The official INFJf Penn & Teller appreciation thread. | INFJ Forum

The official INFJf Penn & Teller appreciation thread.

BenW

Banned
Jun 27, 2009
MBTI
INTP
Anyone else love these guys?

Penn_and_Teller.jpg

The new season of "Penn & Teller: Bullshit" is kicking serious ass.

How was it?
Which bits did they perform?
"Shadows"?

It's funny to laugh at them I'll give them that.

But as far as it being a quality show, it fails bad.

They are basically just making fun of people in a childish and non intelligent way for whatever length that program has, and it's very repetitive. It's the same shit over and over again, and Penn just repeats the same sarcastic remarks over and over again. The worst part is they are trying to come off as intelligent. News flash, over use of sarcasm =/= intelligence

So no, I don't like that show.

It's funny to laugh at them I'll give them that.

But as far as it being a quality show, it fails bad.

They are basically just making fun of people in a childish and non intelligent way for whatever length that program has, and it's very repetitive. It's the same shit over and over again, and Penn just repeats the same sarcastic remarks over and over again. The worst part is they are trying to come off as intelligent. News flash, over use of sarcasm =/= intelligence

So no, I don't like that show.
I get the distinct impression you just might happen to disagree with them, rather than dislike their delivery.

It isn't for me either. I have only seen one or two of their episodes in the past, but I didn't like it. They come across rather conceited, and I disagreed with most of what they were saying. I tend to have an adversion to scepticks as a general rule anyway.

I get the distinct impression you just might happen to disagree with them, rather than dislike their delivery.

Nah.

Sure I disagree with some their points, but I agree with just as many.

But yeah, they at least got the name right, it truely is bullshit

By points I meant programs/themes

Last edited:
I like the episodes, but the theatrical mockery is overdone, and I wish Teller would talk instead of fooling around with props. It gets old.

How was it?
Which bits did they perform?
"Shadows"?

I definitely remember shadows and needles. Juggling broken bottles.

This was in a smallish club in Baltimore. They drove their motorcycles in through the audience. Do they still do that?

While I do appreciate (and even agree) with a lot of what they say, I definitely see them as being subject to the same sensationalism as the people whose toes they step on.

I definitely remember shadows and needles. Juggling broken bottles.

This was in a smallish club in Baltimore. They drove their motorcycles in through the audience. Do they still do that?
I wouldn't know. I've never seen them live, I've just seen a few of their TV specials.