[INFJ] Sharing your Fantasy World

AmeyT18

Regular Poster
May 1, 2019
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
NA for me
I just wonder if any of you ever shared your Fantasy World with your life partner/soulmate/love interest? If yes how was the experience and what was the reaction of the person with whom you shared it?

I just wonder if any of you ever shared your Fantasy World with your life partner/soulmate/love interest? If yes how was the experience and what was the reaction of the person with whom you shared it?
I was about to answer this, then realised that it would cause too much chaos if I did, lol.

Why do you ask, man?

Reactions: BritNi and AmeyT18
Just don't allow some crazy Mad Titan to invade your World :p

bg-client-list_0.jpg

If yes how was the experience and what was the reaction of the person with whom you shared it?

Shock, horror and dismay. Followed by acceptance.

Nah but really, it's always interesting to people.
People love each other's imaginations as they love their kin.

I believe that most people have at least one fantasy which they will always keep to themselves. Maybe it's a secret that's a bit taboo, or too twisted for most people to understand?

In my opinion, no one should ever feel obligated to share that side with anyone unless they're absolutely, 100% comfortable: spouse, lover, friend, whatever... You don't have to share.

I also believe the connection one has with their partner is of great importance. Not everyone shares the same level of intimacy, trust, communication, or time spent.

And even the most innocent and nonsexual fantasies: not everyone will understand. I know that my ex lovers were never understanding of my mind or my innermost thoughts. I held back a lot because they weren't on the same playing field.

Basically, if you're not confident that your partner will understand, then I would recommend holding off until you're sure he or she will accept it, especially if it's something so meaningful to you.

I was honest with my exes. I told them that I have a hidden, dark fantasy/secret. But I also let them know that they will never, ever, ever know what it was. It was my secret between myself and I. One which I would never speak of to another.

To anyone who says that is unhealthy, I challenge you. How is it unhealthy if you're aware of your demon and you keep it under control? Plus, my demon may not be equivalent to the next person's. It may very well be innocent. Regardless, I'm sane, I'm healthy, and it's nobody's business.

Last edited:
Lol. Ok, ok. You think so, but no, not really.

I also told them that I am highly aware they probably had have their own. I also told them that I would never wish to know. I would never probe. If they wanted to share, that's up to them.

We a have darkness under the surface. It's there for reasons we may never know. Nature? Nurture? Something else? Whatever it is, I understand it and respect it.

I had that respect so they respected mine as well. ... Or they would have been gone sooner than later. Haha. (Right? I wish).
---------------------
Additional note: so long as a person isn't acting on highly immoral fantasies (pedophilia, have you), and they're not hurting anyone, then what doesn't matter?

Whoa. I totally took this thread way out of context.

I am greatly embarrassed.
Maybe it should be in the Mature section?
I dunno. ...it was clean, but not exactly on topic.

Sorry again, guys.

I dunno. ...it was clean, but not exactly on topic.
It was clean, no worries. Not seeing a need to put it the mature section.

I don't think I ever really had a problem telling my inner fantasy before, but it's rare that I do and yeah, only to those who are close to me and who could understand/talk about it.
It's mostly very future oriented. A dark side, hmm perhaps, sometimes. Fantasy worlds, plenty.

The fun thing also is that you can write those fantasies down somewhere or incorporate them into something to express them.

Never with a significant other once with a close friend a long long time ago. I still don't understand myself why I did it. Usually I tend to keep a lot of things hidden under lock and key.

I remember her initially reaction being shock because my fantasy was a dark contrast of how the outside world perceives me to be. But she was also really happy to know because it made her feel closer to me and she ended up confiding a lot of her own secrets to me as well. When I think back about it we were probably super close at some point.

I remember her initially reaction being shock because my fantasy was a dark contrast of how the outside world percieve me to be.

You know what whenever I see an INFJ saying that they have dark thing (which can be humour or fantasy or anything for that matter) they actually doesn't sound dark to me (at least).
So I don't know if my fantasy is dark or not but it is romantic for sure

I'm not sure I have a fantasy world. Like, in a world building sense? Or... *lifts one eyebrow, then the next*

As a creative writer, I do world build stories, but I don't have like, a secret fantasy world staring myself as a main character... my fantasy world is more like, my ideal life and the shit I'd do if money was no object.

You know what whenever I see an INFJ saying that they have dark thing (which can be humour or fantasy or anything for that matter) they actually doesn't sound dark to me (at least).

Probably because as infj's we tend to be hard on ourselves and think the worst first. I'm not surprised you said romantic, we tend to be romantics at heart. My fantasy way back then was definitely dark though but only because I was more of a broken individual back then:disappointed:.

Infj's like dark humour, which is a bit contra-dictionary to their inner selves, hence it seems a bit "off" to what they're used to. But hey they damn well like it. :smirk:

I'm not surprised you said romantic, we tend to be romantics at heart.
Hopeless romantics actually... :sweatsmile:
P. S.- I am not that turbulent or perfectionist (or whatever you want to tag the INFJs who aren't sure of themselves) INFJ. I don't push myself very hard until necessary because I know I will get the job done

My dream is to be professionally successful, married, and a father. The next woman I get serious with is going to know that I'm a stand-up no-bullshit guy.

I think that it's important to be honest about your intentions with people. I've literally been told that I have to lie to receive love. At the end of the day, that's not me. I am simply not a bullshitter.