Romney vs. Obama - 2nd debate - what did you think? | Page 4 | INFJ Forum

Romney vs. Obama - 2nd debate - what did you think?

I thought Romney was disrespectful.
Like him or not, he is the president.
You watch your tone when addressing the president.

I would have liked a plan for Obama's next term. Didn't expect one from Romney since he hasn't offered one other than to placate. Talking in high level generalizations is useless.
Tax breaks for everyone.

What bothers me is people have so little respect for this president. Why?? The only thing different about him is he's black. Other than that when have we challenged the legitimacy of a president.
Maybe GW but that's a different circumstance. Did anyone ever invite GW to the house of congress and call him a lier. Interrupt him. We embarrass ourselves as a country. He's the president of the United States.
We aren't sure if those Florida votes were counted correctly. So I'll just be disrespectful to you mr president. I don't think so. Is this country so racist it's become ok to violate the president.

I don't live in rural backwoods country. That's my racism. I grew up with respect and manners. Guess they don't have that everywhere.

You're fun.
Pretty simple.
Based on what do you think your vote is useless. The EC isn't a conspiracy. Your state legislators execute the vote.
But you're saying regardless of the popular vote, or districts voting, the legislators will just vote however they feel. Huge ramifications don't you think.
Might not get reflected or worse for disenfranchising the people.
I don't subscribe to the conspiracy.
And if everyone felt their vote were useless, them there would be no vote.

It's all the same theme. We all need to participate. Go back to the first posts I made in this conversation. You live here. It's your house. Now take care of it and do your part.

What about the part that you are privileged to even vote. Have you been anywhere where the people can't participate in a meaningful way.
But you question the meaning.
Because you don't get to have your one vote that determines the outcome.

I thought you had a point.
I'm starting to think you are just argumentative.

I feel like I have already preemptively answered your argument, but you continue to present it as valid.

Yes I have been where people arent privileged to vote. I have seen the before they could vote and after. I was less impressed with their after state, than their before state.

I guess it is obvious that I dont find your argument convincing.

I thought Romney was disrespectful.
Like him or not, he is the president.
You watch your tone when addressing the president.

I would have liked a plan for Obama's next term. Didn't expect one from Romney since he hasn't offered one other than to placate. Talking in high level generalizations is useless.
Tax breaks for everyone.

What bothers me is people have so little respect for this president. Why?? The only thing different about him is he's black. Other than that when have we challenged the legitimacy of a president.
Maybe GW but that's a different circumstance. Did anyone ever invite GW to the house of congress and call him a lier. Interrupt him. We embarrass ourselves as a country. He's the president of the United States.
We aren't sure if those Florida votes were counted correctly. So I'll just be disrespectful to you mr president. I don't think so. Is this country so racist it's become ok to violate the president.

I don't live in rural backwoods country. That's my racism. I grew up with respect and manners. Guess they don't have that everywhere.

Little respect really? I thought George W Bush was shown far more disrespect than Obama ever was.

I can't argue with a woman in yoga pants, you win.

Reactions: CindyLou
Obama isn't black. He's culturally white. His father was black, but he only met him once. He grew up in Hawaii with his white grandparents. His mother was white. He never had any close associations with blacks while growing up.

Compare a white man I knew in Seattle whose parents died and he was adopted by black parents. He went to Morehouse. He ate fried chicken. He was a pastor of an all-black church. Now he was black.

Obama is white. He went to Harvard and Occidental. He's never lived in any kind of impoverished black area. He would be mugged if he tried it.

I think people dis him because he wrecked America. 16 trillion and he doesn't appear to be aware of it. If he is aware of the national debt, it's always Bush's fault. It's always someone else's fault with Barack.

Except when the Seals got Osama. Obama did that.

Obama isn't black. He's culturally white. His father was black, but he only met him once. He grew up in Hawaii with his white grandparents. His mother was white. He never had any close associations with blacks while growing up.

Compare a white man I knew in Seattle whose parents died and he was adopted by black parents. He went to Morehouse. He ate fried chicken. He was a pastor of an all-black church. Now he was black.

Obama is white. He went to Harvard and Occidental. He's never lived in any kind of impoverished black area. He would be mugged if he tried it.

I think people dis him because he wrecked America. 16 trillion and he doesn't appear to be aware of it. If he is aware of the national debt, it's always Bush's fault. It's always someone else's fault with Barack.

Except when the Seals got Osama. Obama did that.

So he came into offce and?

Did he do right by Detroit? Wax it a bad idea to take them through a managed bankruptcy?

