Rferraris

Community Member
Mar 3, 2012
MBTI
INFJ
Enneagram
How did you become religious?
Is it something you were taught.
Did you discover it on your own, or did you accept what you were told.
Is religion god. Is there god without religion. Does there have to be a god.

The list of questions go on.
I am interested in learning from people their thoughts on the matter.
I personally don't subscribe to a particular religion. Although I think it strange that none of us know very much about this life or how we got here, and are easy to dismiss ideas. Ideas that might be religious, or are maybe spiritual( for lack of having another way to explain it)

What are your experiences.
Are you scared to consider there might not be a god, or anything that cares. No reason for being.

I know this is an intense conversation.
I hope it to be a conversation, and not a lot of defensive positioning. It's not meant to violate anyone's belief. It's to open a topic for discussion that is usually personal and not something, in my experience, people are open to talking about. But it's interesting, so here goes.

Here's my take on it;

We are rational beings. Or, at least, I HOPE you are one. We use evidence and past experiences to handle with problems. To me, there is no evidence that God exists, other than a Book that was written by human beings, (which, by the way, is supposed to be "Holy," even though it was written by humans.) Sure, Jesus Christ really existed, but that doesn't mean anything. People exaggerate things about many people just as they have done before. It's nothing new. Now naturally, there weren't a lot of knowledgeable people back then, and people needed an explanation for things they couldn't explain, so people thought up of God. Back then, if you denied God, you were given a public ass beating, followed by humiliation. Then afterwards, time to "repent" for what you have done, and everything went back to normal. Nowadays, someone can worship a Rock and no one would give a shit, unless they're some Extremist asshole. I'm glad we have evolved past our former ape-like self's and applied common sense to things and didn't have prejudice against people, unlike back then. Is it still happening today? Absolutely. Did it happen as much as back then? Hell no.

If God is really smart as people make him/her/it out to be, he/she/it wouldn't have created rational beings who had the common sense and ability to question his/her/it's existence. How's that for intelligence? Now I'm definitely NOT saying that I would Reject God if there was 100% proof that he/she/it existed, I think very few people would either. But as far as I'm concerned, and as far as evidence goes; there is no God. Is that a bad thing? Not at all. It's better, I think, for humans to figure out things on their own, and to believe in themselves. Power in yourself, I think, Is far greater than any power that is lent or asked for by anything or anybody else.

A great quote from Einstein;

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

And a sorry lot the lot of us are, Mr. Einstein.

Reactions: Blind Bandit
[MENTION=4408]Auron[/MENTION]
I want to agree with most of what you have said. But a lot of people hold onto religion.

Is religion something they came to on their own. Do they ever question their beliefs or do they simply accept what they are told.

I am hoping to learn from someone that has questioned god and religion and has come to the conclusion there is a god or religion for themselves. My conclusions are a lot like yours and the historic nature makes a lot of sense for why religion came into existence, but there are adamant people and I find there isn't a lot of tolerance on either side. Those that believe for non believers and non believers for those that do.

I don't expect much participation for this topic because it may sort of come across like expecting people to justify themselves and they might not feel up to it.

[MENTION=4408]Auron[/MENTION]
I want to agree with most of what you have said. But a lot of people hold onto religion.

Is religion something they came to on their own. Do they ever question their beliefs or do they simply accept what they are told.

I am hoping to learn from someone that has questioned god and religion and has come to the conclusion there is a god or religion for themselves. My conclusions are a lot like yours and the historic nature makes a lot of sense for why religion came into existence, but there are adamant people and I find there isn't a lot of tolerance on either side. Those that believe for non believers and non believers for those that do.

I don't expect much participation for this topic because it may sort of come across like expecting people to justify themselves and they might not feel up to it.

Justifying themselves? Pfff. If they aren't up to that, this whole website would be dead. Trust me, there are those who are willing out there.

I have been raised as a Christian, so that has had a big influence on what I believe. For awhile I looked at the major arguments of atheism, but I realized that I still believed in God because I've "felt" him. My values are consistant with Christianity (for the most part), but I believe there are many convictions that Christians have that are short-sighted. To sum it up, I believe in the Father, Son, and Spirit and I also believe that many aspects of religion are human renditions of things much bigger than us.

