"Soylent": Man Thinks He Never Has To Eat Again | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

"Soylent": Man Thinks He Never Has To Eat Again

I've thought of something similar before. I even had the idea to deaden the nerves which react to flavour so all food would taste the same. I could have an extremely healthy diet without having to taste vegetables (I was ten at the time).

I've grown to enjoy food more and even the process of creating it since then, so such a product no longer appeals to me.

Reactions: Jet
I was thinking about this thread the other day. I'm more enthusiastic about this product than ever, it just isn't available in my country yet. I have way too many problems to want to worry about nutrition. Thinking about whether the food I'm eating is making me healthy or sick, whether it is harming animals and the environment, and what exactly to eat and how to get it, are a waste of time and energy for me. I can't wait to be free of the drudgery of food. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy it at a restaurant if I want to, or if someone cooks for me. It just means a whole lot of other things, like I'll probably be more healthy, I don't have to worry about food decomposing in the refrigerator, I don't have to negotiate the supermarket, I don't have to spend as much money, I don't have to pack food for work... everyday food is basically a pain that I can totally do without.

I was thinking about this thread the other day. I'm more enthusiastic about this product than ever, it just isn't available in my country yet. I have way too many problems to want to worry about nutrition. Thinking about whether the food I'm eating is making me healthy or sick, whether it is harming animals and the environment, and what exactly to eat and how to get it, are a waste of time and energy for me. I can't wait to be free of the drudgery of food. That doesn't mean I won't enjoy it at a restaurant if I want to, or if someone cooks for me. It just means a whole lot of other things, like I'll probably be more healthy, I don't have to worry about food decomposing in the refrigerator, I don't have to negotiate the supermarket, I don't have to spend as much money, I don't have to pack food for work... everyday food is basically a pain that I can totally do without.

Do you Australians still negotiate in the market? Food price is non negotiable here.

Reactions: invisible
Do you Australians still negotiate in the market? Food price is non negotiable here.

We don't haggle at the supermarket if that's what it seemed like I meant. By negotiating the supermarket, I meant going there, fiddling with the trollies and these annoying coin deposit things they have on them now, listening to children squealing, spending time deliberating over different products, standing in line at the checkout, transporting the groceries to the car and the destination, etc. I admit I would still have to go there anyway if I ate Soylent, but it seems like there would be less to do there if I could get most of my meals out of a single box.

Reactions: Faye, slant and the
If I had the money I'd probably do something like this. I dream of the day when food comes in food cubes, all your daily needs in just one little bite! Soylent has a coffee drink that is pretty awesome that I wanna try so bad.

Is it currently nutritionally complete? No, lol. They have done studies saying the opposite of soylent. But if it was, yes, that would be ideal for me.

Reactions: invisible
If I had the money I'd probably do something like this. I dream of the day when food comes in food cubes, all your daily needs in just one little bite! Soylent has a coffee drink that is pretty awesome that I wanna try so bad.

Is it currently nutritionally complete? No, lol. They have done studies saying the opposite of soylent. But if it was, yes, that would be ideal for me.

:-( Ah well, it was a pleasant dream while it lasted.

Reactions: slant
Yes but what about the pleasure of eating delicious food?