Solar Eclipse Watch | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Solar Eclipse Watch

Wanted to post my brothers Snapchat video of the eclipse today! Pretty awesome!

I'm glad. I hope all is well with your father.

Thanks James, kool tune! :D

Dad's OK, I convinced him to carry a little 3x4 notepad in his pocket. I write things down for him and he uses it for notes, when he remembers to write things down, lol.

Then I gave him a welcome to the Geek Club handshake. I sure hope this memory thing isn't hereditary.

So, how was it?
My friend in Montana said it dropped ten degrees and coyotes were howling.
My friend in the total coverage zone said it was the most beautiful sight she had ever seen, and when the moon was completely over the sun she could see light waving across the ground that reminded her of the aurora borealis.

Here in the NE US, the light was strange and shadows were odd. Some animals were making noises, but it could have been a coincidence. There were no moon-shapes in the shadows. I thought it could be because the ground was uneven, so I walked up the road and still... none. It was very cool to watch, though. :D I love eclipses.

Here is a list of all the upcoming eclipses. Next one is a lunar eclipse during the Wolf Moon in January.
(It's near my birthday. Yay!)

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/list.html

I was outside at work trying to get a selfie shot much like @acd described. One of the guys here came up and saw what I was doing. " That won't work, I tried. Here!" And then proceeded to show me a shadow on the ground with a piece of paper he put a hole in.

If I wanted to see a shadow I could have done the same. Just because you tried on your phone doesnt mean I could not get something to work on mine. Me, "Thanks that's so cool." All in an effort to make him feel useful and leave quicker.

2.5 minutes of totality! Had some clouds and rain in my location and ended up having to chase it. It was an experience - an emotional rollercoaster for me. I was looking forward to viewing the eclipse and catching it on camera and ended up running to the car and chasing it at the very last minute with the very good chance I'd miss it and not see anything. Outrunning rainclouds with nothing but an almost dead cellphone pulling over on the side of a rural county road to view it in the break in the clouds ended up being part of the fun. View attachment 36946 Luckily, I was in a great location and was able to see the 360 sunset horizon and was able to watch the wall of darkness/shadow rush over me, I got to view many stars and a planet, and experience the shadow lifting just as quickly. It popped behind a cloud for about 20 seconds but since I had a full 2 minutes 20 seconds that gave me time to look around and see the 360 sunset and look at the colors around me. It was amazing. So cool. It wasn't nearly long enough. I want to see another.
No selfie ?!

Reactions: Asa
I was at a work appointment at the time. The person I was with had actually made one of those box contraptions that were displayed on the news, so we took a break to go outside and try it. Unfortunately I don't think it was made quite right. There was nothing to let in the sunlight, but I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work anyway. So we stood around for about 30 seconds looking up into this dark box telling each other "Well, nope, I'm not seeing it" before we both just gave up and went back inside. IT WAS EPIC!!!

My buddy lives in GA and went to where it was total. He said that the crickets started chirping and he could see stars. I'm a bit jelly.

IMG_0553.JPG
saw the full monty and felt the dread of the rushing shadow in northern NE

Didn't see it although someone offered glasses. I think I was too scared. Now I feel like I missed out :( *dagnabit!*)

Such an incredible and indescribable experience. If you missed the path of totality this time, put the one in seven years on your calendar today. All the videos and photos don't do it justice in the slightest.

BXasFar.jpg

I was in open country in North West Nebraska. To the west was a ten mile view of prairie ending in a high bluff that cut across the horizon and the sky was clear. I was in a small cluster of friend groups with an old friend. A couple had opened the field their house stood on to car campers and such at a very reasonable rate. A very nice crowd of about 300 assembled over two nights. We got the lowdown from a guy that at totality the shadow of the moon would be perceptible rushing from Washington state to our west. Sure enough at totality this ominous shadow, as cast by a massive, unseen storm cloud, moved rapidly (like 1700 mph) towards the hill we were on. It was not a curtain, more diffuse that that, it was dreadful as was the aspect of the corona whisping about the dead black orb. Venus appeared. Just as the sun reemerged from behind the moon, brilliant golden bubbles seemed to boil over the receding edge.