Barnabas

Time Lord
Oct 7, 2009
Florida man
MBTI
wiblywobly
Enneagram
timeywimey
So my question is. Is there more use in being dominant in you functions or to multifunctional?

It could go either way, depending on how either methods is implemented. Both have their advantages, and disadvantages.

I am more of the strong type, and not so much multifaceted. I stick to the top four functions I know best, Ni, Si, Fe, and Te. Deviating from these is hard for me. The advantage these give me is I have a strong grasp on all of them, and can use them in most any way (in particular, Ni, which I have a very very strong hold on). All four of these put together makes for all judging sets, and as such I am an extremely strong judger. It makes me firm, direct, planned, ordered, keeps me out of trouble, and lets me "know" what is coming up. The disadvantage of this is that should I need to use any of the other four functions in heavy use, I become "lost" and unconfortable, I don't know how to use them well, nor do I really want to.

The flip side of this is not nesscarrly being strong in one function, or a set of them, but having a decent grasp on nearly all of them. This allows one to bounce between all of them and navigate any situation. However, it is extremely rare for someone to be adept in all functions, so "mistakes" are often made as each function is not developed to the point where they are completely reliable. It also makes it hard for this person to truly know themselves, as they are in a way all over the place.

It could go either way, depending on how either methods is implemented. Both have their advantages, and disadvantages.

I am more of the strong type, and not so much multifaceted. I stick to the top four functions I know best, Ni, Si, Fe, and Te. Deviating from these is hard for me. The advantage these give me is I have a strong grasp on all of them, and can use them in most any way (in particular, Ni, which I have a very very strong hold on). All four of these put together makes for all judging sets, and as such I am an extremely strong judger. It makes me firm, direct, planned, ordered, keeps me out of trouble, and lets me "know" what is coming up. The disadvantage of this is that should I need to use any of the other four functions in heavy use, I become "lost" and unconfortable, I don't know how to use them well, nor do I really want to.

The flip side of this is not nesscarrly being strong in one function, or a set of them, but having a decent grasp on nearly all of them. This allows one to bounce between all of them and navigate any situation. However, it is extremely rare for someone to be adept in all functions, so "mistakes" are often made as each function is not developed to the point where they are completely reliable. It also makes it hard for this person to truly know themselves, as they are in a way all over the place.

I just wonder because i scored relatively low on all but my I, the rest were in the twenties and on the self-evaluation I came out as ISTP.

So my question is. Is there more use in being dominant in you functions or to multifunctional?

Multifunctional to be balanced. But you might be more successful in your career if you used one function dominantly.

I just wonder because i scored relatively low on all but my I, the rest were in the twenties and on the self-evaluation I came out as ISTP.

I reccomend taking this test, then posting the results in this thread. It gives much deeper insight. You have to answer truthfully to who you really are though, not who you hope to ideally be in situations (it's surprizingly hard to do).

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************* (19.5)
limited use
introverted Sensing (Si) ***************************** (29.6)
average use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************************* (37)
excellent use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ********************************* (33.5)
good use
extraverted Thinking (Te) *************** (15.3)
unused
introverted Thinking (Ti) ********************************* (33.8)
good use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) *********************************** (35.8)
good use
introverted Feeling (Fi) *********************************** (35.7)
good use

can you help me understand this a little better?

By those results I would say ENFP. However, as your numbers are rather close, you are some kind of NF varient that's hard to sort out (a few members here fall into this catagory). I would say ENFP, but only just.

I doubt I'm an E of any sort, I'm a very introverted person.

I doubt I'm an E of any sort, I'm a very introverted person.

I would say INFP, just because your Fi is almost as strong as your Ne, If your a very introverted person, then you could go Fi-Ne-Si-Te..makes sense considering your low Te score..you will develop that process later on in life.

I feel like these results may have some bias, I prefer the pen and paper test. It was a requirement for all students to take it in ministry as life's work (class). I think that maybe just having a little understanding may have caused me to over think the test, taking it the first time I had no care to figure out what type was and what mine might be. So I just answered the questions as like second nature. now I spend more time thinking them over.