School, A path to modern enslavement? | Page 6 | INFJ Forum

School, A path to modern enslavement?

All you did here was state a bunch of meaningless baiting passive aggressive bullshit.

Could have saved time by just saying "fight me bruh"

no i think that the above poster did not want to explore the idea that boys might be in crisis because they had a different narrative which they preferred

i was totally honest with them about that and they are free to disagree with me and show me how i'm wrong about that

You got that right. Too bad you're not a proponent of it.

well that would depend on whether or not boys were in crisis and whether or not that is occurring due to social engineering

i was trying to explore that but the above poster shut the conversation down

if you look at the table i posted it shows a downward trend for boys dropping out of school over a long period of time and then suddenly very recently it kicks upwards, so i'm asking: why?

Last edited:
i was trying to explore that but the above poster shut the conversation down

Use less combative language.

I actually agree with you on the point of men falling behind in the US.

Reactions: kinglear
Use less combative language.

i take your point but i'm not sure how to tell someone that you think they are choosing to ignore reality because it makes them feel better in a way that doesn't put their nose out of joint

i think internet moderators need to realise that some posters out there will always try to silence people they don't like or people who's viewpoints they want to silence

they will twist and turn and even cry crocodile tears and they will hit the 'report' button and they will PM other posters to try and pour poison in their ears but the bottom line is that they are trying to shut down a viewpoint that doesn't agree with theirs

I actually agree with you on the point of men falling behind in the US.

i have been through a few educational establishments and whenever i looked in doorways of classes the audience were overwhelmingly female

now a feminist if they are really about 'equality' as some claim they are would then start asking why boys are falling behind

we are told that men and women are equally smart so it can't be that women are smarter

however we do see some militant feminists who clearly do not give a damn about equality and appear to be in a gender war (gender consciousness) so for them the failure of boys is a victory

We have all been told we must adapt society to help girls and now the shoe is on the other foot we see people turning away and ignoring the issue

i think internet moderators need to realise that some posters out there will always try to silence people they don't like or people who's viewpoints they want to silence

they will twist and turn and even cry crocodile tears and they will hit the 'report' button and they will PM other posters to try and pour poison in their ears but the bottom line is that they are trying to shut down a viewpoint that doesn't agree with theirs

I know you don't know me or have good reason to trust me currently, but I have been doing this for a very very long time.

We have all been told we must adapt society to help girls and now the shoe is on the other foot we see people turning away and ignoring the issue

This is largely a perception you've created in your own reality, and not a reflection of truth.

Reactions: pzl2lxie81mc
I know you don't know me or have good reason to trust me currently, but I have been doing this for a very very long time.

i can see it says '2008' there so i can appreciate that!

i hope you can see that i'm speaking plainly

as we both know society is polarising and i perceive forces that are tearing society apart. i also see those forces trying to hide behind some sort of moral mask which i believe is fooling a lot of people because i believe those forces are not what they present as and i believe they have destructive intent towards all people

Reactions: Wyote
This is largely a perception you've created in your own reality, and not a reflection of truth.

no it was discussed in that tucker carlton clip i posted above where he speaks to a female author who has researched this area

i also see those forces trying to hide behind some sort of moral mask which i believe is fooling a lot of people because i believe those forces are not what they present as and i believe they have destructive intent towards all people

Again, more of your own personal reality manifesting itself as paranoia instead of simply examining facts.
Also, you underestimate people's ability to see through deception. It's not that they don't see, it's that they lack ability and power.
There are people with destructive intent but they are by far a small minority, that's why society stays relatively well in tact.
There are far more who are simply selfish and/or incompetent in various ways. Slowly chipping away at whatever is accomplished by selfless competent people.

Again, more of your own personal reality manifesting itself as paranoia instead of simply examining facts.

i assure you there are many facts underpinning my assertions

Also, you underestimate people's ability to see through deception. It's not that they don't see, it's that they lack ability and power.
There are people with destructive intent but they are by far a small minority, that's why society stays relatively well in tact.
There are far more who are simply selfish and/or incompetent in various ways. Slowly chipping away at whatever is accomplished by selfless competent people.

it sounds like you are describing people in general as in people on the street and certainly they are a factor which i am trying to explore in my 'left or liberal' thread but there is another factor here which is the rulers of society

so what i'm observing is a lot of communist policies beinfg pushed down on society from the top of society

to clarify i'm seeing a revolution but not one coming from grassroots people (for the most part anyway) but more from powerful people which then begs the question: what's in it for them if communism is supposed to be for the workers?

what's in it for them if communism is supposed to be for the workers?

giphy.gif

Reactions: JennyDaniella
ooh nice that reminds me of a recent meeting that took place in london

Bangin party. That reminds me of this dope nicki minaj video.

Reactions: JennyDaniella
The above poster actually spent quite a lot of time looking into this question and came up with a theory that fits the facts. I didn’t shut down the conversation - where do you get off making all these charges against me? Maybe question your own attitude towards women, how much bias you have and stop projecting so much. I’m pretty annoyed.

When you look at the numbers, the difference by gender is much smaller than the difference by other factors - socioeconomics and race. The difference in graduation rates between girls and boys is 2%. The difference between white boys and black boys is double that at 4%. The difference between white boys and Hispanic boys is quadruple at 8%. It’s not about who has a higher count of the plague. It’s about context. If the gap between white and black boys is 2%, and for white boys and white girls it’s 8%, then the numbers show that there is systemic oppression of white boys. That’s not the case.

I do see a much larger percentage of boys post-high school in labor jobs than girls. I also see the gender gap in education widening at the lower end of the income scale. This all tells me that boys, more than girls, are driven to drop out of school to pursue labor jobs. Women, more than men, are driven to stay in school and avoid dropping out. Boys go into labor jobs and girls do not, explains the 2% difference. It explains differences with other countries. It explains differences across race. It explains the difference by income. It is a better explanation than that women are using their institutional power as teachers to oppress boys.

As for the uptick in drop-outs for white boys, it’s tied to an uptick in white poverty rates. It’s not exactly a mystery. If I were a lower class white boy, I wouldn’t be asking for more interactive classes. I don’t think poor Hispanic boys would care about that either. What they really need are jobs, or financial support. Seriously, who exactly are these interactive classes for.

i'm beyond annoyed

9 Signs We Have a “Boy Crisis”

When people speak of a “boy crisis,” they don’t mean the post-punk band from Brooklyn, or the like-totally-awful drama a teenage girl is going through with a kid on the lacrosse team. The term refers to the country’s seeming dilemma of underdevelopment and academic underachievement in young males. Although the issue began to surface as far back as the ’80s, some have held firm in their refusal to acknowledge a reason for concern for our next generation of men. But to us, the tell-tale signs are there to prove American society has a serious problem.

1. Boys are twice as likely to be diagnosed for ADHD as girls:
Probably the most commonly cited evidence of a problem among boys is the alarming rate of diagnosis of attention deficit disorder and the corresponding prescription of medications to curb it. According to the CDC, now more than one in nine boys (11.2%) ages 3-17 are diagnosed with ADHD at some point. (The fact that they even diagnose 3-year-olds for short attention spans should be enough to alarm parents and at least give pause to the rest of us.) Over the same age range, only 5.5% of girls will be diagnosed with ADHD, but the rates are trending up for both in recent years.

2. boys are dropping out of schools in high numbers. The high school dropout rate for boys and girls is now one in four, but it’s boys that are keeping that rate high. Black students have suffered from especially low graduation rates, averaging out around 50% but sinking as low as 21% in some communities around the country. Many possible causes exist to explain the problem: a celebration of anti-intellectualism in males in schools, Hollywood, and society in general; boys’ natural aversion to a classroom environment; a failure of teachers to allow “boys to be boys;” even claims that the educational system itself is geared toward helping studious, neat, conforming boys succeed while disenfranchising kids who don’t fit the standard mold. Whatever the reason, something will have to be done to get these guys to graduate.

3. Boys’ grades lag behind girls’:One could make the argument that the education system has actually succeeded when it comes to preparing boys for standardized tests. They routinely record around twice the number of perfect scores on SAT sections, even when more girls take the test. But for some reason, girls consistently earn better grades in their classes, and grades determine high school graduation, advanced class placement, and college admission. Boys take the lion’s share (70%) of D’s and failing grades. Well-known psychologist Michael Thompson recently pointed out that 11th-grade boys now write at the same level as 8th-grade girls. These facts can’t be ignored by simply applauding girls for closing the gap in school; they’re signs that boys are in crisis mode when it comes to grades.

see the other points here https://collegestats.org/2012/08/9-signs-we-have-a-boy-crisis/

continued...