I grew up with divorced parents, one that was very religious, and one that really wasn't. Most of my childhood, the idea of god seemed like a joke or completely irrelevant to my life. I was agnostic half the time and atheist the other. But really I just didn't care. I can confidently say that you cannot be taught to believe in god or any idols in any religion. However, you can be taught how to believe in them, and how to feel like you do but it takes a lot more than church to find true (excuse my church lingo) ‘Enlightenment’. In fact, church is the thing that destroyed religion for me. My pastor once said, “Church is where you go to be judged”, and then two weeks after was transferred to another church. (He came back eventually) But I realized, or more my thoughts were confirmed, that that was true. Church can’t actually talk you into being faithful, in my opinion your greatest discoveries are within yourself. Though I will say Church can point you in the right direction.
For me, Religion is very private (heh, yeah right. THAT’S why I’m posting it on the INTERNET.), mostly because I have my own idea of it that has little to no influence from church and society and I'd like to keep it that way.
I think that religion and god are very different matters and you have to treat both in different ways. You have to remember that religion is man-made and man run. God, or the idea of god (depending on your beliefs) is untouchable by humans at this point. Sure there are a lot of people who skim the bible looking for which rules they want to follow then declare it a whole new thing, but I'd bet that all of those people agree that god is both good and terrifying and gives you a bunch of rules on how to be a good person and so on. Religion doesn’t need a real living God acting in peoples lives on a Dailey basis because all religion really is, is a moral law. (Back up, I just mean that it is full of Laws for morals instead of the max speed limit.) It’s there to keep people in order and there heads where they’re supposed to be. (Religion and Church are very messed up, I don’t believe that all that war and hate is suppose to be there, so I’m disregarding it for the purpose of explaining my own views) Things like helping the homeless, loving your enemy, and forgiving those who wronged you are all hard things to do but religion gives people a reason to do them. And I believe that's the whole point of it. Religion doesn't need a god (though it seriously needs help now-a-days) and God necessarily need doesn't need religion. (Meaning the bible was already being written before the first church, I think without all the organized praise the faith some people have in god would still survive, if not as strongly as with religion.)
For your last question, I am not scared that there isn't a God. And its not because I "know for an absolute certainty that one exists because I feel his undying love!!" and that crap, but because a God can serve its purpose without actually being around and is a good idea as long as you look at it properly. I'm NOT afraid to go to hell, nor do I claim I'm going to heaven, but in my eyes where I go when I die is completely irrelevant. What I care about is being a good person, and that humanity keeps being encouraged to be good people and that when I'm alone and sad and frustrated I don't actually have to feel all that alone.
And just to let you know, I talk about Christianity because that’s what I was introduced to first, so it’s the most familiar and has the biggest foundations in my life. I’m not singling out Christianity to be Religion, but it is MY religion.
:/ You know what. It all very complicated, I don’t make any sense, and I don’t think I’m actually doing myself any justice. IT’S COMPLICATED. Okay. In short I guess I'm trying to say:

NO, you cannot be taught to be religious. At some point everyone finds it BY THEMSELVES on some level.
Yes, I discovered it on my own.
NO, Religion does not need a real living God, and God does not really need religion. The point of religion is give people some sort of standard, but the point of God is more to give people hope and a reason to have faith.
Lastly, I think that people who are religious because they are scared of hell haven't truly found God yet. You shouldn't be scared because it really shouldn't matter.

In the end religion SHOULD be different for everyone because you can only find true faith inside yourself and everyone is different.

These are just some of my views and I don’t question or threaten anyone else’s with these, I’d appreciate it if you’d please be delicate with them.

