The Enneagram - How did you determine your type? | INFJ Forum

The Enneagram - How did you determine your type?

hithere

Banned
May 28, 2020
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
I don't think the tests are any good. They leave me more confused.
Whereas MBTI seems to be focused more on personality, the Enneagram seems to try and tell me what my values are. How can that be inherent?

I'm curious how others determined their type.
What clicked for you?
What made you realize you were x type?

Whereas MBTI seems to be focused more on personality, the Enneagram seems to try and tell me what my values are. How can that be inherent?

What clicked for you?

I havent determined my type.. for me its mbti that leaves me confused.. i seem to score more consistent on ennea.. with mbti ive had loads of times i thought it clicked but i also scored different many times

giphy.gif

From what I know isfp seems to fit with the 4-6-9 combination, but I am far from an expert.
At one point you scored infj? You do seem to be more free spirited than the typical infj - in a good way :smiley:! But what do I know...
And the enneagram type 4 is also just a test result? Or does it resonate with you on a deeper level?

From what I know isfp seems to fit with the 4-6-9 combination, but I am far from an expert.
At one point you scored infj? You do seem to be more free spirited than the typical infj - in a good way :smiley:! But what do I know...
And the enneagram type 4 is also just a test result? Or does it resonate with you on a deeper level?
yea.. ive scored infj.. but also i think, intp, infp and maybe some other stuff.. dont remember exactly.. a dear friend of mine says im definitely Ni.. aw, thx :relaxed:

yea the enea tri is also just a test result.. but ive scored a 4 and a 9 before.. also someone whos opinion i respect predicted the outcome of me taking the tritype test before i did.. i do feel like the 4 and 9 resonate with me though.. some times i think a lot might resonates with me because of my soul urge number, which has nothing to do with mbti or ennea.. maybe im just trippin :p

9 as is my life path which seems to resonate with ennea to me

I hear that.

oh my gosh.. i just realized my numbers in numerology are the same as my ennea:fearscream: *spooked* :tearsofjoy:

:openmouth:!!!

There's gotta be something to all this.
9 is your soul urge and life path and what are 4 and 6?

Maybe that's a good way to figure out my enneagram type... except there is no 11 in the enneagram and I don't want to be a 7 or an 8 :stressed:.

I hear that.

:openmouth:!!!

There's gotta be something to all this.
9 is your soul urge and life path and what are 4 and 6?

Maybe that's a good way to figure out my enneagram type... except there is no 11 in the enneagram and I don't want to be a 7 or an 8 :stressed:.
im sry but im not comfortable disclosing all of this just yet.. i got two 6's and one 4..

hmm.. there are days i wish i didnt dabble into numerology on a blue monday.. 8's seem braggy to me.. idk about 7's.. idk much rly.. but i like the zayin, the sword, blessing or curse.. it's like a wildcard.. i used to go by a name that had two of em :relaxed:

Understood :).

I don't really know much about numerology...
More into MBTI and the enneagram. But like I said, the enneagram has me pretty confused.
yea idk much about ennea either.. maybe i got "lucky" on that one.. who knows.. there prolly others on here that might give you better insight

What clicked for you?

It's more about your orientation of head-heart-gut.
We all use those but we lean on them at different times for different things.
It wasn't until I examined my negative sides/fears that I was fully convinced of being a 9.
enneagram-map.gif

0600ff85206b094a8aef323622c0ac75.png

It wasn't until I examined my negative sides/fears that I was fully convinced of being a 9.
enneagram-map.gif

I like that method of examining negative side/ fears to determine type, but I think we tend to retreat into different fears/ negative behavior depending on the situation.
It's hard to determine the dominant type. I like these "enneamaps" by the way - they're very clearly organized.

I like that method of examining negative side/ fears to determine type, but I think we tend to retreat into different fears/ negative behavior depending on the situation.
It's hard to determine the dominant type. I like these "enneamaps" by the way - they're very clearly organized.

It's more about a deep seeded subconscious fear than situational fear based reactions

enneagram-map.gif

I took this again today. I scored a 2w3.

I understand this too
And you're quite action-oriented for the sake of an ideal so I would say 1w2.
, so I might be 2w1. I resonate with it well although I can also relate with 2w3

I also got sp/sx

I took this again today. I scored a 2w3.

I understand this too
, so I might be 2w1. I resonate with it well although I can also relate with 2w3

I also got sp/sx

Yes I think you might be 2w1, it's a close one with 1w2. I would be a bit less convinced by 2w3.

In many ways you are a funnier/more playful version of Lisa from the Simpsons who is INFJ 1w2 by consensus!