and how you can cooperate with them in a complementary way. Your own communication skills will improve and you'll become a much more balanced person.

No, I wasn't serious. I honestly don't have any feeling one way or the other.
Sorry to make you work. But I do agree with what you say. I identify with what us said about intuitives; so I guess that means I am one. But personally if typing helps you understand yourself or others it's a good thing, right. If you use it to somehow segregate people or make one person better than another, it's a bad thing.

I think people will get along and communicate well based on how important it is to them. If we process I formation differently, we just need to try and understand. But there are people I meet and from the very first moment we get along like lost friends, others it just will never happen. I don't know if type has anything to do with that.

I realised that I can recognize INFPs by communication.

Could you explain. What are typical INFP communication? thx

Thank you @Jana .
ISTPs do have a similar sense of humour in my experience, I know what you mean.

Yes, I have friend. When I tell a joke, she has exact sparkle in her eyes that I meant to provoke:)

Could you explain. What are typical INFP communication? thx

Hm...
First - we usually talk a lot about literature, music and such stufs.
And they are usually people who make me feel more practical than the other. They have that "cloudish" aura:) Sometimes even childlike:)
In the other word - communication with my estj friend makes me feel so idealistic, while communication with my infps makes me feel so pragmatical:)

And they are usually people who make me feel more practical than the other. They have that "cloudish" aura:) Sometimes even childlike:)
In the other word - communication with my estj friend makes me feel so idealistic, while communication with my infps makes me feel so pragmatical:)

hey I have the same thing. I think it is a good method to find out who you are talking to. When I'm talking to an SJ for example I feel so clumsy and disorganized because they will always do a better job in following procedures than me. But I also feel much more flexible and eager to do new things. They make me hate schedules because they make me feel trapped. But when I'm working with an SP I'm the one making the schedules and pin things down otherwise nothing gets done :). But they also make me much more rigid and not willing to change. When I'm talking to an NT I feel like I'm a total emotional mess who can not be objective while when I'm talking to an FP I seem down to earth and pragmatic because they are much more with their heads in the clouds than I am... lol :)

hey I have the same thing. I think it is a good method to find out who you are talking to. When I'm talking to an SJ for example I feel so clumsy and disorganized because they will always do a better job in following procedures than me. But I also feel much more flexible and eager to do new things. They make me hate schedules because they make me feel trapped. But when I'm working with an SP I'm the one making the schedules and pin things down otherwise nothing gets done :). But they also make me much more rigid and not willing to change. When I'm talking to an NT I feel like I'm a total emotional mess who can not be objective while when I'm talking to an FP I seem down to earth and pragmatic because they are much more with their heads in the clouds than I am... lol :)

Huh, yes, exactly...all. :)