soulseeker

Permanent Fixture
Dec 19, 2008
MBTI
INFJ
hello!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

do you have the awkward face!?!?!?
like when you are introduced to someone new
or when there's this person who's trying to explain to you something which you do not get and you take that as a favor
or whatever situation when you don't want to hurt the feelings of other people and when they're trying to tell you something.. you have the awkward face!?!?

i don't know... sometimes... i just can't express my feelings and i can't put on a plain straight face because i think that the person talking to me would feel that i don't like her or him.. and so.. i always smile... sometimes it looks awkward....

and sometimes.. i hate it when there are situations where there are a lot of cameras... there was this one time when everyone was serious because we had this music exam where we had to play the instrument... and we should concentrate... then someone took a picture.... and when it came out.. they were all laughing at me because i was the only one smiling while playing the instrument while all of them were concentrating... :(

so it's either an awkward face or sometimes i have this smiley face... i just can't help but smile... or make the awkward face :)

i don't know... sometimes... i just can't express my feelings and i can't put on a plain straight face because i think that the person talking to me would feel that i don't like her or him.. and so.. i always smile... sometimes it looks awkward....
:)

Yes i do think i have an awkward face...but i think it's more me
feeling awkward, rather than showing it on my face, if you
know what i mean?

And yes often i find myself consciously trying to put more
expression into my face, and trying to show a little more interest
on the outside, as people can take me as being bored even though
i'm only thinking and taking things in. I agree, i also often smile,
but if i feel that it'll come across as fake i try and soften my expression-
especially my eyes.

Aww yes I can relate to this. It's worse if I feel intimidated by the person - some people really do seem intimidating. I kind of have this face like someone just smacked my bottom, and then another person walked in and I'm trying to pretend it didn't hurt and didn't happen to the other person, whilst the nasty smacker is still watching my reactions, so when I try to smile - am I smiling or about to cry? - it's anyone's guess.

Ah well. New people usually warm up to me after a few weeks of forgetting their first impression, and if they're not around for long enough, well I don't have to worry do I? :D

Yeah, I sometimes get this either when I'm introduced to someone or when I don't know how to respond to someone. I also get it when people are talking to me and I'm in a smiley mood where I just can't stop the smile coming out. Then that makes me feel even more awkward because I worry what people will think when they're talking to me about a perfectly sensible idea and there I am smiling as if I was finding what they were saying very funny.

Aww yes I can relate to this. It's worse if I feel intimidated by the person - some people really do seem intimidating. I kind of have this face like someone just smacked my bottom, and then another person walked in and I'm trying to pretend it didn't hurt and didn't happen to the other person, whilst the nasty smacker is still watching my reactions, so when I try to smile - am I smiling or about to cry? - it's anyone's guess.

Ah well. New people usually warm up to me after a few weeks of forgetting their first impression, and if they're not around for long enough, well I don't have to worry do I? :D

LOL

(okay it wasn't meant to be funny but because i know what you mean firsthand)

i totally have awkward face...its really embarrassing sometimes!

Yes D:
I smile all the time. Even when I'm a bit angry I smile (which is pretty creepy).
I usually don't look 'awkward' but nervous and a bit scared - though lots of people don't pick this up because of the smile. I think it's become a kind of nervous habit to smile perpetually now o_O

Haha yes. But I try to make awkward face look like 'encouraging face'. Like I'm saying, "Yeah..? So... riiiight. Ok, so it's like this??" all the while my eyebrows are raised like I'm listening to a 3-year old tell me something and he can't quiet articulate what he wants to say.

All hail awkward situations!

Yes..

It is horrific and makes people wonder if I am a sociopath, but I assure you it is only because I have a horrible habit of smiling like an idiot or laughing when I am nervous/afraid/uncomfortable.

For example, I used to work in the kitchen of a nursing home and while on break with my co-workers outside, the undertaker guy or whathave you was bringing out a body on a stretcher. I saw it and immmediately began laughing... my co-workers gave me shit for months afterwards..

Ahhh yes ... awkward is my middle name.

I do have a face that goes with it.