The Forum's IQ | Page 11 | INFJ Forum

The Forum's IQ

I was "fortunate" to go to a school where everyone was a fucking genius for some reason. It was on top ten public high school lists in the US and shit.
So because of where I come from, I feel very average. But then I engage in "average" society and it's like genuinely distressing a lot of the time.
I ain't nearly the top tier, but god damn. I never leave my house, for good reason.

Yeah I feel you bro. I just did an anakin skywalker but the other way around haha I fell back on my feet though. Not doing too bad now.

Not as smart as wifey :hearteyes:

giphy.gif

Kamui!

tenor.gif

But then I engage in "average" society and it's like genuinely distressing a lot of the time.
I ain't nearly the top tier, but god damn. I never leave my house, for good reason.

All of this, yes. I'm always bitching about other peoples' stupidity/mental laziness at work. Not everyone, of course, but Jesus Christ. You'd think they never learned to read.

Recent Actual Example (via email; heavily paraphrased):
Me to Vendor Rep: "Hey, why is our cost on this item being confirmed higher? Current price pages show $X, but you're confirming $Z. Did our cost on this item go up, and if so, who was notified?"
Vendor Rep: "Well, as of 3.6.19 your cost is actually lower at $Y".
Me: "But this PO was cut on 3.2.19 so will that cost be honored retroactively?"
Vendor Rep: "What's the PO #?"
Me: "It's in the subject line: xxxxxxx"
Vendor Rep: "When did this PO ship?"
Me: "I would think that info would be on your end. All I can see is when a PO is cut and when it's received here. I don't know when your warehouse shipped this".
Vendor Rep: "Okay, we will honor $Y on this PO".
Me: "But that's still an increase over the $X that's on our price list. There's no following in the market and you can't just arbitrarily increase our cost without notice".

*facedesk*

Anyway, 135 for me. My son's is 115 (84th percentile), but he's only 7 and the administrator said he was writing random stuff on a dry erase board most of the time so we might find that it's higher when he's older and actually tries. He has High Functioning Autism/Asperger's. Amazing mind that I wish I could visit sometimes. :smile:

He has High Functioning Autism/Asperger's. Amazing mind that I wish I could visit sometimes.

My brother also has very, very mild ASD as well; I’ve noticed that a good portion of those with Asperger’s are incredibly gifted intellectually. Sometimes my brother talks about certain concepts and ideas and he never ceases to impress me. Smart kid!

Also on the autism spectrum disorder, my brother’s psychologist told him that they are now finding that Asperger’s is actually in a whole different and separate category in itself and not really connected to Autism due to the fact they are centralized in a whole different brain region than you would typically find with those with ASD (all scattered around the brain).

My brother also has very, very mild ASD as well; I’ve noticed that a good portion of those with Asperger’s are incredibly gifted intellectually. Sometimes my brother talks about certain concepts and ideas and he never ceases to impress me. Smart kid.

Also on the autism spectrum disorder, my brother’s psychologist told him that they are now finding that Asperger’s is actually in a whole different and separate category in itself and not really connected to Autism due to the fact they are centralized in a whole different brain region than you would typically find with those with ASD (all scattered around the brain).

Fascinating, I did not know that. It's kind of funny because Asperger's used to be a separate diagnosis from ASD, then they lumped the 2 together in the DSM-V, I think. Now it seems they're going to consider them different diagnoses again. Make up your minds, mind doctors!

If you don't mind me asking, how old was your brother when he was diagnosed and hold old is he now? I know what you mean. My son's teachers and caregivers just go on about how smart and sweet he is. He has some sensory processing issues, as well as anxiety, which is extremely common among Aspies, so if he's feeling overstimulated by noise or movement around him, he can go from 0 to meltdown in about 30 seconds. It was difficult at first to tell what exactly was setting him off, but we've identified some of the signs and he knows to ask for time-outs (even at school (IEP)). Like I said, though, what I wouldn't give to be able to get inside his mind with him sometimes and build mental pillow forts. And he is incredibly sweet. He tells me how lovely and beautiful I am very frequently and he's really affectionate with those he feels comfortable around. One of the most amazing things that I think anyone has ever said to me came from him when he was four. Or was it five? Anyway, he said, "Mom, you created my world and I created yours". I just... :<3blue:

You got me talking about my boy. I can go on and on. :laughing:

Fascinating, I did not know that. It's kind of funny because Asperger's used to be a separate diagnosis from ASD, then they lumped the 2 together in the DSM-V, I think. Now it seems they're going to consider them different diagnoses again. Make up your minds, mind doctors!

If you don't mind me asking, how old was your brother when he was diagnosed and hold old is he now? I know what you mean. My son's teachers and caregivers just go on about how smart and sweet he is. He has some sensory processing issues, as well as anxiety, which is extremely common among Aspies, so if he's feeling overstimulated by noise or movement around him, he can go from 0 to meltdown in about 30 seconds. It was difficult at first to tell what exactly was setting him off, but we've identified some of the signs and he knows to ask for time-outs (even at school (IEP)). Like I said, though, what I wouldn't give to be able to get inside his mind with him sometimes and build mental pillow forts. And he is incredibly sweet. He tells me how lovely and beautiful I am very frequently and he's really affectionate with those he feels comfortable around. One of the most amazing things that I think anyone has ever said to me came from him when he was four. Or was it five? Anyway, he said, "Mom, you created my world and I created yours". I just... :<3blue:

You got me talking about my boy. I can go on and on. :laughing:

Oh yeah! Actually the DSM-V is highly controversial. Some current psychologists, social workers, counselors and other mental health professionals really dislike the current DSM due to categorizations and just other revisions they really didn't appreciate. Hopefully the next revision---which most likely will take some time since it is a very extraneous and intensive procedure--- will be much better! Asperger's is being viewed as more separate than anything!

