So, how "old school/skool" are you? :D | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

So, how "old school/skool" are you? :D

Graduating high school in '95, all my friends told me I was born at least 20 years too late. This either means they wish I was their father (!) or I was a tie-dying, ponytail wearing hippie.

Heavily integrated-"old school/skool"

New,old,everything in between.For me,a necessity.Meant/means Survival.On the positive side:life never fails,(well,maybe sometimes)to be interesting.I continue to be amazed at the conundrum that I live,as my existence.One convoluted paradox,after another.Maybe this is the only forum where people will actually get-the tripyness of my life's journey,and my continued use of tools,from a bag I have been filling,forever.Metaphorically speaking"tools".Read not long ago that we infj's have that unique ability to come up with a versatile array of coping tools,to deal with life's challenges.Hit me between the eyes,it did.Don't know if it would have made sense to me in past,but it sure doe's now.I'm in an entire nation of extravert sensors controlling most everything,and it's weird,and it's hard.I'm getting older,yet due to genetics,ect.,I'm looking,feeling,relating like,as,and,to people not my specific age group which is weird and hard,too,and freakin'lonely and yadda,yadda,yadda-whine*People my very own age,are really downers:boring,depressing,narrow(minded).This is no meltdown,just a statement of reality.I relate well one to one,yet society won't allow much of that...Constant running around and social groups as a way of life,just drain me.Maybe if the system will allow me to get back to successful treatment for A.D.D.I would once again run at more normal energy time lines,as in able to work full time,ect.I've kept working on myself,no matter what,and waited a long time to make or get an upgrade,as it were.I realize this is pretty personal,so thanks for reading.Any comments/input/feedback,I would consider as you are just trying to be helpful.

New,old,everything in between.For me,a necessity.Meant/means Survival.On the positive side:life never fails,(well,maybe sometimes)to be interesting.I continue to be amazed at the conundrum that I live,as my existence.One convoluted paradox,after another.Maybe this is the only forum where people will actually get-the tripyness of my life's journey,and my continued use of tools,from a bag I have been filling,forever.Metaphorically speaking"tools".Read not long ago that we infj's have that unique ability to come up with a versatile array of coping tools,to deal with life's challenges.Hit me between the eyes,it did.Don't know if it would have made sense to me in past,but it sure doe's now.I'm in an entire nation of extravert sensors controlling most everything,and it's weird,and it's hard.I'm getting older,yet due to genetics,ect.,I'm looking,feeling,relating like,as,and,to people not my specific age group which is weird and hard,too,and freakin'lonely and yadda,yadda,yadda-whine*People my very own age,are really downers:boring,depressing,narrow(minded).This is no meltdown,just a statement of reality.I relate well one to one,yet society won't allow much of that...Constant running around and social groups as a way of life,just drain me.Maybe if the system will allow me to get back to successful treatment for A.D.D.I would once again run at more normal energy time lines,as in able to work full time,ect.I've kept working on myself,no matter what,and waited a long time to make or get an upgrade,as it were.I realize this is pretty personal,so thanks for reading.Any comments/input/feedback,I would consider as you are just trying to be helpful.

Nice. you should start a blog.

For some silly reason I pride myself for technically being born in the 80s...November of 1989. But still. It was the 80s.

But because my sister is 12 years older than me and is, indeed, a child of the 80s, I grew up with a lot of her 80s influence. I remember the music, the hair, the clothes.

For some silly reason I pride myself for technically being born in the 80s...November of 1989. But still. It was the 80s.

But because my sister is 12 years older than me and is, indeed, a child of the 80s, I grew up with a lot of her 80s influence. I remember the music, the hair, the clothes.

'86 here but I still wouldn't exactly call me an '80s kid. I'm a '90s kid and loved it. Spice Girls!

I just had to text my son.
I hate freaking texting! It is such an inefficientway to communicate!

I guess that makes me 'ol shool.

I refuse to see anything from after 1975 as old school.

cdogman

I refuse to see anything from after 1975 as old school.

Thanks for the comment on'75.Helped me see myself in a less ancient reference.It was a very interesting time.Hell for me-but quite signifigant socially,and a much more ignorant uninformed and innocent?..era.It's a matter of degrees.