The Taliban is S**t | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

The Taliban is S**t

Should the United States finally leave Afghanistan?

• Yes, it's been 20 years.

• No, the United States has a duty to stay.

Results are only viewable after voting.

I'm honestly not sure what to think about this. How do the majority of the people in Afghanistan see things (even if large portions of the population would disagree)? The United States has a tendency to try and push idealistic agendas on other countries that are out of touch with what the majority of the people there believe. How many of the young men in the Taliban can even read? How many of them are teenagers or joined when they were teenagers? I'm not sure the United States could ever win fighting against the lack of infrastructure and education.

I'm afraid that the problems are just beginning for Afghanistan. I don't think the Taliban will be effective at governance, and people are already taking bets on how long they last before the infighting begins.

Reactions: dZpADTLrPmX4c
I like that the vice president is now leading an insurgency. They've fought a few battles. Hopefully Kabul will go smoothly.
The ex-president, well. He shouldn't have left his people like that, that's the burden of leadership, though fearing for one's life is understandable. Now that he advocates for them to cease fighting, is beginning to sound more like cowardice than anything.
I prefer peaceful solutions myself, but there has to be a strategy to them.

Reactions: Ulla Lulla
Fighting leads to destruction. It is expected, normally. I refuse to believe we are so stupid. What's going on? Doubt you will read about it.