Some member's odd habit of posting right wing propaganda and his nonstop cultivation of it. | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Some member's odd habit of posting right wing propaganda and his nonstop cultivation of it.

It's cheaper.

Your experience is with manufacturing is unfortunate but show me some data. The American economy generates a higher nominal GDP than the Chinese economy.

The Chinese economy has the largest secondary sector (manufacturing, construction) in the world by industrial output. The American economy has the largest tertiary sector (services) in the world.

According to the Census Bureau, the U.S population is at least 326 million people.

China's population: about 1.4 billion.

The American GDP per capita is 57,000 USD.
The Chinese GDP per capita is 15,000 USD.

We get a larger bang for our buck out of our people per 1000. We invest more in our people via the service sector, the more productive economic sector, because the returns of the service sector are fantastic compared to manufacturing. Even China is trying to shift to a more tertiary economy.

The service sector is more productive than manufacturing.

I've provided data from the IMF, CIA World Factbook, and U.S Census Bureau to make my case. I'm holding you to the same standard as myself, step your game up.

I didn't say that there was a damn thing wrong with manual labor.

As for coal-mining, I'm fine with those ghastly jobs being shipped overseas until we can completely automate them or replace them with jobs that favor renewable energy. As for now, we can afford the tariffs. If we want China to give us a more favorable deal with the coal, we need to get better ambassadors.
I'm not concerned with the bottom line. Or numbers or facts. I look at what I see happening around me. And the affects of what happens when it is gone. You go ahead and believe what your told. Without competent machinists tool and die makers and manufacturers you got nothing. You have zero war machines. Zero stores zero cars. Zero tools. You have nothing without manufacturing. My point is that America the USA should put its own people's welfare ahead of others. Only by taking care of our needs first can we come up with better ideas and ways to help others get ahead also. I got no facts. Not going to go look up shit to post links here. It's just how I feel. I got no game no sides to win.

I think you've missed the point, even if we don't send manufacturing jobs to china specifically there are still going to be these hellholes with child labor and all sorts of practices that we find despicable, and we'll always buy their goods. So the question again stands:

What is the moral difference between letting some foreign laborer make our goods under dangerous conditions and unscrupulous management and just replicating that practice back here at home?
Rational egoism:

Morally, it's better that other people suffer instead of me.

51qfkdyaEBL._SL300_.jpg

9781490592862.jpg

Last edited:
Rational self-interest:

Morally, it's better that other people suffer instead of us.

51qfkdyaEBL._SL300_.jpg
I think you're confusing morality with practicality. It is a practical utility that other people take our place, but that doesn't make it right.

I blame my dominant function.
Even our strengths can become weaknesses if we let them. This is the purpose of congregating and conversing with people who think differently, to incorporate the quality of their ideas into your thinking- leading to a more complete life and more accurate and valuable reasoning.

I think it is high time that we carefully delineate all the crimes that Hillary is accused of. But to be faif we should all list them from our memory and not look them up.
First up I would have to say is the accusation that she did something illegal when she was staffer during the congressional impeachment investigation of Richard M Nixon, who was impeached for obstruction of justice. She must have been part of a conspiracy to bring him down.
any one else @Skarekrow @James @Milktoast Bandit @acd @Free @Icedream @dogman6126 @Icedream @Peppermint @Eventhorizon @ruji @Sandie33 @Reason With Logic Filling @Chickensoup @Pin @Disguised ?
How come I don't get notifications some times? If I'm not doing a drive-by I'm fettered. :D

:m043:**heads slowly toward the beginning of the thread to see what it's about. ?!? I'm not involving...yet.

Rational egoism:

Morally, it's better that other people suffer instead of me.

51qfkdyaEBL._SL300_.jpg

9781490592862.jpg

Ayn Rand @Pin ? Omg no. You're better than that. She was a sociopath. Humans are social animals. A well adapted ENTJ wins leadership, by bringing people together. Not throwing them under the bus.

She was very clever, and had only the worst ideas. Have you ever seen a video of her? She's the epitome of making the unreasonable, sound reasonable.

Reactions: Icedream
I blame my dominant function.

To be honest, I've read many of your posts and you don't strike me as a rational egoist at all. Your moral standpoint is much closer to utilitarianism. Rational egoism cannot qualify as a form of morality since morality, by definition, deals with human actions insofar as they impact others.

Honestly man, I'm getting sick of the shit.

Mr. Trump is a draft-dodging wuss and isn't half the man/president that John F. Kennedy was.
Whatever. Your argument doesn't hold up.

Ayn Rand @Pin ? Omg no. You're better than that. She was a sociopath. Humans are social animals. A well adapted ENTJ wins leadership, by bringing people together. Not throwing them under the bus.

She was very clever, and had only the worst ideas. Have you ever seen a video of her? She's the epitome of making the unreasonable, sound reasonable.
I'm no Objectivist (follower of Rand's philosophy). However, if you ever need a convenient explanation for doing something selfish, she's your lady.

To be honest, I've read many of your posts and you don't strike me as a rational egoist at all. Your moral standpoint is much closer to utilitarianism. Rational egoism cannot qualify as a form of morality since morality, by definition, deals with human actions insofar as they impact others.
No. Your argument doesn't hold up.
I know you are but what am I.

Well fuck.

I'm no Objectivist (follower of Rand's philosophy). However, if you ever need a convenient explanation for doing something selfish, she's your lady.

There's nothing wrong in acting in our own self interest, that's not selfish. It's nature.

But to to do that minus any inclusion of others well being ? That's not a virtue. As humans live and behave socially, all types resent it.

If her thoughts appeal to you ? Then you will likely find as you act that way, there will be great resistance to what you try to do. ENTJs can only lead with consensus. Those that try otherwise, are removed by better adapted types.