Reactions: Quiet and the
I grew up with divorced parents, one that was very religious, and one that really wasn't. Most of my childhood, the idea of god seemed like a joke or completely irrelevant to my life. I was agnostic half the time and atheist the other. But really I just didn't care. I can confidently say that you cannot be taught to believe in god or any idols in any religion. However, you can be taught how to believe in them, and how to feel like you do but it takes a lot more than church to find true (excuse my church lingo) ‘Enlightenment’. In fact, church is the thing that destroyed religion for me. My pastor once said, “Church is where you go to be judged”, and then two weeks after was transferred to another church. (He came back eventually) But I realized, or more my thoughts were confirmed, that that was true. Church can’t actually talk you into being faithful, in my opinion your greatest discoveries are within yourself. Though I will say Church can point you in the right direction.
For me, Religion is very private (heh, yeah right. THAT’S why I’m posting it on the INTERNET.), mostly because I have my own idea of it that has little to no influence from church and society and I'd like to keep it that way.
I think that religion and god are very different matters and you have to treat both in different ways. You have to remember that religion is man-made and man run. God, or the idea of god (depending on your beliefs) is untouchable by humans at this point. Sure there are a lot of people who skim the bible looking for which rules they want to follow then declare it a whole new thing, but I'd bet that all of those people agree that god is both good and terrifying and gives you a bunch of rules on how to be a good person and so on. Religion doesn’t need a real living God acting in peoples lives on a Dailey basis because all religion really is, is a moral law. (Back up, I just mean that it is full of Laws for morals instead of the max speed limit.) It’s there to keep people in order and there heads where they’re supposed to be. (Religion and Church are very messed up, I don’t believe that all that war and hate is suppose to be there, so I’m disregarding it for the purpose of explaining my own views) Things like helping the homeless, loving your enemy, and forgiving those who wronged you are all hard things to do but religion gives people a reason to do them. And I believe that's the whole point of it. Religion doesn't need a god (though it seriously needs help now-a-days) and God necessarily need doesn't need religion. (Meaning the bible was already being written before the first church, I think without all the organized praise the faith some people have in god would still survive, if not as strongly as with religion.)
For your last question, I am not scared that there isn't a God. And its not because I "know for an absolute certainty that one exists because I feel his undying love!!" and that crap, but because a God can serve its purpose without actually being around and is a good idea as long as you look at it properly. I'm NOT afraid to go to hell, nor do I claim I'm going to heaven, but in my eyes where I go when I die is completely irrelevant. What I care about is being a good person, and that humanity keeps being encouraged to be good people and that when I'm alone and sad and frustrated I don't actually have to feel all that alone.
And just to let you know, I talk about Christianity because that’s what I was introduced to first, so it’s the most familiar and has the biggest foundations in my life. I’m not singling out Christianity to be Religion, but it is MY religion.
:/ You know what. It all very complicated, I don’t make any sense, and I don’t think I’m actually doing myself any justice. IT’S COMPLICATED. Okay. In short I guess I'm trying to say:

NO, you cannot be taught to be religious. At some point everyone finds it BY THEMSELVES on some level.
Yes, I discovered it on my own.
NO, Religion does not need a real living God, and God does not really need religion. The point of religion is give people some sort of standard, but the point of God is more to give people hope and a reason to have faith.
Lastly, I think that people who are religious because they are scared of hell haven't truly found God yet. You shouldn't be scared because it really shouldn't matter.

In the end religion SHOULD be different for everyone because you can only find true faith inside yourself and everyone is different.

These are just some of my views and I don’t question or threaten anyone else’s with these, I’d appreciate it if you’d please be delicate with them.

Please don't post subjective opinions as facts.*

* Making it all caps does not add validity to the argument.

@Auron

The majority of human beings cling to what they were told to believe in, children learn from their parents so on and so forth and then society continues beating it into our heads... indeed most humans cannot reject what they have learned and think for themselves and that's really sad. Its interesting how much info we inherit and don't even realize it. Did you know that children are genetically predisposed to believe anything their parents tell them? It takes a rare person to battle their internal genetic desire to agree with the people who are feeding and clothing and raising you, its no wonder that religion thrives on ignorance and blind faith and that the more available data there is for people to study the less religious they are.

I personally despise tradition, the notion of doing something a specific way because that's just the way we always do it, and not because it works is absurd to me.

Reactions: Quiet
It takes a rare person to battle their internal genetic desire to agree with the people who are feeding and clothing and raising you, its no wonder that religion thrives on ignorance and blind faith and that the more available data there is for people to study the less religious they are.

I personally despise tradition, the notion of doing something a specific way because that's just the way we always do it, and not because it works is absurd to me.

To say that all religions thrive on ignorance and blind faith is going a little too far... and 'independent thought' is mostly a myth... I suppose it's possible but most people use the whole 'you're a sheep' argument to belittle the intelligence of anyone who holds a contrary belief, and nothing more. I think that religious people are capable of being just as intelligent/creative as irreligious people, the problem being that they're less likely to recognize the absurdities/fallacies in some of their conclusions, or how they tie valid scientific conclusions to their beliefs. I'm speaking mostly about Christianity/Islam/Hinduism here... most of the really popular religions are extremely corrupt, an unfortunate result of their being popular, I suppose.

Buddhism, Jainism, and the atheistic religions sometimes have superstitions and iconography in their 'lower' or more base forms, but at their cores they're also scientifically, morally, philosophically and intellectually sound. I think that theistic religions/anything involving deities is usually social control, but there are other religions that celebrate and revere things like creativity, science and 'independent thought', depending on how you understand the term. Zen Buddhism involves questioning/challenging/destroying pretty much every conclusion that you could ever possibly come to about anything, including Zen itself... in order to maintain the purity of the creative spirit and make sure it's not contaminated/disrupted by the whole 'let's give it an identity' process.

