The Taliban is S**t | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

The Taliban is S**t

Should the United States finally leave Afghanistan?

• Yes, it's been 20 years.

• No, the United States has a duty to stay.

Results are only viewable after voting.
It's a terrible situation. The scenes at the airport were distressing to watch. These people are in my prayers right now. I hope other countries will give all help possible.

"American troops cannot and should not be fighting in a war and dying in a war that Afghan forces are not willing to fight for themselves." - President Biden

I mean, their President abdicated and ran and so did their military. I don't know the answers, but Trump securing the release of Taliban members and one of their cofounders was not one of them.

Interesting video on the subject here--others have said we'd have to seriously commit to invasion, so this might help us understand what that would have meant.

I think pulling out was reasonable given that the Taliban tends to just retreat and grow its numbers when it's not doing too well, and how the Afghan security forces are. But I wonder what we were doing to deal with those things before. How much we spent on improving Afghanistan's infrastructure, what Pakistan was doing (or not) to up its border patrolling or root out the Taliban in Pakistan during the war, etc. I'm thinking what would have to be done here would be prohibitive, but I'm interested.

"The United States military in 2017 relaxed its rules of engagement for airstrikes in Afghanistan, which resulted in a massive increase in civilian casualties. From the last year of the Obama administration to the last full year of recorded data during the Trump administration, the number of civilians killed by U.S.-led airstrikes in Afghanistan increased by 330 percent.

The CIA has armed Afghan militia groups to fight Islamist militants and these militias are responsible for serious human rights abuses, including extrajudicial killings of civilians.

The war has also inflicted invisible wounds. In 2009, the Afghan Ministry of Public Health reported that fully two-thirds of Afghans suffer from mental health problems.

Prior wars and civil conflict in the country have made Afghan society extremely vulnerable to the reverberating effects of the current war. Those war effects include elevated rates of disease due to lack of clean drinking water, malnutrition, and reduced access to health care. Nearly every factor associated with premature death — poverty, malnutrition, poor sanitation, lack of access to health care, environmental degradation — is exacerbated by the current war.

About 241,000 people have been killed in the Afghanistan and Pakistan war zone since 2001. More than 71,000 of those killed have been civilians."

Watson Institute of International and Public Affairs, April 2021

I don't know the entire situation... i find that american war tactics are basically like an over reactive big brother who wants to be the hero.

Basically, 20 years later, america's ego... and machismo is too full of pride to back away. War is just an onslaught anymore... so much distruction.

I don't understand why it needs to happen...

Reactions: InfernoMink
I don't understand why it needs to happen...
Because neoconservative geopolitical strategists at the time thought they were still living in the nineteenth century, powered by fears of American decline.

Control of Afghanistan, just like control of Iraq, completes the encirclement of Iran and consolidates American influence in the 'Geographical Pivot of History'.

American withdrawal from Afghanistan simply means US bases elsewhere in the region - in fact they were in talks with the foreign ministries of Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan in April to do just that.

The useful thing about having a 'war' somewhere like Afghanistan was that it justified the deployment of massive amounts of troops, which would otherwise look suspicious. The US will secure its airstrike capability whatever the circumstances, but the pretense of long, drawn-out insurgencies (and having deployed troops, therefore) in both Iraq and Afghanistan would've made a move against Iran particularly rapid and devastating.

These things were not 'reactive' moves (like 'an overreactive big brother'), but elements to a consistent geopolitical strategy which made use of whatever opportunities arose.

These things were not 'reactive' moves (like 'an overreactive big brother'), but elements to a consistent geopolitical strategy which made use of whatever opportunities arose.

Aye, exactly this.

I wasn't stating i don't understand why it is happening.

:3 I was stating that it doesn't need to happen in the first place anywhere.

There are supporters of this and that is all they need. In which are often less informed and only seek violent intentions. Due to the constant belittlement and racist remarks (my definition of racism instates that if it's generalized by a group of people... predominately to demean a group with innocents... like thinking Taliban is everyone from afghanistan... i think you can pick up the rest here on what mean.)

So this racism occurs and boom! Who gives a shit on any afghanistans who live there, only trying to relax and enjoy life... but o no! look out Taliban are all promoting chaos. Then america comes in all with their guns and now no one is safe. (reread the racism.)