My brother was diagnosed with very mild ASD at the age of 5! Around the time he was about to start Kindergarten and was diagnosed by his school psychologist and other professionals. He is currently 18 and doing very well! He had bad sensory issues with his ears. Certain sounds such as metal spoons or forks being used while eating against plates hurt his ears, but he has gotten pretty much over it once he has gotten older. Practically doesn't bother him much. He used to have trouble with processing facial expressions and emotions as well; but he is much better now since he has been getting therapy treatments.

Overall, just very small issues which aren't very noticeable and manageable for my brother. I am very proud of him. :<3orange:

And awwww, your son is an absolute angel!! :<3::<3: :blush::blush: so precious!!

Last edited:
I see you aren't familiar with the ways of businessing

Oh, I know they like to try to do that. In fact, I think that's a perfect example of a vendor trying to sneak one in. But if the rest of the market doesn't follow suit, they won't succeed. They know their customers will just go to their competitor for a lower cost. Simple as that.

Ah, the art of negotiation. :laughing:

Oh yeah! Actually the DSM-V is highly controversial. Some current psychologists, social workers, counselors and other mental health professionals really dislike the current DSM due to categorizations and just other revisions they really didn't appreciate. Hopefully the next revision---which most likely will take some time since it is a very extraneous and intensive procedure--- will be much better! Asperger's is being viewed as more separate than anything!

My brother was diagnosed with very mild ASD at the age of 5! Around the time he was about to start Kindergarten and was diagnosed by his school psychologist and other professionals. He is currently 18 and doing very well! He had bad sensory issues with his ears. Certain sounds such as metal spoons or forks being used while eating against plates hurt his ears, but he has gotten pretty much over it once he has gotten older. Practically doesn't bother him much. He used to have trouble with processing facial expressions and emotions as well; but he is much better now since he has been getting therapy treatments.

Overall, just very small issues which aren't very noticeable and manageable for my brother. I am very proud of him. :<3orange:

And awwww, your son is an absolute angel!! :<3::<3: :blush::blush: so precious!!

Awww, thank you! :blush: He's either an absolute angel or a holy terror - there is no in-between. :sweatsmile: Nah, he's gotten better. His meltdowns used to manifest as physical aggression (this kid got suspended for hitting another student and his teacher in Kindergarten) and I couldn't tell you how many times he was sent to in-school suspension, but that's gotten much better with behavior therapy. His dad and I have tossed around the idea of taking him completely off his meds to see if his behavior will improve more, but at the same time we're both too scared to poke the monster with a stick, y'know? We still deal with verbal aggression and most of his physical aggression is targeted at objects now instead of people. He was just officially diagnosed last year when he was 6 (he's 7 now). Our hope is that with age and maturity, his behavior will improve even more. No academic problems whatsoever, just behavior. Well, I take that back. The only academic problems we've had was from him refusing to do his work, but once we figured out why, we've been able to work on it and now he does almost all of it. The two main reasons were 1) perfectionism and anxiety/fear surrounding making a mistake and 2) him thinking it was a waste of his time and "stupid" because he already understood the material so he genuinely didn't see why he had to do the work. :laughing:

Curious, did your brother have behavior issues too? Knowing that he's outgrown most of his sensory issues gives me comfort. Is he or will he be able to live independently? They tell me that most adults with HFA can and do, but I'm always curious to hear from people who've seen this in their day-to-day lives rather than relying on statistics. He sounds like a great kid; my boy is too, but like I said, I hope he does outgrow a lot of this, for his own benefit because if so, the doors of opportunity will blow wide open for him.

Curious, did your brother have behavior issues too? Knowing that he's outgrown most of his sensory issues gives me comfort. Is he or will he be able to live independently? They tell me that most adults with HFA can and do, but I'm always curious to hear from people who've seen this in their day-to-day lives rather than relying on statistics. He sounds like a great kid; my boy is too, but like I said, I hope he does outgrow a lot of this, for his own benefit because if so, the doors of opportunity will blow wide open for him.

Yes! But it was mostly distraction related and some anxiety. Originally, his school psychologist only diagnosed him as an Aspie, but later he finds out until he was 16 that he also had ADHD by his psychologist. So it was a relieving moment for him realizing that there was another reason for his issues, but he was angry that he got diagnosed so late—which is understandable. His ADHD is what is causing him more problems than being an Aspie, but he is doing much better now managing it.

Another behavioral issue was social awkwardness when he was younger. He still has it from time to time, but nowadays he manages it so much well that he can interact with anyone with ease and nobody would notice he has anything at times.

I would say that a good portion of those with HFA can live a normal and successful life! With good therapy, behavioral techniques and lots of guidance; people with HFA can lead healthy and normal lives! :)