4. Boys have suicide rates four times higher than girls:While the psychology community has been busy promoting awareness of girls’ issues related to body image, “girl power,” and cyberbullying over the last two decades, it appears boys’ mental and emotional health may have been taken for granted. Boys between the ages of 15 and 19 committed suicide at a rate of 12.5 per 100,000 from 1995-2005, as opposed to just 2.8 per 100,000 for girls. Experts like William S. Pollack of the Centers for Men and Young Men at McLean Hospital/Harvard Medical School believe boys’ problems are more hidden and misunderstood, making them arguably more dangerous, and the numbers seem to bear that out. “There’s no doubt that in relation to suicide, boys and young men are in a crisis,” he says. “And almost nothing has been done to remediate it from the gender perspective.”

1. The gap between the number of women and men on college campuses is widening:It may seem like a stretch to link elementary school boys to big men on campus, but the educational groundwork for attending and succeeding in college is laid over those formative years. And somewhere along the way, boys are going astray. One look at a graph of the college enrollment rates for men and women is enough to see that since 1970, women’s numbers have been climbing while men have been sliding lower and lower. Today, women outnumber men on 57% of campuses and enjoy a 3:2 ratio overall. By 2020, men’s enrollment is projected as low as 41.4%, down from 57.7% in 1970. By then, millions more women than men will have earned college degrees.
  2. Millions of young men are trapped in “Guyland”:This one is more anecdotal than scientific, but the signs are everywhere that the boy crisis has evolved into a crisis of perpetual boyhood. Many informed observers have begun to shine the light on the legions of 20-something and 30-something men in arrested development between adulthood and immaturity, unable to commit in relationships, confused about manhood, shirking responsibility, and many dependent on parents because of the poor economy. One can’t help but think that this is the fruit being produced by the boy crisis, where boys were denied the opportunity to be boys and thus can’t find their footing to step into manhood.
  3. Boys are five times more likely to end up in juvenile detention:Adult men make up about 80% of prison inmates, but boys are incarcerated at an even higher ratio compared to girls at the juvenile level. They are sentenced to juvenile detention facilities five times more than their female counterparts. Considering the history of men and women, we would probably expect males to be involved in crimes more often than women simply because of gender differences, but even recent years of increased arrest rates for girls are not enough to bring them anywhere close to the number of bad boys. According to the Children’s Defense Fund, one out of six Latino boys are at risk for being incarcerated at some point in their lives, and a third of African-American boys.
  4. Boys are far more likely to be the victims of violent crime:A fact that goes hand-in-hand with boys’ high rate of incarceration is that they are up to five times more likely to die by homicide (as in 2004) and up to seven times more likely to die in a gun-related death than girls. These are the boys who got out of juvenile detention or managed to never be sent there and who raised their risk factors through certain high-risk behaviors, as laid out by the Department of Health and Human Services. These include early aggressive behavior, drug and/or alcohol abuse, hanging out with other troubled kids, and poor academic performance; in other words, all issues that could be prevented at a young age through education or other responsible adult instruction.
  5. Schools are taking steps to find solutions: It’s tough to argue there’s no boy crisis in education when educators are taking major steps to fix it. As one example, schools across the country, from Maine to Florida to Idaho are instituting same-sex classrooms. The idea is to remove the distractions of teasing or flirting with the girls from boys, in order to improve their concentration and hopefully their grades. Some also incorporate features tailored to boys like permission to go for a run before a test and special microphones for teachers to adjust their voices to levels found to be most effective for addressing males. While the programs have detractors (notably, the ACLU), and parents can opt their kids out of the programs if they choose, the classes’ existence proves educators are convinced of the need for a sea of change in the way boys are taught.
August 8, 2012 Staff Writers
https://collegestats.org/2012/08/9-signs-we-have-a-boy-crisis/

In the one second it took you to respond with a wall of verbage, I can tell you’ve not even read or thought about anything I wrote. There’s really no point in discussing things with you.

In the one second it took you to respond with a wall of verbage, I can tell you’ve not even read or thought about anything I wrote. There’s really no point in discussing things with you.

i did read it but it sounded like you still hadn't acknowledged that boys are in crisis and it sounded a lot like a point you had made earlier in the thread which i felt had already been covered

there's plenty of data out there to show they are if you care to look

i did read it but it sounded like you still hadn't acknowledged that boys are in crisis and it sounded a lot like a point you had made earlier in the thread which i felt had already been covered

there's plenty of data out there to show they are if you care to look

I neither minimize nor exaggerate the issue and in some ways, have a more objective, though less personal view. I don’t think it’s fair for you to say I’m invalidating or dismissing this issue.

I neither minimize nor exaggerate the issue and in some ways, have a more objective, though less personal view. I don’t think it’s fair for you to say I’m invalidating or dismissing this issue.

so do you acknowledge that boys are in crisis?