The Forum's IQ | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

The Forum's IQ

I have an IQ of 130. Emotional IQ is 125. Verbal IQ in the top 1%, my specialty. I like to tell people the ratio of my IQ to the average person's proves my IQ makes half the world legitimately retarded in comparison to me. haha I'm not cocky about my intelligence.

No this is really cool. I heard once that an IQ difference of 10 is all that separates someone of average intelligence from someone who is mentally challenged.

Consider that the Guineas Book of world records has or had Christopher Langan, at 195 for a while. At the time, he was a bouncer at a bar and had been for many years. Einsteins IQ though it was nevi officially measured was guessed to be at 160.

I remember scoring a 144 on an online quiz as a kid then being super pompous about it. Then, just to make sure the test was actually real, I took it again only this time I'd only answer using the D option. I scored a 144 again.

Its not just IQ, its what you do with it. One would think these guys would have made a ton of money or at least more than they had.

One of the questions I was thinking of recently is if IQ is based on the current averages of a particular era of a society, then doesn't it need to be reclassified as decades or quarter centuries go by? I think this maybe why I've always questioned the significance of the "above average" category because it doesn't make sense. For example, 120 is supposedly the average college student. Most people today have some sort of college education, so wouldn't that raise the average. Wouldn't 120 then become average and 140 above average? I mean if you're pretty much operating at the same level as everyone, wouldn't that be considered average?

One of the questions I was thinking of recently is if IQ is based on the current averages of a particular era of a society, then doesn't it need to be reclassified as decades or quarter centuries go by? I think this maybe why I've always questioned the significance of the "above average" category because it doesn't make sense. For example, 120 is supposedly the average college student. Most people today have some sort of college education, so wouldn't that raise the average. Wouldn't 120 then become average and 140 above average? I mean if you're pretty much operating at the same level as everyone, wouldn't that be considered average?
IQ is scaled so that 100 = the average iq of humanity.

IQ scores have been steadily rising but the IQ tests get calibrated so the average is always 100. So an IQ of 100 today is equivalent to a much higher IQ number in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

IQ scores have been steadily rising but the IQ tests get calibrated so the average is always 100. So an IQ of 100 today is equivalent to a much higher IQ number in the past.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flynn_effect

Ah, ok, although it's set to 100, the 100 represents a new average compared to previous IQs. So, this seems to suggest that whoever scores as average today, would theoretically be considered below average on future tests? Or whoever scores above average today would be theoretically be considered average on future tests? So, technically, if I took earlier IQ tests, I would actually be considered a genius?! :D

It ain't as cool as it sounds. 60+points up isolates people just as much as 60+ points down does.

Errr.... If I can interject. It has been said that a difference of 10 on this scale is the difference of someone of average intelligence to that of someone who is mentally challenged.

The following article suggests that IQ scores are systematically going down where fluoride has been introduced into the water supply. In other words, they would be much higher if it were not for whats being put in our water. Consider that the effects of fluoride have been known since it was first introduced to the water supply, consider as well the massive attempt to hide the information through the years. Ask why you have heard nothing about it in the news. Consider that there is absolutely no proof fluoride does what they (the government) want you to believe it does.

“Fluoride seems to fit in with lead, mercury, and other poisons that cause chemical brain drain,” Grandjean says. “ And its in your water right now.

http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/features/fluoride-childrens-health-grandjean-choi/

It ain't as cool as it sounds. 60+points up isolates people just as much as 60+ points down does.

I wasn't joking about someone having intellectual differences. I was just laughing at the thought that depending on when you take an IQ test, you could score in different categories of intelligence although your intelligence may never change.

Good point. But when you're 60+ up, you may be able to agonize more over the isolation.
Aye... The poor saps.
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION],

ya, Florine exists in the same column on the periodic table as chlorine and bromide, 2 of the most reactive and poisonous elements in existence to our precious carbon based forms. Thus it bears similar traits as far as chemical reactivity goes. So not cool. I run all my water through a Brita or PUR filter.

I wasn't joking about someone having intellectual differences. I was just laughing at the thought that depending on when you take an IQ test, you could score in different categories of intelligence although your intelligence may never change.
ya, I got that. I just took in another direction. Glad I took mine in the 6th grade! =) Never did get my results back but I did find out where I stood compared to the rest of the state.

Aye... The poor saps.
[MENTION=8603]Eventhorizon[/MENTION],

ya, Florine exists in the same column on the periodic table as chlorine and bromide, 2 of the most reactive and poisonous elements in existence to our precious carbon based forms. Thus it bears similar traits as far as chemical reactivity goes. So not cool. I run all my water through a Brita or PUR filter.

Good, but neither of those come close to removing fluoride. Its actually difficult and a process called reverse osmosis can do it. You can buy these systems for a couple grand. Turns out you have to get a whole house system because getting the water in your eyes, on your skin etc is as bad as getting it in your mouth.

I had to take one a few months ago. It was 132 if that means anything to anyone. I don't really care too much about intelligence measurements, I think they're all sort of hooey.

Good, but neither of those come close to removing fluoride. Its actually difficult and a process called reverse osmosis can do it. You can buy these systems for a couple grand. Turns out you have to get a whole house system because getting the water in your eyes, on your skin etc is as bad as getting it in your mouth.
I believe both have activated carbon in their matrix... I'm not certain, but I think that would/does take it out.

I believe both have activated carbon in their matrix... I'm not certain, but I think that would/does take it out.

If you are interested research it. It doesnt remove enough even if it removes some. Also, you are still getting it in the rest of your water and if not there, in public places. It is impossible not to come into contact with fluoridated water unless you are actively making the attempt to do so.

Anyway, heres the deal. Many people cant believe and dont want to believe this is happening. They will tell people like myself oh, "You are just a conspiracy theorist etc..." Its very difficult to discount a study from Harvard though.

I am only the messenger, how far you wish to pursue it is up to you.

http://www.learnmyself.com/IQ-Test

I did not like this one primarily because of the timed nature of it. The fact it is timed throws me off. However you may find it of interest. If it were not timed, I would have answered all the questions correctly without question. Ya me.

If you are interested research it. It doesnt remove enough even if it removes some. Also, you are still getting it in the rest of your water and if not there, in public places. It is impossible not to come into contact with fluoridated water unless you are actively making the attempt to do so.

Anyway, heres the deal. Many people cant believe and dont want to believe this is happening. They will tell people like myself oh, "You are just a conspiracy theorist etc..." Its very difficult to discount a study from Harvard though.

I am only the messenger, how far you wish to pursue it is up to you.
Yikes. Thanks for the heads up.

There was this one guy in my schools who got dragged out of second grade one day and walked down to first grade. He never did the class work, he just sat and stared out the window all day. He stayed in first and got back into second grade the next year. A while later he was in Gifted And Talented Education classes and the Young Astronauts program. I'm under the impression the pitfalls of high iq they mention in the article are very real.