Starfire | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Starfire

Superman wants to be Clark Kent as much as Lex Luthor secretly wants to be Superman. Its where he derives his hope that spurs him on to save people and not go crazy.

He is only a man, after all. Albeit super.

Last edited:
You might say the main difference between Superman and the powers and forces he faces against is Clark Kent.

Last edited:
Someone once said that there is no Superman, only Clark Kent pretending to be Superman. Meanwhile there is no Bruce Wayne, only Batman pretending to be Bruce Wayne.

The reason that Clark keeps his day job is because he can't let go of the fact that he thinks of himself as Clark Kent, and as a 'normal person', having a day job is something that 'normal people' do.

Meanwhile, Batman only ever uses his Bruce Wayne mask to further his ends as Batman. Batman has the motivation to be the full time super hero you've mentioned. Clark does not.

Someone once said that there is no Superman, only Clark Kent pretending to be Superman. Meanwhile there is no Bruce Wayne, only Batman pretending to be Bruce Wayne.

The reason that Clark keeps his day job is because he can't let go of the fact that he thinks of himself as Clark Kent, and as a 'normal person', having a day job is something that 'normal people' do.

Meanwhile, Batman only ever uses his Bruce Wayne mask to further his ends as Batman. Batman has the motivation to be the full time super hero you've mentioned. Clark does not.

See, that's almost selfish in a way. He has all this incredible power, he could do a world of good. Every minute he runs around pretending to be a regular ol' joe, is another minute where many die or suffer.

Furthermore, if he wants to be human, why spend so much time away from earth saving the galaxy with the rest of the justice league? Shouldn't they concentrate their efforts?

They made this character so much larger than life that they've completely divorced him from what it means to be human... Trying to stuff a bit of "humanness" into him via having him run around in a suit and changing in telephone booths is like sticking an elephant into a needle's eye. It's forced. He can't be all. He's beyond mythological proportions now.

Last edited:
But that's selfish in a way. He has all this incredible power, he could do a world of good. Every minute he runs around pretending to be a regular ol' joe, is another minute where many die or suffer.

Furthermore, if he wants to be human, why spend so much time away from earth saving the galaxy with the rest of the justice league? Shouldn't they concentrate their efforts?

Again, bad writers.

Just curious, but have you ever watched Smallville?

Again, bad writers.

Just curious, but have you ever watched Smallville?

I see where you're going with this, and I'd like to underscore that I'm strictly talking about the canon character, as a comic icon and the way most of the world knows him.

I have nothing against alternate interpretations; in fact, I welcome them, as I usually find them a dozen times more interesting. Smallville was great, although as far as I'm concerned, the show ended with season six.

Last edited:
I see where you're going with this, and I'd like to underscore that I'm strictly talking about the canon character, as a comic icon and the way most of the world knows him.

I'll give you this one. Bad writers have done a piss poor job of developing the canon character, and constantly writing themselves into corners and contradictions.

I have nothing against alternate interpretations; in fact, I welcome them, as I usually find them a dozen times more interesting. Smallville was great, although as far as I'm concerned, the show ended with season six.

Smallville was the much needed reinvention of the character. As far as I'm concerned, that's my version of Superman. Also, as far as I'm concerned, Smallville ended with episode 100, which was in the middle of season 5. When they lost Jonathan, that show lost it's soul. However, when the writer's strike lost them their creative team, it really went downhill from there. Personally, I blame the casting director they hired for season 4. Seasons 1 through 3 had an amazing cast. Season 4, we start getting these really terrible actors who have no chemistry with the existing cast and can't act their way out of a paper bag... and to be quite honest are just plain unattractive. I'm ranting... heh, I'll stop.

I always had the hint that Starfire was either a INFJ or INFP. I've read both the comics and the watched cartoon networks series. I much prefer cartoon networks portrayal of all the characters.

Starfire in the comics reminds me of Storm from X-men, although its been a while since I've read the Teen Titan graphic novels.

Let's get this back on track...

Do you think that the Starfire character as portrayed by the Teen Titans animated series is an especially INFJ personality?

From what little I've seen of the series, I would say she's more of a typical ESFP than a typical INFJ. Excitable, curious, outgoing, in the moment, telling stories of her home planet, observant, group-oriented, etc.

In the comics, she's an ENFJ.

Regardless of the reincarnation, I'd be hard pressed to call her a introvert.

You'll find most of the N-types in the Batman universe.

Batman - INTJ
Scarecrow - INFX
Robin/Nightwing - ENTP
Joker - ENTP
Barbara Gordon (as Oracle) - INTP
Barbara Gordon (as Batgirl) - ENFP
Harvey Dent - XNFJ

Last edited:
you know if you draw an analogy between Team Titans and Winnie the Pooh, Starfire would be Tigger and Raven, Eeyore ;)

you know if you draw an analogy between Team Titans and Winnie the Pooh, Starfire would be Tigger and Raven, Eeyore ;)

lol. Agreed. And yeah, Tigger isn't an INFJ :p

He's an ADHD

Hah, yeah. The two of them are often cited as examples of the two predominant types of ADD. Where Tigger is hyper-active, Eeyore is the primarily inattentive type.

^ I agree with you TDHT, she seems more ESFP. Pooh bear is more INFJ i think?

Beast Boy is the Tigger of that show.

From what little I've seen of the series, I would say she's more of a typical ESFP than a typical INFJ. Excitable, curious, outgoing, in the moment, telling stories of her home planet, observant, group-oriented, etc.

INFJs are exictable, especially about their friends. They're also curious, observant, and group oriented. She's not outgoing, and not especially in the moment, always telling stories about the random stuff that pops into her head which is very disconnected from everyone else.

^ I agree with you TDHT, she seems more ESFP. Pooh bear is more INFJ i think?

Pooh is an INFP.

INFJs are exictable, especially about their friends. They're also curious, observant, and group oriented. She's not outgoing, and not especially in the moment, always telling stories about the random stuff that pops into her head which is very disconnected from everyone else.

o_O;

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbNuoQTiGc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTbNuoQTiGc[/ame]

Yeah, because the above completely SCREAMS INFJ.

Last edited:
In the comics, she's an ENFJ.

Regardless of the reincarnation, I'd be hard pressed to call her a introvert.

You know... the more I think about it, the more you are probably right about this. In fact, this is again showing me how I mistype people between INFJ and ENFJ. The character on the animated series is definitely Fe dominant. I'm not sure why that wasn't obvious to me. Maybe it's because I am too, and I keep assuming I'm an INFJ.