So, how do we make sense of Fi? | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

So, how do we make sense of Fi?

When I give what is expected it is hollow.

That statement fits perfectly. This is why i hate it when people insist that i operate in Fe just to please them, because it is the most superficial feeling in the world and it feels like a job/chore to get anything done in Fe mode.

do you think there is a difference in how an unhealty Fi acts between a Fi dominant and an Fi inferior person?

Good question. hmm . . . not sure. I'd be curious to how someone would answer this.

I started out on here thinking my Fi was a lot higher than it is. I am overwhelmed by emotions, usually negative. I think a higher Fi would make me much more able to cope with such things when isolated.

Most times, when I get overwhelmed, my Fe kicks in and I start looking for other people to help calm my emotions instead of dealing with them myself. Of course, I don't maintain adequate social relationships so at that point I am sort of SOL, and rightfully so.

There is a lot of gray area with me. I am always interested in different perspectives and that often means putting my values on hold. However, extreme oppression and other things of that nature will get the Fi whispering in my ear. That could still be Fe though, because it is directed at other people. It is hard to tell the two apart sometimes.

I have always had trouble expressing myself emotionally (except on this site, which has been a giant exercise of my Fe) and a lot of times I don't know what the hell is going on with me emotionally. Sometimes it takes days before I figure out why I felt a certain way. I typically don't take action on feelings (nor show them) until I figure out why I feel that way.

Am I justified feeling this way?
Is it healthy?
What impact will it have?
What caused it?
Does it make sense to feel this way?

Reactions: sassafras