The Many Faces of INFJ | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The Many Faces of INFJ

I just can't take someone seriously when they claim Hitler as an INFJ.
Carl Jung is most likely an INTP, slight possibility of INTJ. Definitely not an INFJ -- have you read any of Carl's books? His writing style is a dead giveaway.

Prof Charles Xavier, Rorschach and V (for Vendetta) are interesting characters. If not INFJ, I would definitely class them as INTJ.

Carl Jung is a self typed ISTP, or ITS

http://www.personalitynation.com/type-others/3309-what-type-carl-jung-answer-istp.html

I agree with Hitler being INFJ, or even ENFJ.

Interesting article Adymus. I’ve never read it before.

EDIT: To the person who said INFJ for Jung.
If you read his book, he CLEARLY defines himself as an Introverted Thinker. His intuition was something he had to go DEEP into to get and grasp. Sometimes relying on his dreams.

All because the functions are the same, doesn’t open that as a possibility.

Read the discussion I linked, or read his books.

;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Arsal
Even before his rise to power, Hitler showed a disturbing lack of empathy, narcissism and sociopathy. May I suggest reading the biography, Hitler 1899-1936 Hubris by Ian Kershaw. It is very likely he was truly mad and simply rose to power because of the peculiarities of politics in Germany at the time. If he was indeed mad then, typing his personality is beyond the scope of the MBTI. For some strange reason, every type wants to claim him as their own.

Even before his rise to power, Hitler showed a disturbing lack of empathy, narcissism and sociopathy. May I suggest reading the biography, Hitler 1899-1936 Hubris by Ian Kershaw. It is very likely he was truly mad and simply rose to power because of the peculiarities of politics in Germany at the time. If he was indeed mad then, typing his personality is beyond the scope of the MBTI. For some strange reason, every type wants to claim him as their own.

I

I’ve seen “common knowledge" on INFJs about Typology.....

He’s an ISTP until someone can prove Jung, himself, was wrong or show how to interpret his text to conclude otherwise.

Well he's down as an INTP on MyPersonility.info and I'm sure I've seen him as such elsewhere. But I guess if one person on your favourite site says differently then it has to be true.

Also, if you're looking to advertise here then insultng the forum is a great way to go about things.

I did not claim MBTI cannot type bad people nor did I claim that infjs are not good people.

I’m letting you know that you’re wrong, and I’m also letting others know. It’s a public discussion. Not everything I write is meant to be completely directed at you.

Well he's down as an INTP on MyPersonility.info and I'm sure I've seen him as such elsewhere. But I guess if one person on your favourite site says differently then it has to be true.

Also, if you're looking to advertise here then insultng the forum is a great way to go about things.

O.O

I’m stating that Jung himself has alluded to being an ISTP.

I think Jung is a bit more credible than “MyPersonality.info”

EDIT: I wasn’t aware that stating a personal assessment on the collective knowledge of the community was incredibly low on Jungian typology a crime. That doesn’t mean that the site itself is bad in any way. I’m just stating that a lot of people have "common knowledge" of Personality Theory that is VERY wrong and there’s not that many people standing in the way of the information being spread like that. It was to prove a point that “common knowledge” could be more “common ignorance.”

Since you quoted my post I would think it reasonable to assume that your comment was directed at what I posted.

I am well aware that it is a public discussion. Are you?

I am aware, but if it was meant for only you to read, and I suspected that it was necessary for nobody else to read, then I would have phrased it different and sent it to you via pm or rep.
:mhula:

I am aware, but if it was meant for only you to read, and I suspected that it was necessary for nobody else to read, then I would have phrased it different and sent it to you via pm or rep.
:mhula:

Where have I indicated that it was meant only for me to read?

Carl Jung didn't create MBTI, nor did he even subscribe to the MBTI theory. If he says "as a scientist, thinking and sensation are uppermost in my mind" it doesn't make him an ST.

He was a theorist. Really not very becoming of a sensor. There's no doubt he was Ti dominant, but do you really think Se>Ni fits better than Ne>Si?

The Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) assessment is a psychometric questionnaire designed to measure psychological preferences in how people perceive the world and make decisions.[1]:1 These preferences were extrapolated from the typological theories proposed by Carl Gustav Jung and first published in his 1921 book Psychological Types (English edition, 1923)

MBTI was derived from Jungian Theory. Very haphazardly, if I say so myself.

I really do feel that TiSeNiFe does fit better for Jung and I await anyone to prove otherwise.

EDIT: Probably should move this to a “Carl Jung’s Type” thread.

Where have I indicated that it was meant only for me to read?

I never said you did.

If I state that Topeka is the Capital of Kansas, are you going to try and come in and say, “Where have I indicated that I was discussing the Capital of Kansas?”

I’m sorry you have to cling to something to make you feel like you can come out on top of a conversation where you were clearly wrong.

Extract:

Ethical Guidelines for the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator