Self help | Page 2 | INFJ Forum

Self help

But then anybody under 25 will ignore everything you say lol

But then anybody under 25 will ignore everything you say lol

Only the ones who weren't like me when I was their age. =P If they're mindless, however cruel it might sound, I really wouldn't care if they don't listen. Screw them! >.> Well maybe that's not exactly what I'll do but it's damn well what I wish I could do.

-steers the discussion back on topic-

No use in getting sidetracked.

Last edited:
I've forgot what the topic was now. were we really going somewhere with this? I don't remember

It's your thread! I'll let you direct it, but I was just catching myself. I see this getting into pointless chit chat that doesn't seem like it would at all be constructive to the Self Help cause. But then, I'm just a stale cookie. I took the color code test and I have none of the color yellow in me- at all. I'm apparently not a very fun person. :washing:

That was actually an attempt at humour. If you look at the posts on this thread I don't think "self help" has come much into it. I think perhaps it is a bit too vague a topic. Which is why it keeps devolving into random chatter

I don't have a sense of humor. :rain:

:rain:< This smilie represents the remarkable ability of INFJ's to be artistic and creative as well as having an uncanny insight into people and situations. As you can clearly see, this smilie is and INFJ because he intuitively recognizes the situation of rain and has creatively displayed the use of a coping mechanism.

He has also somehow ingeniously attached it to the side of his head. I don't see any hands. Damn us INFJ's are smart

Though, unfortunately if you asked him how he did it, it's likely that he just 'knew' and has no concept of the mathematical impossibilities. A genius, but an accidental one. It's very likely that his INTJ cousin > :nerd:would understand more about that.

Which brings me to a Self Help point that I believe all of you INFJ's should get a hold of; it's that very 'just knowing' feeling that gets you all into a lot of conflict with many people when you assume things.

An example of an INFJ gone wrong is one of my close friend, Robin, whom recently called me up to complain about a he said she said issue. Apparently, someone told her that I had said that she wasn't a virgin. I don't know why people listen to those he/said she/said bullshit anyway but the point is that because my 'actions were suspicious' i 'sounded suspicious' and she 'just knew' that I was lying due to her picking up on feelings that weren't there she quickly decided I was lying to her.

No matter how strong the feeling, I think we all need to go through a period of self analyzing. Most of us do. But if you don't your lack of judgement can lead to you jumping to conclusions based on whim-of-the-moment feelings. I don't hold my feelings as god; nobody should. I find we get this way, mostly, when we are depressed.

Last edited:
If I may... it's all a bit too long to explain perfection as I understand it, I may start a thread later I really enjoy dilective(sic?) chit chat, this thread--though general--is really interesting to see where it goes... Slant, what have you been eating? so much solid wisdom and from a 15 year old! - Wow - When you spoke of that 'just knowing' feeling with conflict when assuming things: The mind has millions of questions it cannot answer and so it doesnt matter if *an* answer via assumption is true or not, what matters is it's an answer, and that's the safety net, it makes us and them feel safe with any answer we form in our head, but when the bubble of assumption pops, the truth comes out. People are just too scared to have clear communication, me thinks and he's too old! Your friend will only come her way when she is ready, as a friend, you can only show her the door (with your insights), don't label anything and just listen, if she talks then listen, as she moves forward in her thinking and self realizations, she'll determine that she does need some type of proper therapy to deal with rape (or abuse).

Your observations are spot on in the cycle of self abuse with this older fella to validate the sense she deserved her father doing what he did... Sorry to hear it.

Self help? maybe by just talking and exchanging ideas theres an element of self help, you overwrite truths and I reciprocate, isn't that self help? in a nutshell? I'm interested in NLP if you can point me to some info you found useful... Thanks:)

Right, I'm outie again, bedtime! ciao.

Last edited:
He has also somehow ingeniously attached it to the side of his head. I don't see any hands. Damn us INFJ's are smart

I think he's holding it there using only the power of his brains!

Witchcraft!

I wish I was that smart at 15. Must be that female intuition booster to the INFJ. :wink:

This NLP sounds like cognitive behavior therapy. How does it differ?

