Should the organs of those dying in hospital just be automatically harvested? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Should the organs of those dying in hospital just be automatically harvested?

Let me rephrase that, the government has to give the appearance of being fair as to not be sued for discrimination.

It'll be seen as not fair anyway because it's putting very specific people on the spot.

Or look at the classic firing squad scenario where nobody knows who has the bullet. Currently if people don't opt in, they're not pressed as to why - we don't know if it's willful, religious, or just apathy, it's simply their freedom of choice. When you make people opt out, you're telling them they have the bullet. You're putting them on the spot by making them willfully decline and this is going to be seen by whoever checks them. This is just begging for people to decry for their civil rights.

I wouldn't have a problem with donating my organs but I do have "ethical & trust issues" with doctors or anyone in authority making "automatic" decisions on my behalf. So it's a NO from me!

Watched this a few weeks back.....

Leana Wen
Emergency physician, public health advocate

"Wouldn’t you want to know if your doctor was a paid spokesman for a drug company? Or held personal beliefs incompatible with the treatment you want? Right now, in the US at least, your doctor simply doesn’t have to tell you about that. And when physician Leana Wen asked her fellow doctors to open up, the reaction she got was … unsettling."

http://www.ted.com/talks/leana_wen_what_your_doctor_won_t_disclose?language=en

Something tells me that if they remove both your kidneys and your spleen then you probably won't be waking up.

You caught that did you? I put the heart in there just for good measure.

Watched this a few weeks back.....

Leana Wen
Emergency physician, public health advocate

"Wouldn’t you want to know if your doctor was a paid spokesman for a drug company? Or held personal beliefs incompatible with the treatment you want? Right now, in the US at least, your doctor simply doesn’t have to tell you about that. And when physician Leana Wen asked her fellow doctors to open up, the reaction she got was … unsettling."

http://www.ted.com/talks/leana_wen_what_your_doctor_won_t_disclose?language=en
Our entire health system is messed up. Obamacare is not and never was the answer. There used to be a time when people became doctors becauee they wanted to help people. Now they have to deal with so much red tape themselves...well its not a happy thing.
I had a unique experience where I had to deal with the health system in depth at an early age. Now I know enough about it to hope I die before I get old a d sick.

so like did nobody ever dig up a dead guy back then to see what he looked like or anything like that

how's the big g gonna resurrect me if my thousand-year-old physical being is mostly scattered as individual molecules across a whole bunch of microorganisms and the living soil

is he just gonna poof me up as a big pile of dirt and bones or what

The big g is gonna suck you up into heaven with his dirt devil vacuum. Don't worry about it, bro. He got this!