Soulmates vs. Being in love? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Soulmates vs. Being in love?

Soulmates vs. Being in love: Is there a difference in a relationship?

Soulmate is someone in love who is delusional about the relationship they're in. If two people are simultaneously delusional and the relationship is a good match, it could work out.

Just my opinion... figure out if you're soul-mates after you both are dead, that way you'll be certain about it, until then it's just speculation.

I hesitate with therm "soul mate" because it seems to imply a notion of fate. As if our lives our bound by destiny. I'm not sure how much I believe in that. Life is always unpredictable, always changing, and to think there's someone out there waiting to spend the rest of our lives with seems almost unrealistic. I think the most we can rely on is luck - good odds to find someone we can love. Nothing more.

I think this sketch kind of highlights the humour in believing there's "the one" out there waiting for us.

[video=youtube;JZGc2sIajMM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZGc2sIajMM[/video]

Reactions: Edith
I've been thinking about this a lot lately. I was pretty convinced that a very close friend was "the one" and it seems I was wrong. I do believe in soulmates, and I don't believe in staying with someone if you have persistent doubts - even if you feel that you're in love with them.

A friend sent me this article. Her conclusions are a little controversial but I found the stories interesting.

http://therumpus.net/2011/06/dear-sugar-the-rumpus-advice-column-77-the-truth-that-lives-there/

Love is such a feeble and inaccurate word in the english language. By itself it has no context, "I love my brother", "I love my wife", "I love chocolate cake."

The Greek language has 4 different words for "LOVE": Agape- unconditional love, and in my opinion, the most important and enduring; Phileo- the brotherly-type love you feel for a friend (i.e. Philadelphia); Storge- familial love- the love you feel for your parent or sibling even though you want to wring their neck; Eros- erotic love.

I think the love you have with a "soulmate" is a deep, abiding, enduring intimate agape love that is completely unconditional- both ways....

Reactions: Gaze
I don't believe in unconditional love. I don't think humans are really capable of true unconditional love.

I think of "soulmate" as someone you believe in your heart of hearts, looks at you and sees you, that you feel a deep and abiding sense of being known. I have met someone who made me feel that way and we were never in a sexual relationship with each other. "Being in love" with someone to me, means wanting to be in a committed sexual relationship with someone, to offer my love, support and energy to building something with this person. I have been in love with someone and did not feel he was my soulmate. I would prefer to "be in love" with a "soulmate".

I think soul mates are dependent on auras. Complimentary auras
are soul mates. You can have very many soul mates. Typically,
you settle on one, however.

Reactions: Nixie
I love my husband unconditionally, in that when we go through those periods of "for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health" (I promise every one of those eventually comes up), that my love for him doesn't lessen.