The 2008 Recession Was Caused by Kindness | Page 5 | INFJ Forum

The 2008 Recession Was Caused by Kindness

I just wanna say I canceled my long planned Zumba Bahamian retreat because of you.

Because of me? Stu, don't do that! Please! I'm certain you, as a worker, deserve a good vacation. And a tax break.

Well i think some people (freaking nutcases) are beginning to wonder if they should take up arms again and reclaim their country.

It's happened before. (See:1860s) Also, that video led to a website selling iodine and various equipment to protect yourself against the coming apocalypse, so one wonders if it is actually a fantastic marketing plan cleverly disguised as paranoiac ranting? I wonder that anyway.

People are already dying though. There are US service men/women fighting and dying abroad in wars that Ron Paul would end, so perhaps his supporters (and people in general) are justified in feeling some frustration about the political system especially after many anti-war protests fell on deaf ears and the vote rigging in the Bush/Gore election. The reality of the US politicial system is that it's largely determined by money and it's largely stage managed by the power elite in a media circus.

Yes, but --- without sounding like someone who actually wants wars (I don't and I have many friends in the military who I would much prefer to be home, I worry about them every day) --- I'm sure there are many corrupt governments currently being opposed by the US. They are not all saints, you know. There are probably a few pot farmers who would also appreciate Ron Paul's suggestions very much, because they would find it much easier to sell their product. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but is is a conflict of interest.

I'm not taking a stand for or against Ron Paul, but there is more than one way to look at his suggestions, and there are many groups with conflicts of interest.

Yes, well this is derailed.

War is, and should always be considered, a breakdown of the political process. It should be protested and scrutinized. Manipulating a nation or group of nations into war should be considered a crime and vigorously prosecuted. There are many who believe that corporate interests (mainly the energy sector) pushed the US into an invasion of Iraq, estimated to have cost the US Gov $3 trillion by 2008 at the onset of the Bank Crisis.

IN my opinion the over extension of US military power sapped the US economy of the resilience it needed to absorb the shock of the recession.

but you did

There is no doubt that the the US military presence in Afghanistan is both highly professional and stabilizing. But it is too little, too late.

This attitude that the perpetrators of invasion of Iraq, which doomed the American mission in Afghanistan to failure, are "out of bounds" when it comes to being held accountable for what amounts to criminal behavior is detrimental to our development of a more civilized world society. (that's right, I said it "world society")

Last edited:
Last edited:
I think I liked being thought a tax cheat better.

I wasn't actually entirely sure what zumba was so i youtube'd it and found a video of some bronzed ladies doing zumba on the beach in the bahamas.....so how much is a ticket to the bahamas anyway? What were we talking about?:

[video=youtube;QmIrSgTsW-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmIrSgTsW-k[/video]

It's happened before. (See:1860s) Also, that video led to a website selling iodine and various equipment to protect yourself against the coming apocalypse, so one wonders if it is actually a fantastic marketing plan cleverly disguised as paranoiac ranting? I wonder that anyway..

I think there is a financial catastrophe coming. I've been saying on this forum that the claims by the media that the economy is improving are lies and sure enough today in the mainstream UK media it is saying that we are now in a 'double dip' recession (as i predicted): http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2012/apr/25/eurozone-crisis-live-uk-double-dip-recession

But this is still not the truth. The reality is that we are crashing headlong into a global depression. There's a very good reason for this. It's a psychological exercise to change the public's perceptions on a massive scale. The world controllers create a massive crisis and then when everyone is staring into a financial morass and teetering on the edge of the abyss of despair, the elite will then offer their solution (which they had prepared all along). People will then rush to that new situation with relief because it seems much better than the financial abyss they were looking into only moments before.

It's the wisdom of Solomon. 2 women came to him each claiming that a child belonged to them, so he said he would cut the child in two so that they could each have a half. The real mother, staring into the abyss of her childs destruction, compromised and said 'let her take the child, but don't harm it'

Thesis, antithesis and synthesis

The elite use the political left and the political right to create a centre (a synthesis) of their choosing which people will then compromise to

Its pretty clever and its fascinating to watch it all happen. New order from the chaos like a phoenix rising from the ashes...i'm not sure about iodine though it makes water taste funny and it doesn't kill all the common pathogens.....better to boil the water well and filter it through charcoal

Yes, but --- without sounding like someone who actually wants wars (I don't and I have many friends in the military who I would much prefer to be home, I worry about them every day) --- I'm sure there are many corrupt governments currently being opposed by the US. They are not all saints, you know. There are probably a few pot farmers who would also appreciate Ron Paul's suggestions very much, because they would find it much easier to sell their product. Which is not necessarily a bad thing, but is is a conflict of interest.

I'm not taking a stand for or against Ron Paul, but there is more than one way to look at his suggestions, and there are many groups with conflicts of interest.

Yes, well this is derailed.

I think all governments are going to have some corruption as all centralised power will

The power elite and their neoliberal allies have toppled governments in recent years in: Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Serbia and now they are going after Syria and Iran

The reason for this is that none of these countries are playing the game! They are not 'liberalising' their markets. They are not opening up their markets to outside corporate interests or privatising everything so that the global bankers can buy it all up

So the western media demonises them, sanctions starve them, whilst covert operations subvert them and if all that fails then full blown military operations are launched. One by one countries are forced at the point of a gun to join the neoliberal club as they pull back from the abyss (listen to Kissinger say as much in the clip i posted earlier in the thread)

The housing bubble is just one chapter in a much larger story. Some people seem stunned that the government or regulators can let all this happen....but its all happening for a reason

The question in my mind is how bumpy is the transition going to be?

I wasn't actually entirely sure what zumba was so i youtube'd it and found a video of some bronzed ladies doing zumba on the beach in the bahamas.....so how much is a ticket to the bahamas anyway? What were we talking about?:

[video=youtube;QmIrSgTsW-k]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmIrSgTsW-k[/video]

Allright Muir, you can come. You've got to get yourself to Miami or Fort Lauderdale, FL first, and from there it is about $350 for a 5-day trip to the Bahamas. Which is why it is not really elite. But don't get your hopes up too much about the Zumba ladies, they don't all look like that! And there are also Zumba men.

Will there be zumba in the new world order this is only temporary?

Hell yes! That is if I have anything to do with it. I will have no part of any revolution that disallows unihibited self expression or dance.