Morgain

defective wisdom
Donor
Aug 20, 2009
MBTI
INFJ again
Enneagram
4w5
I don't know if you have read to book of Dan Brown "the lost symbol". In this book he explains the importance of intention. He even suggest that the modern physics even prove the effect of thoughts/intention on the physical world. In quantum physics for example the observer influences his experiment. As such the experiments give the results that the observer is looking for. If the observer believes that a photon is a partical, the photon will express all the properties of a partical. If the observer believes it is a way of electro-magnetic energy, the photon will act like a wave ant thous the observer creates the outcome he want/intent.

Although the book is a fiction thriller, it contains a lot of what I believe are "truths". Our thoughts/prayers/meditations/intentions have an effect on reality. And if a group of people meditate/pray together, the effect will grow exponential. And as such, if we would do the things that are important to us with a little more intention, who knows to what "wonders" we are capable?

a more thorough explanation on this you find on this website: http://www.philipcoppens.com/ls_2.html

And something maybe a little out of the context. I have been wondering for a long time what I'm missing in my daily contact. I have been describing as a "a loss of connection", real and deep connection with people. I feel like everyone is just rushing through life without connecting. While I want a life with more meaning/purpose/connection. Now I think, maybe what I miss is a lack of intention. It is doing things not out of the blue but starting from deep within, with focus. Knowing what you are doing and doing it with complete devotion. Being completely present in what you do instead of doing one thing and already thinking on the next thing to do.

any thoughts on this?

Last edited:
Reactions: Kgal and DimensionX
Our thoughts have no effect on reality, only how we perceive it, which, I suppose, in a way, means we can change reality through our thoughts, but only in a superficial way. We are not changing our surroundings, but ourselves in relation to them.

However, I don't beleive we, unimportant, limited and soon to be forgotten humans can have an effect on the physical world with thoughts alone. We can barely change it with physical force.

Although the book is a fiction thriller, it contains a lot of what I believe are "throughts". Our thoughts/prayers/meditations/intentions have an effect on reality. And if a group of people meditate/pray together, the effect will grow exponential. And as such, if we would do the things that are important to us with a little more intention, who knows to what "wonders" we are capable?

i read somewhere once that cancer patients who were told groups of people were praying for their recovery experienced more stress and a poorer prognosis than those who were being prayed for and didn't know. and a control group who weren't being prayed for had the same recovery rate as the group who didn't know. so in other words, knowing they were being prayed for either made their health worse or did nothing. that's not to say collective intent doesn't manifest as a real change in the world - maybe it does, who knows - but it's curious to observe the effect on one's psyche when they believe others are intending for something to happen to them. perhaps we create a real change ourselves, rather than the universe bending to our collective will (or in this case, retracting!)

Now I think, maybe what I miss is a lack of intention. It is doing things not out of the blue but starting from deep within, with focus. Knowing what you are doing and doing it with complete devotion. Being completely present in what you do instead of doing one thing and already thinking on the next thing to do.
this is probably a good idea regardless C:

I would take anything Dan brown says in his books with a pinch of salt.

If that's how he worded it then that's just plain wrong.

It doesn't matter what the scientist believes. It matters what he tests for. If he tests for evidence of it being a particle it behaves like a particle. If he tests for wave then it acts like a wave.

You make it sound like you could run the same test while the scientist believes different things and you'll get different results. This is not the case.

However, that aside the power of intention is incredible. For the most part, what you focus your attention you will see more of in your life. If you constantly tell yourselfd nobody loves you then you will see evidence of that.

If you believe you can achieve anything you set your mind to, you will start to see evidence for your awesomeness.

All this stuff is here all the time. I must do a hundred things a day that prove I'm an idiot and a hundred more that prove I'm not. I choose what i focus my attention on

It keeps coming back to this: we only focus on a tiny part of the experience available to us.

You choose what part that is. Choose well

However, that aside the power of intention is incredible. For the most part, what you focus your attention you will see more of in your life. If you constantly tell yourselfd nobody loves you then you will see evidence of that.

+1 this has been proven true in my experience.