I don't have issues with all religion, I mostly have issues with preachiness, aggression, the policing of morals, the uncritical embrace of obsolete beliefs, and the condemnation of benign acts on the basis of some backwards, superstitious belief that has been disproven thousands of times over.

Indignation, self-importance, self-righteousness, aggression all seem to go hand in hand with a lot of the major ones... and these kinds of things almost always lead to seeing other people as 'lesser' beings.

Last edited:
Here's my take on it;

We are rational beings. Or, at least, I HOPE you are one. We use evidence and past experiences to handle with problems. To me, there is no evidence that God exists, other than a Book that was written by human beings, (which, by the way, is supposed to be "Holy," even though it was written by humans.) Sure, Jesus Christ really existed, but that doesn't mean anything. People exaggerate things about many people just as they have done before. It's nothing new. Now naturally, there weren't a lot of knowledgeable people back then, and people needed an explanation for things they couldn't explain, so people thought up of God. Back then, if you denied God, you were given a public ass beating, followed by humiliation. Then afterwards, time to "repent" for what you have done, and everything went back to normal. Nowadays, someone can worship a Rock and no one would give a shit, unless they're some Extremist asshole. I'm glad we have evolved past our former ape-like self's and applied common sense to things and didn't have prejudice against people, unlike back then. Is it still happening today? Absolutely. Did it happen as much as back then? Hell no.

If God is really smart as people make him/her/it out to be, he/she/it wouldn't have created rational beings who had the common sense and ability to question his/her/it's existence. How's that for intelligence? Now I'm definitely NOT saying that I would Reject God if there was 100% proof that he/she/it existed, I think very few people would either. But as far as I'm concerned, and as far as evidence goes; there is no God. Is that a bad thing? Not at all. It's better, I think, for humans to figure out things on their own, and to believe in themselves. Power in yourself, I think, Is far greater than any power that is lent or asked for by anything or anybody else.

A great quote from Einstein;

"If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed."

And a sorry lot the lot of us are, Mr. Einstein.

God in your words seems to be intertwined with the ability to use force to exert control. I think that is valid considering the ideas of God in early western culture were tied so closely with forces of nature.

Humans at this point in history have a pretty good grasp and understanding of the Earth and how it works - it wasn't this way for most of history.

Haha. No we're not. :)

Uh, yeah, we are. We make rational decisions. For instance; to reply to my post, you made a rational, (albeit ignorant) decision to click on the "reply" button and type your response.

Me: 1
You: 0

Also, if not for rationality, wouldn't humans have died out long ago?

Me: 2
You: -1

Uh, yeah, we are. We make rational decisions. For instance; to reply to my post, you made a rational, (albeit ignorant) decision to click on the "reply" button and type your response.

I just have to intervene even though it's off topic.
I think her decision to respond was based on her feelings (you can see a "haha" at the beginning and a smiley at the end) and clicking on the reply-button is a learned pattern that is part of the procedure.

Most humans aren't rational, that's why there have to be laws, police and that's why there are govermnents and leaders. A rational being wouldn't be influenced that much and would develop a way to live in harmony not on an egoistic basis.

Let's end it in a draw^^ People are just rational and irrational at the same time.

Last edited:

Sorry bro but humans are not rational. Not even close. We are capable of being rational and maybe we should be rational but we are clearly not rational as a whole. If rationality was the reason humans survive, then why do stupid people survive? Babies are not rational and neither are their mothers. Humans survive through the process of trauma because of the hormone released in a woman's brain after trauma that causes them to bond with their babies, and also because they are cute. Where do you get this shit...what in the world makes you think that reason is why humans survive? Did you read that drivel on some new-atheist website? New atheist web forum comment? Um, you're going to have to explain your reasoning behind reason being a primary survival tool. I could post so many examples refuting that it is not even funny. LOOK AROUND YOU go out in the world and observe human behavior. We are irrational all the time! Humans being rational conflicts with reality. That is absolute nonsense. Think about it. If humans were rational creatures would Billy have to title his blog "Rational Thinker" ?? He might as well call it "Human being" or "flesh" or I don't know, "I drink water then I pee" or any other mundane everyday trait that humans possess the minute they come out of the womb. We don't make all survival decisions based on thinking and reason all the time, and in fact doing so can be dangerous. That's reality. How do you go about determining what is true and isn't out of all the s$it out there? One of your criteria for determining if something is true or not is to ask yourself if it CONFLICTS WITH REALITY.

How old are you? You act like you're twelve; my response to you was friendly. If you're older than that, get laid because I guarantee you're not. No man that is getting some would react like that to a friendly disagreement. Jesus Christ almighty I have no idea why you responded like that. Bizarre! Oh, please stop projecting your ignorance onto me. You're making me feel embarrassed for you, and that makes me feel bad. :( Your little scoring system is stupid, and you got that off a web forum somewhere therefore you are not original and you let others think for you. Now, you've gotten me to be snotty.

Me: 0

We both lose.

Last edited:
Reactions: the
Maybe removed from the situation on the internet people are rational, when people are dealing with real life in the moment they tend to be not so rational.

To say that all religions thrive on ignorance and blind faith is going a little too far... and 'independent thought' is mostly a myth... I suppose it's possible but most people use the whole 'you're a sheep' argument to belittle the intelligence of anyone who holds a contrary belief, and nothing more. I think that religious people are capable of being just as intelligent/creative as irreligious people, the problem being that they're less likely to recognize the absurdities/fallacies in some of their conclusions, or how they tie valid scientific conclusions to their beliefs. I'm speaking mostly about Christianity/Islam/Hinduism here... most of the really popular religions are extremely corrupt, an unfortunate result of their being popular, I suppose.

Buddhism, Jainism, and the atheistic religions sometimes have superstitions and iconography in their 'lower' or more base forms, but at their cores they're also scientifically, morally, philosophically and intellectually sound. I think that theistic religions/anything involving deities is usually social control, but there are other religions that celebrate and revere things like creativity, science and 'independent thought', depending on how you understand the term. Zen Buddhism involves questioning/challenging/destroying pretty much every conclusion that you could ever possibly come to about anything, including Zen itself... in order to maintain the purity of the creative spirit and make sure it's not contaminated/disrupted by the whole 'let's give it an identity' process.

I don't have issues with all religion, I mostly have issues with preachiness, aggression, the policing of morals, the uncritical embrace of obsolete beliefs, and the condemnation of benign acts on the basis of some backwards, superstitious belief that has been disproven thousands of times over.

Indignation, self-importance, self-righteousness, aggression all seem to go hand in hand with a lot of the major ones... and these kinds of things almost always lead to seeing other people as 'lesser' beings.

This is a fantastic post. I do agree with Billy we do believe everything our parents tell us. We see them as our little gods and it is very difficult to get past what they've taught us, that is just the way it is. On the other hand, I see the 'you're a sheep' or 'you're irrational' argument a lot as well which just tells me that someone has taken the easy way out. Its the painless, easy way out and cowards take that path. Cowards on both sides.

I used to be Christian because when i was little my grandparents always took me to bible study. Once I grew up a bit and lived with my mom, no one in my house went to church. I read the Bible and rode my bike to church every Sunday because that's what I was interested in, God had always been there for me, as someone to rely on when things got tough, and someone to thank when things were good. I thought that to have God I had to be Christian.
However, as I said, I read the Bible. It took me 2 years, but I read it start to finish and realized I didn't agree with most of the things stated in the book. I believe in evolution, for one. I believe that you should be able to love whoever you want and not be condemned to burn in Hell for whoever that may be. So I started to think on my own and not believe everything that I was taught.
As I got to college I learned more about different religions and realized that a lot of the stories in the Bible are very similar to other religions that are older than Christianity. I started to challenge ideas and talk with other people. My goal is to learn about a lot of different religions, not to bash them in any way, but because I find it interesting. As of now, I'm not sure if i believe anything in the Bible, but it is good to know stories for when Christians do challange or ask my for my own opinions.
The only thing I can say is that I do believe in a god. What god? I don't know. A loving god. A god that watches over us, during good and bad times, a god that wants us to be good people. A lot of athiests have asked, "if God loves people so much, why does he let people starve in Africa?" well maybe it's so people who are more fortunate can proove themselves and help others. So those of us who are blessed with food and clothing and shelter can grow and give. I'm not saying we should do this so we can get a star by our name in the book at the gates because 1) I don't believe in St. Peter and 2) I don't think good deads will get you into Heaven. That's doing good because you're being selfish. You should do good because you want to help people (yes, you can argue that's selfish in itself because you're doing it because you want to, but that's not the point).
I know i've gotten way off topic and am rambling, but I've been thinking about this stuff a lot lately, just wanna see if anyone else feels the same. Maybe God is just the universe and that's what I've been giving thanks to every night.
PS- I used to ask God for a lot of things in life when I prayed, I've changed that as of a few months ago and it's really helped me grow as a person. Instead of asking for things when I pray, I just give thanks for everything I have been given. It definitely makes me a happier person.

