The Enneagram - How did you determine your type? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

The Enneagram - How did you determine your type?

Huhu thank you for investing your time and interest. :sob:
It's really my pleasure! You are an incredible person :relaxed:

I really don't know what my enneatype is anymore. I think it's the InFJ chameleonesse for sure.
Please take a deep breath.. <3 In the end it is not about letters and numbers but about how you manage to steer through life. This will come to you along the path!

You might have 1 and 2 in your tritype (living between emotion and gut so to say) which makes it difficult to figure out.
Also to make sure: I didn't mean you are E8 or E3, just adding the context of more healthy/simply strategic and unhealthy/stressful times. I was trying to point out how both of them (and E1 as a wing) can be in the environment of a E2. :)
And about E7 (and E8) see how there are many Se-dom around it in John's picture.. I was thinking of inferior/Se grip. :)

I think this diagram that Hos found a while back is very useful to help validate our MBTI v our Enneagram types - for example, it's very unlikely that an INFJ would be a primary E3, 7 or 8, or an INTJ an E2, E3 or E7

View attachment 71763
It is helpful. By this chart, my exhibiting E8 indicates either that I'm an outlier or that I'm not an E8 at all and that this could potentially explain my mental health issues. Hehe.

I'm afraid I don't have a lot of information about the tritype. I'm a little suspicious of it myself because it isn't clear to me how it relates to the dynamics of the primary Enneagram model - I don't mean it's not useful, but that it seems to be bolted onto rather than integrated into the main theory so it leaves me a little confused about how these things relate together. It does seem natural, though, to assume we have a preference in each of the head, heart and gut sections.

Have you got these links? The Fauvres developed this aspect of the Enneagram.

https://www.katherinefauvre.com/tritype
https://enneagramtritypetest.com/

@Misty you are a big tritype enthusiast - do you have any recommendations on literature or other web sites?

Thank you, John, and so sorry for my late reply. I somehow missed notification for this.
Yes, I've checked these and the Fauvre's work and I've listened to some videos of hers. I didn't find much about our tritype (what I did find interesting is how at one point she used the example of Daniel Day Lewis and his approach to method acting to illustrate this tritype's deep immersion into their own world :))

Introspection, probably. I was in between 1w2 and 3w4, and I realized that my integration/disintegration patterns matched more with 1 than 3. Also, my idealism and perfectionism (at the sake of efficiency) also sets me apart from a 3, even an SP 3.

Reactions: flower