simulation theory | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

simulation theory

When is the last time you saw a computer do this?

Redraw of a scene or picture might be one example. Video skipping and repeat another. Its a guess at how many corrections a processor makes buf I am sure it happens. Error correcting memory...
A 3D environment where you see edges you are not supposed to...

Put yourself in the place of a entity within a simulated environment that is supposed to not think its simulated. Rules put in place to keep that entity from figuring it out .. a glitch in the matrix being smudged over...

if your definition of simulation is loose enough, everything is a simulation.

infiniception

Yes. How would a simulator know its not being simulated as well. But maybe in a real world there is actually a way to know. Maybe atoms really are solid rather than how we see our own...

Redraw of a scene or picture might be one example. Video skipping and repeat another. Its a guess at how many corrections a processor makes buf I am sure it happens. Error correcting memory...
A 3D environment where you see edges you are not supposed to...

Put yourself in the place of a entity within a simulated environment that is supposed to not think its simulated. Rules put in place to keep that entity from figuring it out .. a glitch in the matrix being smudged over...

I'm pretty sure that happens even when you're not looking because the program is designed to refresh itself from the start. It doesn't only correct an error just because you saw it.

I'm pretty sure that happens even when you're not looking because the program is designed to refresh itself from the start. It doesn't only correct an error just because you saw it.

I agree with that. But I am talking about computers that potentially can run an entire universe simulation along with 7 billion simulated consciousnesses. With the purpose of making everything seem as real as possible to those simulated consciousnesses.
I read an article a couple years ago suggesting that if computers continue to increase in power as expected, with in 15 to 20 years time they would be powerful enough to simulate our entire known universe in it along with every associated atom within that Universe.
If the human race we are modeled after is really 10s of thousands of years more evolved than our time line, its not hard to imagine a kids home computer as being able to do the same.

Last edited:
They wouldn't even need to simulate the entire universe with seven billion humans. They only need to generate subjectivity for some
arbitrary number of us. Most humans could be philosophical zombies. It could be done much sooner and by more races with this caveat.
I heard it stated somewhere that our future selves would be the most likely to simulate us humans but I don't agree. Whilst humans are the most likely when pitted against individual other alien races. When pitted against a universe full of various races the odds of us being simulated by future humans pales into insignificance. The creators are probably aliens. Not future humans

Have you seen the latest double slit experiment? Its fiendishly hard to describe so im not going to bother but it shows that the observer effect can travel forwards in time, not just backwards.

It also confirms once and for all that it is consciousness that is causing the change

You'll have to google it

If [MENTION=1939]Stu[/MENTION] is the Key Master, who is the Gate Keeper? Oh wait, wrong movie.

If [MENTION=1939]Stu[/MENTION] is the Key Master, who is the Gate Keeper? Oh wait, wrong movie.

What's that big dog in your fridge?

You bring up an interesting point though. Before there were computers no one could have imagined our universe being created in a computer. There was no context, no language even to talk about it. Its only recently with the advent of more and more realistic video games etc that people have thought it to be a possibility.
This means that something even more complex we dont have the ability to talk about now could be taking place because we dont have the context for it yet.

Reactions: acd
They wouldn't even need to simulate the entire universe with seven billion humans. They only need to generate subjectivity for some
arbitrary number of us. Most humans could be philosophical zombies. It could be done much sooner and by more races with this caveat.
I heard it stated somewhere that our future selves would be the most likely to simulate us humans but I don't agree. Whilst humans are the most likely when pitted against individual other alien races. When pitted against a universe full of various races the odds of us being simulated by future humans pales into insignificance. The creators are probably aliens. Not future humans

I have thought that the idea of 16 personalities lends itself well to a a simulated world.
The computer doesnt have to generate an entire universe. It only needs to make a few consciousnesses believe there is an entire universe they are interacting with. Much like a 3d world the computer doesnt create anything unless its being looked at (observed). Lending itself back to the double slit experiments.

So what does this mean? Tomorrow we learn we are in fact a program. How does this change things. How does this change you?

So what does this mean? Tomorrow we learn we are in fact a program. How does this change things. How does this change you?

It doesn't change a thing. Even if true we are still real. I think therefore I am

One thing that concerns me though is the thought that they could be moving the goal posts in terms of us figuring it out. New discoveries could just be them adding a patch to the program. A new layer of deceit.

[MENTION=12656]Elegant Winter[/MENTION] dou you have anything to add to the discussion?

Its a little passive aggressive to thumbs down me without even posting

Life is but a dream

It has been proven that our reality is pixelated like a computer game

It has been proven that what we perceive as objective reality only really exists while we are observing it, like a computer game

It has been proven that our universe has a fixed number of possible states, making it computable, like a computer game

It should therefore be possible to create our universe inside a computer complete with simulated consciousness.

If just one civilisation per galaxy reaches the point of development where they can create these simulations, then there would be hundreds of billions of simulated universes per real universe.

That's if there's only one per galaxy. That's if they only create one simulation each. That's if the observable universe is all there is.

One real universe per countless billions or trillions of simulated universes

What are the odds we live in the real one?

Scared yet?

Quantum theory, while it is excellent at describing the sub atomic world, breaks down on the cosmological scale, i.e. there is a schism between it and the theory of relativity.
String theory, the attempt at a theory of everything, is seductive but unproven.

Jung"s theory of the psychoid claims consciousness and matter mirror each other.

Buddhist philosophy claims that all is mind and everything is ultimately empty of substance, from which I derive that the material universe is consciousness, and purely an illusion.

Sigourney Weaver, who played the Gate Keeper is an INFJ.
attachment.php

Attachments

• MTEyNzU4ODU0NTU4OTc1NTAy.jpg
    MTEyNzU4ODU0NTU4OTc1NTAy.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 20
Quantum theory, while it is excellent at describing the sub atomic world, breaks down on the cosmological scale, i.e. there is a schism between it and the theory of relativity.
String theory, the attempt at a theory of everything, is seductive but unproven.

Jung"s theory of the psychoid claims consciousness and matter mirror each other.

Buddhist philosophy claims that all is mind and everything is ultimately empty of substance, from which I derive that the material universe is consciousness, and purely an illusion.

Sigourney Weaver, who played the Gate Keeper is an INFJ.
attachment.php

Huh. Im pretty sure I have a key around here some place.

You know my greatest fear in all this is the idea I may be part of a program they are running over and over ane over... it might explain why I feel so tired.

if it were a program you wouldn't feel anything

if it were a program you wouldn't feel anything

Oh I differ. Imagine why salmon do the incredible stupid thing of swimming against the current just to die..

They're spawning!

You can't simulate P-Funk
[video=youtube;h-5KjFJxnw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-5KjFJxnw4[/video]

Reactions: pzl2lxie81mc