Sorry bro but humans are not rational. Not even close. We are capable of being rational and maybe we should be rational but we are clearly not rational as a whole. If rationality was the reason humans survive, then why do stupid people survive? Babies are not rational and neither are their mothers. Humans survive through the process of trauma because of the hormone released in a woman's brain after trauma that causes them to bond with their babies, and also because they are cute. Where do you get this shit...what in the world makes you think that reason is why humans survive? Did you read that drivel on some new-atheist website? New atheist web forum comment? Um, you're going to have to explain your reasoning behind reason being a primary survival tool. I could post so many examples refuting that it is not even funny. LOOK AROUND YOU go out in the world and observe human behavior. We are irrational all the time! Humans being rational conflicts with reality. That is absolute nonsense. Think about it. If humans were rational creatures would Billy have to title his blog "Rational Thinker" ?? He might as well call it "Human being" or "flesh" or I don't know, "I drink water then I pee" or any other mundane everyday trait that humans possess the minute they come out of the womb. We don't make all survival decisions based on thinking and reason all the time, and in fact doing so can be dangerous. That's reality. How do you go about determining what is true and isn't out of all the s$it out there? One of your criteria for determining if something is true or not is to ask yourself if it CONFLICTS WITH REALITY.

How old are you? You act like you're twelve; my response to you was friendly. If you're older than that, get laid because I guarantee you're not. No man that is getting some would react like that to a friendly disagreement. Jesus Christ almighty I have no idea why you responded like that. Bizarre! Oh, please stop projecting your ignorance onto me. You're making me feel embarrassed for you, and that makes me feel bad. :( Your little scoring system is stupid, and you got that off a web forum somewhere therefore you are not original and you let others think for you. Now, you've gotten me to be snotty.

Me: 0

We both lose.

Sorry bro
Don't call me bro.

How old are you? You act like you're twelve; my response to you was friendly. If you're older than that, get laid because I guarantee you're not. No man that is getting some would react like that to a friendly disagreement.

I'm the one who's twelve, yet you tell me to "get laid."

Kill yourself. I can't stand ignorant, inbred piss ants like you.

If rationality was the reason humans survive, then why do stupid people survive?

Because of McDonalds, a form of government that protects people, and transportation.

you got that off a web forum somewhere

Prove it.

Now, you've gotten me to be snotty.

So much for not being able to think for yourself. If I made you "be snotty", what does that say about your dependence on others?

I think you should just stop now. Point is, some people are rational and others aren't. The consequence for not being rational isn't as high as it was, say, a few hundred years ago.

And last of all, your original post of saying;
Haha. No we're not. :)

Caused me to defend what I said. Are you really going to blame me? My response;

Wasn't serious really, and almost playful. You decided to flip shit and get serious over that little post and get pissed. Not my problem. I was merely defending my opinion.

Last edited:
Don't call me bro.

I'm the one who's twelve, yet you tell me to "get laid."

Kill yourself. I can't stand ignorant, inbred piss ants like you.

Because of McDonalds, a form of government that protects people, and transportation.

Prove it.

So much for not being able to think for yourself. If I made you "be snotty", what does that say about your dependence on others?

I think you should just stop now. Point is, some people are rational and others aren't. The consequence for not being rational isn't as high as it was, say, a few hundred years ago.

And last of all, your original post of saying;

Caused me to defend what I said. Are you really going to blame me? My response;

Wasn't serious really, and almost playful. You decided to flip shit and get serious over that little post and get pissed. Not my problem. I was merely defending my opinion.

Calling people names is not a defense. Plus, the examples you gave for why stupid people survive do not prove that we are rational, have nothing to do with the price of metal, and prove even further how irrational we are. People don't make rational decisions. Emotions, social norms, there are many things that drive our mind... look at markets. Since I see your age I won't engage any further with you. I make it a point not to intellectually masturbate on the internet and it wouldn't be inappropriate to do it in front of a teenager, anyway. I didn't realize you were only 18 and knowing that now, my response was inappropriate and I'm sorry. Had I known your age I would have given you the benefit.

Last edited: