The Cyborgs Are Coming! | INFJ Forum

The Cyborgs Are Coming!

................that's soooo :m033: sad.....

This was a dream/nightmare I had when I was little.

Call me creepy, but I'm encouraged by the advancements in translating neural signals to mechanical operations. I think it would be great if we could have our brains transferred to synthetic bodies when our natural ones start to wear out.

My question is: Can the machine think? Is it self-aware?

My question is: Can the machine think? Is it self-aware?

Well, is the cerebellum self-aware? In the rat experiment, the neurons were connecting and firing simply to operate the vehicle. Until some kind of evolution or immediate need for higher function is introduced, I doubt the neurons would form the kind of complete brain with which we are familiar.

I fear the coming of our evil immortal cyborg overlords.

Why would we want to make "evil immortal cyborg overlords"....

I just started my study of cognitive artificial intelligence. And from what I have learned so far, all these things are WAY more complicated then I could have imagined, if you look at the technology today, we are still taking baby steps. And we are definitely no where near to making a strong AI.

From what I understand this technology isn't about AI, like TLM said, human minds would be controlling machine bodies. As long as the condition of the brain is maintained then you could live forever.

60474-Royalty-Free-RF-Clipart-Illustration-Of-A-Smiling-Brain-Robot-With-Pincers-And-The-Brain-Floating-In-Green-Liquid.jpg

From what I understand this technology isn't about AI, like TLM said, human minds would be controlling machine bodies. As long as the condition of the brain is maintained then you could live forever.

My bad. I read it more as "making a brain"/figuring out how the brain works.
I just thought the results of these experiments would not be used at all to go further into the direction of "how to make a brain control a robot", but rather all the other areas that benefit from the knowledge on how the brain works (which led me to AI).

Ah I see, I think it's just my inner evilness that lead me to jump to the evilest of conclusions when it comes to new technology and it's implication.

You're probably right but that's less fun.

I look forward to self aware machines. I imagine that the world will be very different with them.

sounds interesting..I'm glad science is advancing..all I hope this is for the benefit of society..

I don't know about you but I would not want to be a hunk of metal one day, Your born you live and then you die. That's the way I think it should stay.

You know what, good.

Fantastic.

I honestly hope someday I can become a robot, or the population of humans can be filter out and replaced with intellegent robots. Humans are fuckin buggers.

I like humans as they are. I prefer to use robots to do jobs. (they don't mind) I hope some crazy humans do not start talking about "robot rights" or something like that.

I'm not afraid of extended artificial minds taking over the world, because they won't have the desire to dominate. This is a human desire, based on body weaknesses and deep childhood fears. Machine-minds without imperfect insecure bodies will not have to develop the fears, that make people power-hungry. At least, I believe so.

So cheers, it's good that we are getting closer.