Talk about health | INFJ Forum

Talk about health

Roger

Oct 7, 2009
MBTI
ENFP
Enneagram
-
How can a person become more mentally healthy????

I saw this question unanswered on internet and thought to put here. :)

It is interesting question.

My answer to this question: We should be thankful for things we had in our life. When we are thankful for anything, it means we are happy. This is can help to make us happy.

We should read or talk about positive things, should watch comedy movies, or something good which can makes us happy and feel good. I am doing this and i answered here.

But i want more opinions, i know you people must have different and inspiring answers.

What a beautiful avatar. :)

Good questions. I think that one must learn to keep other people's baggage on other people, and your own just on yourself. That's one very important thing.

A second thought is that no one should be afraid to seek help - from friends, loved ones, counseling or even medication if it helps. Or even an occasional pint of ice cream.

A third thought is to keep harmful people at an emotional distance from yourself.

That's all I've got until I drink more coffee.

Last edited:
Find time for yourself everyday to acknowledge your own personal feelings, even if for a moment, whether or not you have the time or feel you deserve it. When we don't acknowledge feelings or suppress them, this can lead to frustration and resentment, building negative impressions. Especially for INFXs, it helps for us to have some quiet time to ourselves to relax, reflect, rejuvenate, so that we can feel refreshed and take on the next task, responsibility, or problem we're dealing with.

Several thoughts on this from the "vault of assorted collections which seems to be my life."

Many years ago I began looking at healthy groups of people I was noticing, groups where the individuals thrived both as part of the group and on their own, individuals that seemed to be happy, well-rounded, and engaged....and this over the long term of a lifetime. I was seeing certain balances at work, and I tried to learn from this. To me there seemed to be these elements.....prayer/silence, work, play/rest, study, service. Some of these had social aspects in the group but most were individual, self-guided aspects. I think, adding my own experience as well, that there are some very delicate interplays between all these that generate health. Active/work expressions are balanced by silence/prayer, that and study empowers service, play is a disengagement allowing a sense of humor...you get the idea. To me this has been a great, balancing approach...not in a rigid sense (I don't do rigid), but recognizing the call of each in our lives and seeing them all as part of a whole....making room for them all.

I have seen some major stressors in my life over the years, and actually live with some permanent loss (life will do that to all of us), but these different modes help(ed) me to keep my feet on the ground and engaged in a hopeful, positive way....and I can still have a good chuckle over the whole thing.

I would be remiss if I did not call out the role of study in all this. Maybe this is just for me, but study....not lots of it, but engaging in the best I could find...helped give me a sense of the time we live in, a long-view perspective, an ability to operate more freely from the swirling mass of "input soup" we live in today. Being more planted in concepts that stood the test of time gave me a sort of bedrock which actually allowed me more creative freedom to engage life with less fear, more openness, and even more daring.

Last edited:
more mentally healthy.. good question. I would say you need to get out of your comfort zone more frequently, so things don't surprise or stress you out when they don't go the way you're used to. for example, if you're usually alone, it's wise to spend more time with others. if you have a bad temper, you need to deliberately face situations that will anger you, and learn to deal with them. basically, face your weaknesses head on. if you can do that, you'll gain confidence and become a more rounded, happier person.

more mentally healthy.. good question. I would say you need to get out of your comfort zone more frequently, so things don't surprise or stress you out when they don't go the way you're used to. for example, if you're usually alone, it's wise to spend more time with others. if you have a bad temper, you need to deliberately face situations that will anger you, and learn to deal with them. basically, face your weaknesses head on. if you can do that, you'll gain confidence and become a more rounded, happier person.

May, you know what i am thinking about this comment. We humans think most of the time, how we can remain in comfort zone. I am guessing, there should be levels for comfort zones. Just we have to find new idea or replace thinking and get comfortable with situation. I want to discuss more of this. Interested.