Self-improvement credences, creeds of the sociopath? | Page 3 | INFJ Forum

Self-improvement credences, creeds of the sociopath?

I'm having a hard time seeing how any of those things are a bad idea, or how it in any way relates to control or turning off your brain.

We're living in a culture of constant guilt-- about what we eat, what we buy, etc... pretty much everything we do is causing global warming, making us fat, making us dumb, destroying everything, contributing to the downfall of society, etc. And then there's also guilt that we're not taking enough time off work, or we're neglecting our families, etc. If you're not going to change then there's really no sense in feeling guilty about it, or causing drama when it's not really called for. I agree that some things you should feel good about, but if you're walking around with enormous anxieties about pretty much everything you do, your life is just not going to be worth living.

And really, aren't all advice columns a little fascist? Anyone who thinks that they actually know what's good for you is probably full of it... the worst ones are the health and nutrition columns-- pretty much everything is good AND bad for you, and there are about 500 different reasons why you're fat, each of them seemingly the most important of all of them.

I don't think you should turn off all of your emotions and obviously you should use critical judgment, but there's a lot of BS that people get worked up about that they really shouldn't and it's actually making them really miserable.