Terror | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Terror

Advice is one means whereby memetic colonisation can occur, and I do not apologise for resisting attempts at such. Or, for that matter, for not being thankful for attempts at it.

I don't look down on it, either. I simply reserve the right not to acknowledge or accept it. If I had asked for it, my responses would be different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well that was quite an interesting read, Lyra, if there's nothing else I can say as a brainless automaton. I dig the writing style though I can't understand a lot of the Tarot-based stuff.

I love how Lyra made animated smilies with her own blood. =D

Enjoy being a god/dess, just don't stab too many people with goat horns or my fellow automaton oppressors will lock you up or execute you all the same, and won't that just be a shame. The death of the only real human. RIP

Reactions: NeverAmI
Are you something distinct from the other disgusting, lumbering, complexes of flesh?
You are the same cancer as the rest of us. NOM Nom nom!
This all just sounds like a touch of grandiose narcissicsm.

Last edited:
Read post #13, acd. The end answers your question.*

Edit: call it what you like. I'm describing my experiences and offering my thoughts, as they are to me and as I think about them internally. I'm not going to moderate them in an attempt to elicit more favorable judgments and comments, although doing so would be easy. I explained the reason for that in my post about Plato.**

I'd really appreciate it if people actually read and thought about what I've said before vituperating, though. The personality-change experiment I described in #13 actually took place, driven by a desire for true understanding-- I don't see how that's reconcilable with 'This all just sounds like a touch of grandiose narcissicsm [sic]'.

I also think that my dedicating months of my life to experiencing the problems at hand here (partially through the personality-change experiment with Tarot cards, formerly described), and actively seeking an understanding of and conscious apprehension of the darker regions of the human psyche, should excuse my not being inclined to accept momentarily-formulated 'advice' by people who don't even address the issues I raise and which motivated me to spend years of my life contemplating these issues. Easy solutions-- and monosyllabic (see below) assertion of 'the good' and 'safe', which is precisely what I meant to embody a challenge to when I first started along this path-- are not satisfactory.

---

*('She stood up, and turned.

She caught her reflection in the mirror on the cottage-wall. She screamed.

She ran out her house into the woods, frenziedly seeking a human. She found many people, but no humans anywhere. She screamed and screamed.

Her lips don't move anymore, but she has never stopped screaming since, and has never seen a human being again.
')

**(http://forum.infjs.com/showpost.php?p=243701&postcount=6: 'This good. Is this Platonic? I walk amongst his Forms and see them aberrating, I hear his assertion of the monosyllable– worst of all, I agree with him. And then– rip. Trauma. Human waste, human pain, the horror of uncountable existences sundered from themselves by the pain of noble over ugly. The pain of you are not right and this is purer than you.')

I did read it.

I'm not sure if you're serious or just being creative. I do admire your writing and imagination skills, for whatever that's worth to you.

As far as I can tell, you don't accept an objective morality of good/evil, as such, in my interpretation, you see yourself as above others that do because in realizing this you are able to advance in your potential.
Simple enough concept without being esoteric.

Last edited:
Hence why I asked for your definition. :p

Heh. I think that it's best to leave it somewhat amorphous, as the meaning is best explained by the structure of the post itself. However, I can say that 'human' refers to how humans (and their world) seem from within humanity-- the human frequency-- before 'something breaks'. 'Human' designates something more general and objective, not necessarily confined to the inside.

Heh. I think that it's best to leave it somewhat amorphous, as the meaning is best explained by the structure of the post itself. However, I can say that 'human' refers to how humans (and their world) seem from within humanity-- the human frequency-- before 'something breaks'. 'Human' designates something more general and objective, not necessarily confined to the inside.

So, a gross generalization of the entire population of humanity?

You say what you perceive humans as now. Not what you perceived them as then.

What? How... on earth did you go from my post to that?

Please clarify.

Advice is one means whereby memetic colonisation can occur, and I do not apologise for resisting attempts at such. Or, for that matter, for not being thankful for attempts at it.

I don't look down on it, either. I simply reserve the right not to acknowledge or accept it. If I had asked for it, my responses would be different.

i'm late to the party, but i can relate to those sentiments. sometimes being offered advice when you don't ask for it is more annoying than helpful. hope you got what you were looking for, in any case.

What? How... on earth did you go from my post to that?

Please clarify.

Without a better definition of your subjective term of human, from a fundamental root of this transformation you describe, I have no basis to understand any sort of transformation that took place. How am I to know you weren't simply born with this outlook?

Your post seemingly gives a conclusion without any premise to pull from.

I mean, I can read your post as many times as I want, but I may need help in understanding the root underlying message of what you are attempting to convey.

Walking through London has become infinitely more horrifying than any of the childish fantasies of Lovecraft or Blackwood. The horror isn't far away or imagined, or behind appearance; it's there, and I can't escape from it. The fragile raft of humanness has disintegrated, and what I see now are... these disgusting, lumbering complexes of flesh, arranged into alien shapes and utterly blind to their own hideousness. I am drowning in the sea that that fragile raft keeps the human atop of; a sea of perception where humans are other, and where the human doesn't exist.

I can't go atop again. And what we look like from everywhere but our little raft is... just horrific.

maybe you're onto something. it's an intriguing way of looking at humanity. i invite you to write an essay on it, elaborating on the idea. as of yet, you've described the tip of the ice berg. imo it's not much different than the claims of others who say humanity is utterly beautiful and perfect; what you're describing is somewhat the reverse.

Narcissism is best expressed privately and self-gratification is best done behind closed doors. That is, please spare us the self-centered angst. Clearly, you're writing for yourself, not others. You don't need to be here. Start a diary.

Narcissism is best expressed privately and self-gratification is best done behind closed doors. That is, please spare us the self-centered angst. Clearly, you're writing for yourself, not others. You don't need to be here. Start a diary.

? norton, that was uncalled for. what's self centered angst to you could be a profound and significant message to others. lyra has as much right to post here as anyone, including you.

Reactions: Raccoon Love
I'm not sure if you're serious or just being creative. I do admire your writing and imagination skills, for whatever that's worth to you.
Is it possible you're caught up in a mental game of dissecting and glorifying what you see/think? There is SO MUCH mental activity teeming off the page... and that's great but I wonder where you are in all of this?
Incisive.

You might call it an explosion of Ni, expressing itself through tales told and images created in Fe.

Or, a quick thought spun into an elaborate life story, because the thought was so intriuging.

That's partly why advice is irrelevant; what I've discussed in this thread isn't how I normally think. It's a new way of connecting the dots of experience, imagined in an instant and presented to others (for others, Norton, not written merely as 'self-gratification') in the hope of widening the scope of of the collective consciousness. Like a character in an author's book, it shouldn't be taken as representative of me.

Imagination! There's no need to become so earnest and prescriptive at the first sight of the unseemly!

We must make the dark conscious, as it is in itself, if we are to evolve beyond duality. Now, the dark is only spoken of when it is spoken against or being hurried away. That is not the way beyond-- it must be stared into and accepted for what it is, not always turned away from and warned against. Advice is anathema to that.

Humanity is still afraid of the dark and the monsters under the bed. It is a little child. At the slightest hint of them, it needs to hear childish stories and to turn its eyes away from what it fears. Advice. Advice. Advice. Humanity must overcome this, and grow older.

If obsession with the good etiolates it, it must be injected artificially with growth hormones. Darkness. That is why I do what I do. We are so much less than what we could be. We must develop.