But it goes much much deeper than this. Iraq... what reason did iraq get artacked after sept. 11? i thought it was afghanistan who attacked us... like you said in what i quoted, yes.

Jump forth to Gaza vs. Isreal. US Gov. is picking a side... can you see a major pattern?

This is not a war on resources or any thing. This is a war on racism. Muslims are getting the short end of the straw, and are often in a bad light.

But then... is there really a reason other than it being a long ass "holy war" per se?

Christians and Jews vs. Muslims.

O but if i don't side with isreal that makes me a antisemite or a nazi. (trust me, this is in the back of all the minds of americans.)

So they go on and side with isreal which is predominately Jewish.

What are the people of Gaza to do? More and more of their land are taken every few decades. and there is so little left...

Iran is the birthplace to Abrahamic religions. To add more hints to this commonly mystified puzzle that all the pieces have been put together only for everyone to see one puzzle piece.

Damn it, i just want it all to stop.

:O o my i just ranted... please forgive me as i don't want to delete this all... :O

More reports of killings and our cold blooded air head in office isn't helping. I hope the media eats him alive for this.

Twitter is also s**t!
A few years back, I found myself arguing with someone who was calling Michelle Obama an ape. Yes, I said some unsavory things to the person calling her that and I was reported and banned.
Meanwhile, the fucking Taliban is not banned despite them overthrowing an entire country and returning with their favorite hobby, oppressing the women, also they are assaulting the press, and assassinations. Yet, Twitter is like, “the Taliban can Tweet as long as they don’t violate our standards…”
Lmao.

BREAKING FROM BANNON: BRITISH WILL HELP AMERICANS GET OUT OF AFGHANISTAN
This situation is that an estimated 15k or more Americans are still trapped in the country. The American Forces are trapped at the Airport and cannot leave, they are not allowed to go get our fellow Americans. However the French and British are being allowed to evacuate their citizens. Bannon just reported that the British have volunteered to get Americans out as long as they are at the rallying point of pick up for their citizens. This was just on Bannon's War room. Please get this out to others.

Twitter is also s**t!
A few years back, I found myself arguing with someone who was calling Michelle Obama an ape. Yes, I said some unsavory things to the person calling her that and I was reported and banned.
Meanwhile, the fucking Taliban is not banned despite them overthrowing an entire country and returning with their favorite hobby, oppressing the women, also they are assaulting the press, and assassinations. Yet, Twitter is like, “the Taliban can Tweet as long as they don’t violate our standards…”
Lmao.

I certainly take your points! There is a considerable group of people who do not think Michelle is an ape! No, they are of the STRONG opinion Michelle, is actually Michael.
Twitter/Taliban.......you can't be surprised that Twitter is a leftist hell hole? I would also quibble with your representation of the Taliban. Oppressing/assaulting and assassinations is on a good day. It is more like torturing and maiming. However, you may also be missing the point via Twitter! It is all good and valid because Orange Man bad can't post mean tweets any more AND...AND the Taliban is free to post anything they want to assault women - it is all good!

I certainly take your points! There is a considerable group of people who do not think Michelle is an ape! No, they are of the STRONG opinion Michelle, is actually Michael.
Twitter/Taliban.......you can't be surprised that Twitter is a leftist hell hole? I would also quibble with your representation of the Taliban. Oppressing/assaulting and assassinations is on a good day. It is more like torturing and maiming. However, you may also be missing the point via Twitter! It is all good and valid because Orange Man bad can't post mean tweets any more AND...AND the Taliban is free to post anything they want to assault women - it is all good!
Donald Trump and the Taliban shouldn’t be on Twitter. They both excite their extremists.

According to Snopes fact check on t his EVERYTHING IS JUST FINE IN AFGHANISTAN! The right is simply making all of this up!

Donald Trump and the Taliban shouldn’t be on Twitter. They both excite their extremists.

So if someone says something "exciting" they shouldn't be allowed to post it publically? Biden says things all the time that gets people excited - ban him as well or, you have a way to arbitrate all of this?

If your premise is correct (it is not) then the pictures from Trump's Georgia rally last night ought to prevent you from being able to sleep at night. THAT WAS A LOT OF EXTREMISTS just for a rally!