[PAX] - The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump | Page 41 | INFJ Forum

[PAX] The Impeachment of Donald J. Trump

The conversation got heavy in here all of the sudden...

giphy.gif

@ClevelandINTP
I humbly disagree with INFJs as a majority keeping with the status quo.
This doesn’t fit with our type.
On what do you base this data?

__________________________________​

Also, on the subject of liberal vs conservative...most INFJs that I’ve known are more interested in social justice and fairness and the human cost of politics rather than this or that political party.
It just so happens that those who lean toward the liberal side generally have similar goals...but this seems to be due to a closer focus on things like empathy and our Fe functions.
As I’m sure you all know, there are many types of conservatism or liberalism...are we talking fiscal, social, domestic/foreign policy, taxes, etc.?
I don’t like to say - I’m liberal...or conservative...or this or that.
Personally, I have varying views across the spectrum of subjects and political stances as do many others on this forum.
Cheers!
:<3white:

Reactions: Wyote and Sandie33
The conversation got heavy in here all of the sudden...

giphy.gif

@ClevelandINTP
I humbly disagree with INFJs as a majority keeping with the status quo.
This doesn’t fit with our type.
On what do you base this data?

__________________________________​

Also, on the subject of liberal vs conservative...most INFJs that I’ve known are more interested in social justice and fairness and the human cost of politics rather than this or that political party.
It just so happens that those who lean toward the liberal side generally have similar goals...but this seems to be due to a closer focus on things like empathy and our Fe functions.
As I’m sure you all know, there are many types of conservatism or liberalism...are we talking fiscal, social, domestic/foreign policy, taxes, etc.?
I don’t like to say - I’m liberal...or conservative...or this or that.
Personally, I have varying views across the spectrum of subjects and political stances as do many others on this forum.
Cheers!

It’s based on responses to psychopathy nature vs nature.

And I beg to differ very strongly, frankly. INFJs very much support Fe. Fe has a lot to do with established social practices that promote the well-being of the whole. INFJs will not rock the boat if a method in place is seemingly working. May be controversial and or uncomfortable for INFJs to hear, but it’s how I perceive them. They very much operate within established social rules. They are very pro social; therefore, I would expect their preference to be more “status quo.” I hear here all the time that INFJs have a hard time with “no” and “people pleasing”

Just because INFJs are generally “individualistic”, they tend to defer to authority in my personal observations. Like it rubs them a certain way, but they’re not so rebellious

I wouldn’t confuse being more likely to be eccentric with being a rebel which is their polar opposite

Last edited:
What group do you think they would better fit into: status quo, free spirit, rebel, support or power

Reactions: Skarekrow
But that’s very INFJ to be “individualistic” about it

I find so much irony in INFJs not in a bad way or anything

Like, they don’t want to be categorized, yet here we are on a forum that celebrates a category called “INFJ”

But that’s very INFJ to be “individualistic” about it

I find so much irony in INFJs not in a bad way or anything

Like, they don’t want to be categorized, yet here we are on a forum that celebrates a category called “INFJ”

Yes, I do, too, even living inside myself. I think INFJs are always caught in between.

INFPs are more the "free spirit" and "refuse to be categorized" type, though. INFJs are on a life-long expedition to find where they fit, always introspective and looking for clues and answers.

Reactions: Skarekrow and Wyote
Yes, I do, too, even living inside myself. I think INFJs are always caught in between.

INFPs are more the "free spirit" and "refuse to be categorized" type, though. INFJs are on a life-long expedition to find where they fit, always introspective and looking for clues and answers.

I feel like the answers are more in front of your noses than you might realize, consider and accept

INFPs are the extreme free spirit in the model

Reactions: Asa
Also, I don’t think “individualistic” means someone doesn’t want to be categorized.

I think INFJs support individuality perhaps more than most Fe users which is still a very pro-social value system. Pro-social values tend to want to keep things together and with a sense of order and harmony. Perhaps the label “status-quo” is a little misleading. I’ve typed that group with the label “glue” before. Like keeping social fabrics together

Also, I don’t think “individualistic” means someone doesn’t want to be categorized.

I think INFJs support individuality perhaps more than most Fe users which is still a very pro-social value system. Pro-social values tend to want to keep things together and with a sense of order and harmony. Perhaps the label “status-quo” is a little misleading. I’ve typed that group with the label “glue” before. Like keeping social fabrics together

I agree.

INFJs are a paradox. I feel the pull between individuality and being polite and keeping everyone happy. I think people who thrive as one or the other are more successful at the one they choose. LOL.

I also think Trump is an ESTP.

