Sensor attraction | INFJ Forum

Sensor attraction

technics

On Holiday
May 13, 2011
MBTI
Yes
Which Sensor types do you generally feel attracted to? Or which Sensor types find you attractive?

I just realized that almost half of my relationships with Sensors were with ISFPs. That's no coincidence. And now I'm trying to find an explanation for that. Any hints? I don't get a clear answer on this one, but it seems as it's some sort of Introverted Feeling bridge.

From the other side (Probable ESTJ) I can say that I married an INFJ, and at least one of my other interests is an INFJ. (so 2 men out of...8 or 9 that I really have been attracted to...are definite INFJ's. At least one other probably was but I'm not in touch with him anymore. The others haven't shared their type with me even though I asked on Facebook.) For what it's worth...

Which Sensor types do you generally feel attracted to? Or which Sensor types find you attractive?

I just realized that almost half of my relationships with Sensors were with ISFPs. That's no coincidence. And now I'm trying to find an explanation for that. Any hints? I don't get a clear answer on this one, but it seems as it's some sort of Introverted Feeling bridge.

My wife is ISFP.

I find that we may not always understand each other right away, but that we make a good team.

So where did the attraction come from?

For me... I have two separate thoughts on that.

The first: I'm not so sure personality type plays the biggest role in attraction, at least not initially. There's too many other factors involved. What the differences in type do mean is that there will be different ways in maintaining that relationship. Some times two different types are incompatible enough that the strength of the other factors arent enough to overcome that. Also, in the long run, if the two types cannot at all have an understanding of each other then it makes it that much harder to continue.

The second thing I was thinking about -

My wife is ISFP. I was initially attracted to her (besides the obvious physical aspect) by the fact that she was introverted like me. She also was very warm and not too critical about things, which I attribute to her (F)eelings side of her. I was also intrigued by what I saw as her naive perception of things... That was very indearing. And even though she came off as very smart in some ways, she still had this innocent quality about her that I just wanted to relate to. Those qualities that I were attracted to, I don't think I had. And I'm pretty sure they are related to being more of a sensor and also not being judgmental.

Reactions: technics
So where did the attraction come from?

It's been a while since the beginning of our relationship (and even longer from the other interests) but if I had to quantify it, I would say that they are quiet listeners who didn't judge me. The emotional needs I had at that time were met. I'm sorry I can't quantify that any better...

They're judging you... quietly

Well, they didn't desert me for the more promiscuous girls in my dorm, and they continued to be somewhat proactive in contacting me. (Saying hi first when I didn't even realize they were there, inviting me to join their "group," etc.)

I would say ISTJ's are attractive to me if we're talking Sensors. I am sure I know other Sensors in my life but the ones I've been attracted to are ISTJ.

Reactions: technics and the
Well, they didn't desert me for the more promiscuous girls in my dorm, and they continued to be somewhat proactive in contacting me. (Saying hi first when I didn't even realize they were there, inviting me to join their "group," etc.)

he's planning something. I wouldn't trust an intuitive.

he's planning something. I wouldn't trust an intuitive.

I don't know what this means. If he's "planning something" it's going to be big since we've been together 13 years...

There is someone I know personally that i am almost for certain is an isfp that drives me nuts but in both good and bad ways . They frustrate you but fascinate you simultaneously.

I would say something mean about Sensors but that makes [MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION] angry and hurt. God he is so sensitive about being a Sensor. If I close my eyes, plug my ears and go "lalalalala" really loud, I find that totally adorable about him.

I would say something mean about Sensors but that makes [MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION] angry and hurt. God he is so sensitive about being a Sensor. If I close my eyes, plug my ears and go "lalalalala" really loud, I find that totally adorable about him.

You have torn my self-esteem's proverbial sphincter.

It is okay [MENTION=2434]Black Sheep[/MENTION]. There isn't anything wrong with being a filthy sensor. Of course, that doesn't automatically mean that there is something right about it either.

Let me think of something good about being a filthy sensor.....Um...lets see, you can blog about teeth really well....excruciating, minute details....um....yea....well......