Superiority | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Superiority

It's my first post here - hey guys.

On topic; I find this to be generally true. It isn't my intent however, I have never told anyone directly that my perspective is superior to their own, least not because I'm INFJ. I've spoken to people about how I enjoy a different perspective to everyone else, I think that sentiment unfortunately lends itself to an air of superiority. I generally have little verging no interest in most people so I make an effort to make those I do speak to feel special, privileged. However most people seem to appreciate it more than anything. I speak about how most people are shallow, dis-interesting, and I think the fact that I identify with the people I speak to makes them feel like I must perceive them to be someone special too.

So in laymen's terms: you are a snob, but it's okay (according to you) because it comes naturally. Because you are a snob all the proles you talk to feel special because they get the honor of mingling with you.

Omg, Duck [MENTION=7715]ChronoJoe[/MENTION]! It looks like you kicked up the magic fairy Fe Dust and now you are gonna choke on it. Not that your post isn't rather obnoxious in a way but you are relatively young...

So in laymen's terms: you are a snob, but it's okay (according to you) because it comes naturally. Because you are a snob all the proles you talk to feel special because they get the honor of mingling with you.

Actually I don't think it's like that. I don't think of myself as better than most people. I think I am a much better judge of character than most people are. As a person I'm not happy with myself at all. I don't believe they should be privileged to be in my company, It just seems that's the way I make them feel. I speak almost exclusively to girls (not because a vagina is a prerequisite for my company but because I have a deep distrust of male relationships), and I find they attach themselves to me very easily. They enjoy the fact that I look at them differently to most guys. I see, and ask them about much more than what's on the surface. Which is why I get a lot of women using me as a confidant.

As far as egotism and whatnot are concerned I don't conceive myself to be a snob. I just seem to have a way of making people feel special. Again, I don't think that's because I'm special, as in better. I think it's because I'm different. I'm not particularly narcissistic as far as I'm aware, I mean you don't find many narcissists with self-esteem low enough to self-harm, for instance. However what I am is honest, and I came here to be honest with my responses. Apologies if it was something you didn't want to hear.

In terms of people being special though. I think everyone is special, but I think a lot of people are lost and struggling to find themselves. I was depressed for the longest time now and who I am now is a product of escaping that. I'm relatively unique in the way that I'm able to speak to people, verbal intelligence scores on a wais-iv test place me in the top 0.5%, combined with a high IQ and INFJ personality type and a background in psychology, it makes me a good conversationalist and pseudo-counselor.

Everyone features a combination of variables that effectively makes them unique, and in-fact very 'special' relative to their social environment. A male INFJ is 1/200, 0.5% VIQ is another 1/200 (200*200), male with a background in psychology is 1/10. Attributing these simple variables together alone places me at 1/400,000. These variables combine to produce the reason I am special, everyone else has their own, even if they don't understand it yet. I believe that understanding what makes you special and playing to that advantage is what will make you appear so to others. It does not make you better than them, and I don't think of myself as better than most people in my social environment.

Last edited:
Yes its true self labeled INFJs often feel its important to tell people how rare, special and superior they are.

I have told people what type I am seeking theirs and our likenesses. I stress on the rareness to somewhat simplify any difficulties I have in translating my thoughts and feelings into understandable sentences that represent what I may have wanted to say. Superior to what, exactly?

Last edited: