Poetic Justice

Meh
Donor
Dec 12, 2008
MBTI
INTP
Enneagram
It has been proven that our reality is pixelated like a computer game

It has been proven that what we perceive as objective reality only really exists while we are observing it, like a computer game

It has been proven that our universe has a fixed number of possible states, making it computable, like a computer game

It should therefore be possible to create our universe inside a computer complete with simulated consciousness.

If just one civilisation per galaxy reaches the point of development where they can create these simulations, then there would be hundreds of billions of simulated universes per real universe.

That's if there's only one per galaxy. That's if they only create one simulation each. That's if the observable universe is all there is.

One real universe per countless billions or trillions of simulated universes

What are the odds we live in the real one?

Scared yet?

VR exists in your head, not in the computer. There is no "inside a computer" because a computer is only a machine that pushes electrons around and flips switches that have no inherent meaning without context.

To play a game, or construct a reality, you have to be outside the computer. Inside a computer at best you would only have voltages that appear to come out of nowhere for no reason.

Reactions: AJ_
VR exists in your head, not in the computer. There is no "inside a computer" because a computer is only a machine that pushes electrons around and flips switches that have no inherent meaning without context.

To play a game, or construct a reality, you have to be outside the computer. Inside a computer at best you would only have voltages that appear to come out of nowhere for no reason.

Why do you think you would have to be outside the simulation to play the game? AI in current computer games make decisions which alter the simulation.

And btw, particles appear and disappear out of nowhere in our reality all the time

It has been proven that our reality is pixelated like a computer game
I know they were supposed to be testing this but I never saw the result. What is your source?

Why do you think you would have to be outside the simulation to play the game? AI in current computer games make decisions which alter the simulation.

And btw, particles appear and disappear out of nowhere in our reality all the time

Look at it this way. Everything you see from a computer is output. Before you get output, data is constructed through the entire computer but it doesn't actually become meaningful to a human until the very last moment when everything is collected into output and sent to you though the interface.

Because what you are receiving is output, you have to be outside to receive it.

The AI makes decisions internally but they do not look like decisions until output. Try to look at them before output and they will not look the same. You might be able to understand what is happening if you know computer language and look at the program through a debugger, but it won't look anything like what you see when you look at the usual output that comes out of your screen normally.

Reactions: AJ_
Inside a computer at best you would only have voltages that appear to come out of nowhere for no reason.
Interesting how the impossible drive works...
The microwaves are intended to push off of "things that come out of nowhere for no reason..."
:D

Inside a computer at best you would only have voltages that appear to come out of nowhere for no reason.
Interesting how the impossible drive works...
The microwaves are intended to push off of "things that come out of nowhere for no reason..."
:D

Look at it this way. Everything you see from a computer is output. Before you get output, data is constructed through the entire computer but it doesn't actually become meaningful to a human until the very last moment when everything is collected into output and sent to you though the interface.

Because what you are receiving is output, you have to be outside to receive it.

The AI makes decisions internally but they do not look like decisions until output. Try to look at them before output and they will not look the same. You might be able to understand what is happening if you know computer language and look at the program through a debugger, but it won't look anything like what you see when you look at the usual output that comes out of your screen normally.

That actually ties in nicely with the theory. That's why quantum mechanics makes no sense. Qm is the code, our subjective experience is the output.

I don't see a problem with some element of the system needing to be outside the simulation. Maybe it is

I know they were supposed to be testing this but I never saw the result. What is your source?

I don't recall specifically where I heard this. I have read three quantum mechanics books, two string theory books, watched countless youtube videos relating to quantum theory and I frequent the website sciencedaily.com

It was in there somewhere

I don't recall specifically where I heard this. I have read three quantum mechanics books, two string theory books, watched countless youtube videos relating to quantum theory and I frequent the website sciencedaily.com

It was in there somewhere

Link above indicates no definitive proof as of yet...but that was published in 2015. As a note, Im pretty sure that proof the universe has "pixels" would be pretty big news. Big enough to where all the news stations in the free world would have reported on it.

I lean more toward the idea that this is a computer program. The reason why the quantum world doesnt make sense etc... And why we cant figure out where 95% of the mass needed to make the universe act as it does...is? Because there is no mass there. The universe is acting as it does because of RULES. Things can be in two states at the same time in the quantum world because of RULES. Particles in the double slit experiment have been observed going back and changing their outcome after being observed not because they are intelligent but because of RULES. Rules put in place just like a computer program would have rules as to how a simulated universe should act.
:)

[video=youtube;cvMlUepVgbA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvMlUepVgbA[/video]

Last edited:
Consider.... computer program, simulated reality. Why? 1 million different reasons for it. If done in a scientific capacity they could have a thousand universes with slight variances running on a single computer. They could have run a billion previous simulations and known that they needed to "cover up" pix elation in order to minimize contamination of an end result. In other words if it was necessary for the simulated consciousnesses in the program to believe they are real and not doubt it, they would cover up anything that proves they are not over time and failed results.

I lean more toward the idea that this is a computer program. The reason why the quantum world doesnt make sense etc... And why we cant figure out where 95% of the mass needed to make the universe act as it does...is? Because there is no mass there. The universe is acting as it does because of RULES. Things can be in two states at the same time in the quantum world because of RULES. Particles in the double slit experiment have been observed going back and changing their outcome after being observed not because they are intelligent but because of RULES. Rules put in place just like a computer program would have rules as to how a simulated universe should act.
:)

Of course there are rules. Without rules things are liable to be totally random. e.g. gravity just decides to not work one day.

Or suddenly the earth's atmosphere stops reflecting solar radiation and everyone cooks to death for no reason.

Of course there are rules. Without rules things are liable to be totally random. e.g. gravity just decides to not work one day.

Or suddenly the earth's atmosphere stops reflecting solar radiation and everyone cooks to death for no reason.

Right. What I mean though is that when things go back and change what they have done simply because they have been observed. ..thats something similar to what a computer might do.

Right. What I mean though is that when things go back and change what they have done simply because they have been observed. ..thats something similar to what a computer might do.

When is the last time you saw a computer do this?