Reactions: Wyote
No matter how strong the feeling, I think we all need to go through a period of self analyzing. Most of us do. But if you don't your lack of judgement can lead to you jumping to conclusions based on whim-of-the-moment feelings. I don't hold my feelings as god; nobody should. I find we get this way, mostly, when we are depressed.

I have found my intuition to be only about 80%-90% accurate. And I have gotten it spectacularly wrong on occasion. I don't think of my intuition as law. It's just a useful pointer. A piece of information to be considered along with all the others. Nothing more. Again I am struck bt how early on in life you have realised this. At 15 I didn't even know that everybody couldn't do this.

Although you have rightfully been getting many compliments. I think you should seriously consider how this maturity seperates you even further from your peers. Don't grow up too quickly. You might regret it later in life.

If anybody is interested in NLP, AntoniaDodge has started a thread titled "Poetic Justice" in the Internal World section. This is where I will be discussing NLP. It has only just started but I think this could turn into a very interesting thread.

This NLP sounds like cognitive behavior therapy. How does it differ?

NLP is anything that works. If there is anything in cognative behaviour therapy that produces results. It will be included somewhere in NLP.

Although you have rightfully been getting many compliments. I think you should seriously consider how this maturity separates you even further from your peers. Don't grow up too quickly. You might regret it later in life.

Oh, the vast stretches of advice that have been poured into that section. I really do like my intelligence, but I do feel trapped in a body that isn't equal to the capacity of my brain. Everyone in my family seems to be above-the-norm and I just find it hard putting myself within the range of other people. It's unsatisfying. In fact, a lot of the times I will lose a sense of myself when I try to fit in with a group or people because of the 'requirements' they subconsciously put on you. Fifteen year olds don't talk about love, charity and the serious issues of the world. They just don't. But my INFJ father has recently suggested I join some sort of activist cause [ I'd probably aim for Gay Rights] or chess club, because he says thats where people with intellect tend to gather. But perhaps this could be considered a self-help problem? How can I help myself to fit in better with my peers without having to 'dumb' myself down?

I remember having the same problem. I, however, didn't deal with it and instead of learning to coexist I opted to put my nose into a book (or several thousand of them).

Therefore, I can only hope you figure things out, or get good advice from someone else. I think things will work out in the end however.

Looking at it as 'dumbing down' isn't very positive tho. I will say that. It's more like you are stimulated more from academia and world issues...while your peers are stimulated more by hormones and the herd mentality.

I'm sure you'll be fine once you get to college. Till then? I think some sort of hobbie.where you can meet people with similar interests. Chess club sounds like a good start. Also how about doing some volunteering for a local charity. I used to volunteer for my local Neighbourhood Development Trust. Then they employed me. I'm doing really well there now. I seem to be appreciated more for my views among that sort of people.

University is similarly filled with the same morons from High School.

All those idiots who go out and drink underage? They do the same thing in Uni, only this time they're legal.

You can find intelligent friends in high school. i did.

I remember having the same problem. I, however, didn't deal with it and instead of learning to coexist I opted to put my nose into a book (or several thousand of them).

Therefore, I can only hope you figure things out, or get good advice from someone else. I think things will work out in the end however.

Looking at it as 'dumbing down' isn't very positive tho. I will say that. It's more like you are stimulated more from academia and world issues...while your peers are stimulated more by hormones and the herd mentality.
And drugs, and ICP and kicking over mailboxes and vanalizing homes and having wild parties and fighting over boyfriends/girlfriends as well as setting forests on fire and listening blindly to what their parents tell them and hating their parents for raising them properly and...

Yeah but I do get your point. I do like people, I don't think anyone is beneath me. I just think that....they have...more eccentric interests then myself. Because I don't really like school very much, and I find the people who do are more left-brained, they tend to excel at memorizing and a lot of the time at that age they will do just that without taking the time to fully understand the material. Even if you're getting staight A's it doesn't mean you're smart, persay, it just means you have an excellent skill at taking tests.

But yes, I'm going to try and get into the activist scene. I really want to make it possible to have a Gay Straight Alliance at my school, because currently it's illegal....