Sad Melancholy Thread | Page 7 | INFJ Forum

Sad Melancholy Thread

@JennyDaniella Y u no update thread! LOL

Y-U-No.jpg

Last edited:

I first heard this lovely piano piece on Spotify while I was working and gazing at the window, seeing my favorite tree and the beautiful sunset.

Song brings such a beautiful bittersweet nostalgia that is hard to explain.

Ruins:

Caspar David Friedrich

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Zdzisław Beksiński

b1.jpg

b2.jpg

Otto Dix

d1.jpg

Hello everyone!

From what I've noticed and observed, introverted types (some at least) have a deep attraction towards things that are quite hauntingly sad, nostalgic, bittersweet, and dark---especially myself who I find darkness beautiful and calming, similarly to a moth to a flame.

I've noticed a pattern within myself on this forum that I have the tendency on posting some songs that are either sad or nostalgic---or pictures that are rainy, dark, and quite somber---especially autumn-like scenery. It's not that I am a sad person, quite the opposite really; it is just that I find the whole concept of darkness extremely calming and therapeutic; which sounds really odd, but it's true! I don't know how to really explain or conceptualize it.

There is something about sadness that has that enriching sense of "realness" that is incredibly intriguing and very human. Is it because us introverted types are so familiar with being alone and isolated that the feeling of melancholy and sadness is our familiar companion?

Or is it because INFJs like the connections of the unknown and unseen?

Do also share your perspectives if you'd like! I am very curious to what all of you think regarding this topic. :relaxed:

Anyways, this thread is for us folks that love anything dark, haunting, nostalgic, and sad. May it be songs, art, pictures, poetry, movie scenes, etc! Anything! :)

I will go first.

8d2453140c04b8cdd54d238f6a9ddc94.jpg

Hi there! Late to this conversation, but I'm wholeheartedly with you on the fact that sadness and feelings of melancholia are massive storehouses of energy, inspiration and great creativity! I can truly only speak for myself, but, my entire practice has been to "hold" these qualities, and at the same time, remain buoyant, so that they don't weigh me down, thus learning about the truth that these feelings stem from. After over three years of inactivity, I wanted to share a new spoken word piece that I've created that draws from this wellspring. In fact, 100% of my creativity does, and will always.

Wonderful to come into contact with like minded souls! Take care -D

7ebe3b9dd7c4bf6608a14548949d199a.jpg

a5cb2f0efb6ed8b92e468d30025f19e6.jpg

af420980197891b8844cb24fd6391d7f.jpg