Super powerful movie scenes | Page 9 | INFJ Forum

Super powerful movie scenes

this scene can bring tears to my eyes from sentimentality...but so too can it do so when considered from the context of human psychology, self-narrative, esteem, validation, actualization, ego-death, false face, mental health, neurosis, and so on...maybe it’s just me, but I see this is a vignette of a would-be therapeutic model...

this scene can bring tears to my eyes from sentimentality...but so too can it do so when considered from the context of human psychology, self-narrative, esteem, validation, actualization, ego-death, false face, mental health, neurosis, and so on...maybe it’s just me, but I see this is a vignette of a would-be therapeutic model...

I'm a millennial and I watched the wizard of oz for the first time a month ago and I had a good chuckle when the tinman was like "Dorothy what have you learnt?" Dorothy says something along the lines of "I won't go looking further than my own back yard for my hearts desire again". It was so setup, like she was this light hearted, slow talking and average intelligence girl just whip out this prophetic wisdom on the spot exactly when asked. It was kinda the equivalent of putting Arnold Schwarzenegger in a serious role in a movie and then just pulling out a machine gun on command at then end and saying "trust me". I felt it was only supported by the narrative but required a lot of introspection by Dorothy first, so it was more like "HAY AUDIENCE, THIS IS WHAT YOU'RE MEANT TO TAKE HOME". I liked it overall, but it was a chuckle moment.

Last edited:
One of my favourite scenes ever…can’t copy the one I want for unknown reason!

it’s at 1:38 when he breaks down after concert, probably because he realised his father has died. I also like to think he gets that feeling of deep bittersweet when you feel a force so powerful it’s overwhelming. After years in a mental hospital, to then have this kind of adulation is bound to feel incredible. It’s like you feel something so great you want to exist within it forever but know you can’t. A feeling of transitory exaltation. A deep connection, dare I say Fe (or will cog function police come down on me lol).

Last edited:

Just wanted to say, thank you all for the contributions to this thread. I eventually will share some of my faves but I’m seriously enjoying post after post.

That’s a long deleted scene. I found this movie very interesting and moving. It can seem superficial but it’s pretty deep. It somewhat reflects my current experiences and perspectives of feeling lost and deeply sad and melancholic but also with a deep burning inside. The girl I recently met feels like a soul mate but there’s a big age gap and I still don’t know how she feels about me. She’s made me feel things I have never felt before and my world feels like it’s slowly falling apart. It’s like a new layer of perception has been opened to me, but it’s not one that makes life easier, quite the opposite.

Last edited:

A scene from the series, The Young Pope, set in the future. All the Cardinals are pissed off at the new Pope, and he makes them wait for his inaugural address, to show he doesn't care about their politics. Dropping all semblance of collegiality and performative humility, he dons the full papal garb to the song "I'm sexy and I know it", and has himself carried in, further pissing off the political Cardinals.

At the end of his address, he forces a particularly weasely cardinal to kiss his shoe. So fucking savage.

Reactions: Jonah Caan and aeon

The Star Child Reborn: Final image from 2001:A Space Odyssey(1968)
upload_2023-5-18_4-39-50.png

There are so many iconic scenes in 2001:A Space Odyssey(1968), that it would be cliche to go through it. But I was thinking a bit today on the narrative structure of the film. The director, Stanley Kubrick, admitted himself that one of the aims for making the movie was to use the film medium as a means for making a "modern myth" and "change the form" of narrative structure via cinematic techniques.

I found a pretty fun, quick, and thought-provoking article that helps breakdown the narrative structure of 2001; and it this reveals how nicely it fits within "Golden Fleece" story archetypes(not unlike Homer's Odyssey and even Tolkien's The Lord of The Rings Trilogy.)

url: https://savethecat.com/beat-sheets/2001-a-space-odyssey-beat-sheet
While 2001 has been called everything from “episodic” to “formless,” it also manages to hit STC! beats in its own unique way...
The key to unlocking this structure is to look at Mankind as the Protagonist, and the story as an immensely ambitious Golden Fleece.
...[narrative archetype]: Epic Fleece

Team: Mankind
Road: Space and Time
Prize: Knowledge of the Unknown (God)
Dark Night of the Soul: The tools have taken over. HAL reveals he couldn’t allow Dave and Poole to jeopardize the mission by decommissioning him. HAL ends the conversation because it can serve no further purpose.

Dave’s moment of clarity is that he can’t rely on technology for his survival.

Dave must risk his life and leave the pod without a helmet. Manually using the pod’s Explosive Bolts, Dave jettisons himself out of the pod toward the Discovery’s emergency airlock.
Executing New Plan: And now we, and presumably Dave, are taken into the monolith, and we find ourselves back in space beside the Earth. We’ve come home.

16 Star ChildA Star Child is revealed beside the Earth.

As if Dave has returned from Mankind’s space odyssey reborn into a creature that no longer needs tools to navigate space.

Final Image: The Star Child turns, and looks right at us. What more need be said?

If we want to know what it all means, we’ll have to be like Dave, and reach…