The 'Evil' Function | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The 'Evil' Function

Possible, although I'm both ISTP and ISTp. I read up on the socionics functions (a.k.a. information elements, which are very different from those of MBTI), and I seem to identify more with the Si-Te block than with the Ti-Se block. You can't directly translate MBTI to any sociotype. I only bring over some of the concepts from Socionics to MBTI, such as intertype relations, quadras, and dichotomies, but I rarely try to translate any one type.

Also note that I said supposedly in that quote. The dual of an ISTP could really be ENFJ rather than ENFP. MBTI doesn't cover duality like socionics, though, so what's there to say really?

Possible, although I'm both ISTP and ISTp. I read up on the socionics functions (a.k.a. information elements, which are very different from those of MBTI), and I seem to identify more with the Si-Te block than with the Ti-Se block. You can't directly translate MBTI to any sociotype. I only bring over some of the concepts from Socionics to MBTI, such as intertype relations, quadras, and dichotomies, but I rarely try to translate any one type.

Also note that I said supposedly in that quote. The dual of an ISTP could really be ENFJ rather than ENFP. MBTI doesn't cover duality like socionics, though, so what's there to say really?
Realize socionics was built to improve on MBTI. They are the same ideas, just 'improved upon'. There are 16 mbti types, there are 16 socionics types. I really think the INFp in socionics is the same thing as the INFJ in mbti, just expressed differently. Same with all the other type conversions when taking into account their dominant set of functions.

Last edited: