[INFJ] - Sharing your Fantasy World | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

[INFJ] Sharing your Fantasy World

My dream is to be professionally successful, married, and a father. The next woman I get serious with is going to know that I'm a stand-up no-bullshit guy.

I think that it's important to be honest about your intentions with people. I've literally been told that I have to lie to receive love. At the end of the day, that's not me. I am simply not a bullshitter.
giphy.gif

My dream is to be professionally successful, married, and a father. The next woman I get serious with is going to know that I'm a stand-up no-bullshit guy.

I think that it's important to be honest about your intentions with people. I've literally been told that I have to lie to receive love. At the end of the day, that's not me. I am simply not a bullshitter.

Ladies, Infj's and alike (cause this will be against me) . If you wan't one person that focuses on having a proper family, mr. Pin (ENTJ) would be it. Like Srsly.

I once had a friend ask me point blank about it, so I told her some snippet of what I was imagining.

I have NO idea what she was thinking, though I felt AWKWARD and embarrassed. I got a vibe of shock and surprise from her, but that could very well be my own embarrassment talking.

I was so embarrassed I haven’t ever risked it again, cause yeah, it was way darker than where the average person’s thoughts live, though it didn’t feel abnormal to me...

I freely make mention of the fact that I have imaginary friends, however, and that I imagine things when I’m >insert mundane task here<. The universal reaction to that is slightly incredulous laughter and amusement. I just don’t offer any specifics anymore.

Reactions: John K and AmeyT18
Anywhere but Earth. Anywhere.

Reactions: John K
I freely make mention of the fact that I have imaginary friends.
Imaginary friend? How did you created it. Human mind can't create faces on its own , therefore ur imaginary friend would be based on someone real.
And why the hell its friend??? Why not a romantic partner? 0_0

Imaginary friend? How did you created it. Human mind can't create faces on its own , therefore ur imaginary friend would be based on someone real.
And why the hell its friend??? Why not a romantic partner? 0_0
It's like having a spirit animal. It's a fun mental exercise to do. Just imagine a personification of something you feel/think about, with a mind of its own. Eg. "How would you describe a person in a story or painting?"

Reactions: John K and AmeyT18
I don't share the real "depth" of what I imagine. I think most people would be amazed that I get anything done. I do share some of it with my wife. I'm at a stage now where I'm wanting to share more with others.

Reactions: AmeyT18
Which one?

I just wonder if any of you ever shared your Fantasy World with your life partner/soulmate/love interest? If yes how was the experience and what was the reaction of the person with whom you shared it?
My go-to fantasy world is my most real one - the outside world looks like fantasy to me more often than I'm comfortable with. I have a lot of different worlds though, mostly by walking into those made by other people as I interact with them. I can't share my go-to world very easily because it's hard to put into words that mean anything to anyone unless they have a similar awareness. I've found that it's very unwise to share it with others, because I can feel violated by the attempt - my sense of personal identity is closely bound up with it. It's actually a lot easier to share some aspects of it here in the forum than anywhere else - maybe another confirmation that selecting people by MBTI type is actually a true categorisation in at least some sense.

Reactions: AmeyT18
maybe another confirmation that selecting people by MBTI type is actually a true categorisation in at least some sense.
The fact that MBTI was able to Categorize INxJs correctly is an achievement.
When I first read about INFJ-Relationships on 16personalities I was so happy because I realized that people like me exist- who think of sex as the top most expression of love (God bless 16personalities to put my thought into words). Even my close friends (1 ENTP, 1 ENFP and 1 xNFP) didn't understood it when I tried to explain it to them (this was before I got to know about MBTI) and how disappointed I felt.... the hopelessness. I felt Exulansis.
So the fact that mbti work means its true to some extent atleast