Status Quo implies to me a willingness to go along at all costs. Just branding issue with the name. Glue is accurate I just don't like it. I see where you're going and I agree. Other ideas for names: Harmony, Balance, Community, Shared goals, Win Win.... nothing seems like a real winner yet to me.

I would categorize INFJs as investigative supporters. Which in a way pigeonholes them into being potatoes a kind of "status quo" holding area until something happens.
They don't rock the boat, unless they feel morally obligated to, in which case watch out.

Anyway, fuck Drumpf.

It’s based on responses to psychopathy nature vs nature.

And I beg to differ very strongly, frankly. INFJs very much support Fe. Fe has a lot to do with established social practices that promote the well-being of the whole. INFJs will not rock the boat if a method in place is seemingly working. May be controversial and or uncomfortable for INFJs to hear, but it’s how I perceive them. They very much operate within established social rules. They are very pro social; therefore, I would expect their preference to be more “status quo.” I hear here all the time that INFJs have a hard time with “no” and “people pleasing”

Just because INFJs are generally “individualistic”, they tend to defer to authority in my personal observations. Like it rubs them a certain way, but they’re not so rebellious

I wouldn’t confuse being more likely to be eccentric with being a rebel which is their polar opposite

I answered in the button since this is not really the appropriate thread for this discussion.
Cheers!!

Eh...not in the cases I’ve witnessed.
Or in my own case.
If we defer to authority it’s not due to any respect for a power structure I feel, but more that we tend to not want such roles ourselves and the headaches that come with them, lol.
But we will step up when called and if needed.
And it’s not so much established social rules, but established personal moral rules we apply to ourselves.
They are usually pro-social due to the fact that we tend to empathize with others more than a lot of types imo.
As for eccentricity vs rebellious...I really don’t think you can compartmentalize the spectrum of the type as one more than the other....I’ve seen good examples of both.
If you base it purely on law-breaking behavior then you are probably correct that INFJs are probably a small percentage of the prison population...but that’s just cause we can’t be caught....jk....lololol. ;)
No, I understand what you meant better now with further explanation...status quo - maintaining social order or “glue” makes more sense....but it’s still not quite right as it implies that we are not constantly pushing for progress, for improvement, a better system, a more human system, etc. when that is something that is very important to me anyhow.
( I’m not speaking for all INFJs) :)
When we perceive a situation to be detrimental to ourselves or especially to others any respect for authority goes right out the window if they are the culprits....my SO brought down the entire management and forced the Head Manager to resign where she used to work after they started doing shit that would have impacted patients under their care.
When I assisted with surgery I had no issue saying something to any RN or any Surgeon if I felt they were being sloppy or dangerous to the patient in any way shape of form - they trust us in the OR to be their voice as they are anesthetized and cannot speak up.
I’ve had several conflicts where I've had no qualms being assertive or aggressive when need be.
I agree with the people pleasing...some have more of an issue with it than others...same with saying “no”.
I people please with those I love or care about or value....but other than that not so much, I learned a long time ago to not give a flying fuck about those who don’t know me or care about me, haha...I have boundaries though as far as not letting people walk all over me, even for those I love.

I was quite rebellious as a teen...not eccentric, if only...it would have saved a lot of headaches and trouble for my parents and me, haha.
So...some INFJs on this forum are quite a bit more strait-laced, both now and in their past....some have rebellious pasts, some eccentric.

I agree.

INFJs are a paradox. I feel the pull between individuality and being polite and keeping everyone happy. I think people who thrive as one or the other are more successful at the one they choose. LOL.

I also think Trump is an ESTP.

I think that we should keep in mind that being an INFJ or any other type is only a base of generalities to build upon and that personalities vary wildly in any MBTI category.
Also, the process of individuation that we all go through is a good explanation of how our perceptions and values change throughout our lives.
As for being “individualistic”...to an extent I think.
Having a minority POV, that was more a forced role than one many would gladly take...especially when you are a child and trying to fit in.
You can grow to embrace it and learn to make it part of your life or career.
Or vice-versa...
I believe we are always trying to find our authentic self...and we value authenticity in others...this also is synonymous with being honest.
One reason I can’t stand people like Trump, to bring it all back around, lol.

You think Trump is a “T”?
He seems to make a lot of decisions based on his out of control emotions....and is very negatively emotionally almost constantly....seems to be inspired by either anger/hate or fear mostly and not much clear thought.
But maybe that’s just the cocaine?

Anyhow...those are my two cents.
Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd
I think it's hard to type Trump because he seems to have some kind of personality disorder. That muddies the waters.
I agree...can you type someone who has no real emotion?

Reactions: 5ufvdee369jcdd