We're we not in the middle of a housing recession caused by curious investment vehicles? Had you known what a CDS was before?

Did they bank and investment institutions need any intervention, or would you have let it work itself out?

Do you not believe in people health care changes were needed. I seem to remember this discussion. Do it's better to let people die on the street? Or you have to pay for them.

I'm not sure where or how you get a trillion a year on the health care changes.

People were disrespecting the president long before any of his ideas were in action. Starting with too big to fail.

Sorry. Line I said. GW wasn't embarrassed in the house of congress.
All the disrespectful things that might have been said about him wasn't while he was invited to meet with congress.
I thought I was clear. Calling him an idiot because he's the least articulate guy might be disrespectful. But my doing it is pretty meaningless.

And regardless of how much anyone spends. It's the president of the United States. Do you take orders from a commanding officer, except when you don't like him.

It was disrespectful. Easy to blow past all the things that mean stuff to other people. How go you expect people to be considerate for your concerns.

Problem is your are assuming your non vote means something. That it counts in some way. It it's not measured. Your state doesn't recognize a non vote, and therefore you are doing nothing. You're not protesting, fighting, speaking your mind. You are basically invisible. Nonexistent. A non participant. And by that virtue you have no rights. No right to complain. If you want to be heard, you need to play the game. Vote for something.

Even if you don't like everything about her, you might find you learn things about her you really want. You'll never know if you don't at lest ask her out.

Lol, thank you for saying what I was trying to say in such a clear and concise manner.

But seriously [MENTION=731]UBERROGO[/MENTION], there really isn't a difference between the people who are running for third party and you. You guys are both disgusted and if you looked into their policies you'd realize you have a bunch of stuff in common with them. Obviously they aren't going to win, they know that, they aren't dumb, but they realize that representing the people who are just as pissed off as them is more important than how their chances look like. And it's incredibly courageous for them to do that, they could just as easily say "fuck this this is stupid" and not have even voted but they chose not to. I don't think that going out to vote for someone who is just as, if not more, pissed off with what's been going on with the US as I am and has put forth their time, effort, and dedication to let everyone else who feels this way know that they are not alone is too much to ask for. Choosing not to vote is not a statement, it's apathetic and defeatist. There is no difference between someone who chose not to vote out of "protest" and someone who's too dumb to understand why voting is important. I can't believe we're seriously having a discussion about why it's important to vote lol this is crazy to me.

Look at Occupy Wall Street. Every single person who went out to protest and organized it and could have said "fuck this we're screwed anyway no point in doing anything" and they ended up changing the national dialogue and and had a message so strong and potent our government went completely out of their way to shut them down and discredit them. Stop seeing it as just your "one vote" and look at the bigger picture. You can think of us going out to vote as naive idealists all you want but if you look at the major progresses throughout America, or even history, you'll realize it's the same "naive idealists" who ended up bringing these changes about instead of thinking "i'm only one person I can't change shit everything is just a giant mess and this is all pointless"

Last edited:
Lol, thank you for saying what I was trying to say in such a clear and concise manner.

But seriously @UBERROGO , there really isn't a difference between the people who are running for third party and you. You guys are both disgusted and if you looked into their policies you'd realize you have a bunch of stuff in common with them. Obviously they aren't going to win, they know that, they aren't dumb, but they realize that representing the people who are just as pissed off as them is more important than how their chances look like. And it's incredibly courageous for them to do that, they could just as easily say "fuck this this is stupid" and not have even voted but they chose not to. I don't think that going out to vote for someone who is just as, if not more, pissed off with what's been going on with the US as I am and has put forth their time, effort, and dedication to let everyone else who feels this way know that they are not alone is too much to ask for. Choosing not to vote is not a statement, it's apathetic and defeatist. There is no difference between someone who chose not to vote out of "protest" and someone who's too dumb to understand why voting is important. I can't believe we're seriously having a discussion about why it's important to vote lol this is crazy to me.

Im not trying to make a statement. At least not an "active" statement to the world on how I feel. I will just reiterate my previous thoughts on the matter:

I guess I am just not convinced that casting my vote-that-doesnt-count is meaningful. The EC will vote how they want anyways. I recall reading that they have voted against the popular vote at least 4 times with no repercussions. 200+ years, 4 mistakes. Ok thats not too bad of odds, but I think it should be better for something as important that people die over.

Maybe its like you say and im just too dumb to get it. I guess I just wasn't properly brainwashed as a child. Who knows.

Last edited: